Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 Boards.ie Draft Final Round 15 in OP (Picks thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Now here is a record

Grand Prix Wrestling
    GPW Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Édouard Carpentier
    Maple Leaf Wrestling
    NWA International Tag Team Championship (Toronto version) (1 time) - with Whipper Billy Watson
    NWA United States Heavyweight Championship (Toronto version) (1 time)
    Pro Wrestling Illustrated
    PWI Match of the Year (1972) Battle royal on January 14, Los Angeles, CA
    PWI Match of the Year (1975) vs. Spiros Arion on March 17, New York, NY
    PWI Match of the Year (1976) vs. Stan Hansen on April 26, New York, NY
    PWI Match of the Year (1977) vs. Billy Graham on April 30, Baltimore, MD
    PWI Match of the Year (1980) vs. Larry Zbyszko at Showdown at Shea in a steel cage match
    PWI Most Inspirational Wrestler of the Year (1976)[11]
    PWI Stanley Weston Award (1981)
    PWI Wrestler of the Year (1974)
    Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum
    Class of 2002
    World Wrestling Association (Indianapolis)
    WWA World Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Dick the Bruiser[12]
    World Wide Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Federation
    WWF International Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Dominic DeNucci (1) and Tony Marino (1)
    WWWF United States Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Spiros Arion
    WWWF World Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
    World Wide Wrestling Alliance
    Hall of Fame (Class of 2008)
    Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
    Feud of the Year (1980) vs. Larry Zbyszko
    Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 1996)
    Other titles
    Madison Square Garden walk of fame
    Received the Key to the City in Franklin, Pennsylvania as part of IWC's Night of Legends 3 on March 24, 2007

He headlined MSG 211 times, with 187 of them being sell-outs.

He won the WWWF world title on May 17, 1963. He lost it on January 18, 1971. He won it again on December 10, 1973. He then lost it on April 30, 1977, only due to injury. Those kind of title reigns do not happen anymore. He is not a man. He is a genuine living legend

Bruno Sammartino

image91.jpg

Gers roster so far:
    1 - Shawn Michaels
    2 - Christian
    3 - Sheamus
    4 - Takeshi Morishima and Kensuke Sasaki
    5 - Roderick Strong and Austin Aries
    6 - Paul Heyman
    7 - Bam Bam Bigelow
    8 - Bruno Sammartino

On behalf of The Flah

Dusty Rhodes

dusty1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

My next pick has a genuine claim to be considered the greatest of all time. A guy who was so legitimately tough that when he joined the US Army during WW2 they asked him to train the men in unarmed combat.

He is a former undisputed heavyweight champion of the world, he became the youngest World Champion in history aged just 21, a hooker capable of tying his opponents inside out as he sometimes had to do against unprofessional opponents, he went on to hold the NWA Title for an unequalled combined total of 13 years and went undefeated incredibly for nearly 8 years. I'm talking of course about Lou Thesz.

15.jpg

Thesz was already an icon before wrestling became a hit on US TV but with it he went on to become one of the highest paid athletes in the country, even earning more than what sports stars like Joe DiMaggio were earning. At his peak Thesz was making two million dollars which was an astonishing amount at the time.

He sold out MSG and was a huge legend in Japan going there 48 times and according to Dave Meltzer being treated like royalty whenever he went. He also participated in a match with Rikidozan that measured a staggering 87.5 rating making it the highest ever TV show in Japan or the US. He received a citation from the President of the United States and was pictured with numerous celebrities.

Thesz is also credited with inventing a number of moves such as the belly to back waistlock suplex (a.k.a. German suplex), the Lou Thesz press, STF and the original powerbomb.

Honestly one could talk of this man's accomplishments all day but here's a few more brief facts from OWW:
    - Lou Thesz started wrestling as a professional at age 17 in and around his hometown of St. Louis, Missouri..
    - Lou Thesz was Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion on six different occassions..
    - Lou Thesz won the prestigious World title as recognized in Montreal..
    - Lou Thesz held a variety of "International" championships that he defended from Europe to Japan..
    - Lou Thesz remained UNDEFEATED AS CHAMPION for nearly eight years! (July/1948 - March/1956)..
    - Lou Thesz, even with an artificial hip replacement, was able to take part in a match in Hamamatsu Japan..
    - December 26, 1990: Lou Thesz (age 74) lost his final match to Masahiro Chono by Submission with the STF..
    - Lou Thesz is the only wrestler EVER to compete in 7 different decades (BESIDES Mae Young)...
    - Lou Thesz's biography, "Hooker," crafted in association with Kit Bauman, is available in a 260 page manuscript form..
    - April 28, 2002 - Lou Thesz passes away -- The greatest professional wrestler of all time will be sorely missed..
    Upon death, Lou Thesz's body was cremated and ashes spread on a riverbank in Missouri..
    Lou Thesz legacy

-International Wrestling Institute and Museum
    George Tragos/Lou Thesz Hall of Fame (1999)

- Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame
    Pioneer Era (Class of 2002)

- Stampede Wrestling
    Stampede Wrestling Hall of Fame

-St. Louis Wrestling Hall Of Fame
    Class of 2007

- World Championship Wrestling
    WCW Hall of Fame (Class of 1993)

-Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 1996)
    * Observer wrestler of the year award named after both him and Ric Flair

If you've never seen how good this guy wrestled in his day you may enjoy as I did watching this short match here with Gene Kiniski. There's no sound but this match is way ahead of its time:

Plus if you can spare 30 minutes you should check out this terrific documentary on the man's extraordinary life:

I'm delighted to add this bonafide legend of the business to my roster and I reckon he will fit in superbly.

MNG roster thus far:

- John Cena
    - Samoa Joe
    - Lance Storm
    - William Regal
    - (Original) Tiger Mask
    - Fit Finlay
    - El Hijo del Santo & Negro Casas
    - Victoria
    - ...and now...the legend Lou Thesz.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I gotta make sure this guy is in my roster! My next pick is another current wrestler that's just impressed the hell out of me. He's a big name in Dragon Gate and it's American counterpart, and also made a name for himself in Pro Wrestling NOAH with his partner.

I was really impressed with his skills; despite his "boy-band" look...and the heel "killer" version of his character just sold me completely.

wBw is put two more talented Japanese wrestlers on the payroll :

BxB Hulk
    250px-BxB_Hulk.jpg
    zBXBHulk3.jpg

and one of his Dragon Gate Open The Triangle Gate (tag team) partner :

SHIIIIIIIIINGOOOOOO!
    Shingo Takagi

180px-Shingo-Takagi.jpg

wBw Roster :
    Kurt Angle
    MotorCity Machine Guns
    KENTA
    The Miz & John Morrison
    Senshi and The Brian Kendrick
    Hiroshi Tanahashi
    Raven
    BxB Hulk and Shingo Takagi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Bow down to the King
    Harley Race
    3.jpg
    Only the fourth man to win the NWA world heavyweight title multiple times before Flair emerged Race was the man with the most title wins in the companies history. He was Flair's opponent in his best angle ever (Flare for the gold) cutting an epic promo infront of a suitcase of money and is in the Observer, WCW and WWE hall of fame. A great promo and an even better in ring performer he won 3 PWI matches of the year and 2 Observer wrestler's of the year seamingly crossing the divide of marks and more innocent fans

Here's his book
    http://books.google.ie/books?id=WgEZ_yHwgKgC&printsec=frontcover&dq=harley+race&source=bl&ots=cvJz1WuGyW&sig=9wAFu1nAEHn6auKTMpAIOfaOlIE&hl=en&ei=a1KES57gDYf80wTboO3SAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CAgQ6AEwADgK#v=onepage&q=&f=false

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Please welcome the 12th member of the D.W.O Revolt roster:

Ron "R-Truth" Killings

r-truth-2.jpg

The young/underused wrestler plan is continuing in the D.W.O with the next addition to the roster, R-Truth. I'm lucky to pick a great wrestler who is ridiculously underused in the WWE at the mo. He has so much charisma, it's ridiculous. He's a 2 time NWA/TNA World Heavyweight Champion and his wrestling style is just what the D.W.O is looking for.

Cyberspace Wrestling Federation
    - CSWF Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

Memphis Championship Wrestling
    - MCW Southern Heavyweight Championship (2 times)

NWA Wildside
    - NWA Wildside Television Championship (1 time)

Pro Wrestling Illustrated
    - PWI ranked him #18 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2004

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
    - NWA World Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
    - NWA World Tag Team Championship (1 time)1 – with and B.G. James and Konnan
    - TNA World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Adam Jones

World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment
    - WWF Hardcore Championship (2 times)
    - Slammy Award for Best Musical Performance (2008)

killings.jpg

D.W.O Revolt Roster:

1. The Undertaker
    2. Eddie Guerrero
    3. Evan Bourne
    4 and 5. Beer Money, Inc. (James Storm and Robert Roode)
    6 and 7. L.A.X (Homicide and Hernandez)
    8 and 9. The Hart Dynasty (Tyson Kidd and David Hart Smith)
    10 and 11. Lethal Consequences (Jay Lethal and Consequences Creed)
    12. Ron "R-Truth" Killings

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

My next 2 picks teamed up regularly over a 14 year period when Ray Stevens missed house shows. I got this confirmed by Grey Parks of the Torch (their AWA nostaliga man) on their audio show last night.

My first pick is one of the greatest all round wrestlers of all time.
    1. He was great in the ring.
    2. He was fantastic on the mic with a very unique style.
    3. He had great longevity wrestling for 32 years, and wrestled well in all of those years competing well into the 1980's
    4. He was known as a complete professional outside the ring too.

5. He is a forgotten legend.
    6. He held the AWA title longer than anyone with the exception of it's founder Verne Gage.

I give you:

Nick Bockwinkel
    nickbockwinkel3.jpg

A great promo

Flair versus Bockwinkel:

My second pick is for my mind the greatest manager and arguably up there as the heel of the 1970's and the comic heel of the late 1980's.

In fact, as great as he was when we saw him, he apparently was better in the AWA.

He is in the Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame and has won Best Manager in the Observer on numerous occassions.

I give you:

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

bobby-the-brain-heenan.jpg

So there's my pick:
    Heenan and Bockwinkel

nick.jpg

So my roster:
    1. Bret Hart
    2. Nick Bockwinkle
    3. Bobby Heenan
    4. Rey Mysterio
    5. The Great Muta
    6. The Crush Girls
    7. Konnan
    8. Billy Kidman
    9. Vance Archer

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

034atlas_johnson.jpg

My next pick is Rocky Johnson and Tony Atlas

LizLinear Wrestling Entertainment - LWE Roster So Far:

The Rock
    Christopher Daniels
    The Young Bucks aka Generation Me
    JBL
    The Mexicools aka Super Crazy & Psicosis
    Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black
    Sid Vicious
    Rocky Johnson and Tony Atlas

• Registered Users Posts: 36,073 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i had this in mind from just before the Hall of Fame revelations.

I'll do a proper write up later if i get time, as I'm in work and won't be free until later tonight.

a legit worldwide draw, he'll fit seemlessly with my roster.

i'm f*cking delighted, i can't describe it to you to be honest.
    Antonio Inoki

inoki1.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

FWA would like to welcome Kid Kash and Jamie Noble to the Roster

* Extreme Championship Wrestling
    o ECW World Television Championship (1 time)
    * Juggalo Championship Wrestling
    o JCW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    * Powerhouse Wrestling Alliance
    o PWA Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    * Showtime All-Star Wrestling
    o SAW International Championship (2 times, current)
    * Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
    o NWA World Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Dallas
    o TNA X Division Championship (1 time)
    * World Wrestling Council
    o WWC Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    * World Wrestling Entertainment
    o WWE Cruiserweight Championship (1 time)
    * X Wrestling Federation
    o XWF World Cruiserweight Championship (1 time)[21]
    * XtraWrestle Federation
    o XWF World Cruiserweight Championship (1 time)

JamieNoble.png

* Heartland Wrestling Association
    o HWA Cruiserweight Championship (1 time)[2][10]

* Independent Professional Wrestling (Florida)
    o IPW Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[9]

* Pro Wrestling Illustrated
    o PWI ranked him #42 of the top 500 singles wrestlers of the year in the PWI 500 in 2002[43]

* Ring of Honor
    o ROH World Championship (1 time)[8]

o WWE Cruiserweight Championship (1 time)
    Current Roster:

1. Chris Jericho
    2. CM Punk
    3. Sarita
    4. Taylor Wilde
    5. MVP
    6. Matt Hardy
    7. Drew Mc Intyre
    8. Rhyno
    9. Umaga
    10.Kid Kash
    11.Jamie Noble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

SWF welcomes to its roster

...Superstar Billy Graham...

"I'm the man of the hour, the man with the power, too sweet to be sour. The women's pet, the men's regret. What you see is what you get. And what you don't see is better yet."

457516.jpg

SWF Roster

1. Randy Orton
    2. Jake "The Snake" Roberts
    3. Kofi Kingston
    4. "Flyin" Brian Pillman
    5. Vader
    6. Ron Simmons
    7. Carlito & Primo
    8. "Superstar" Billy Graham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

On behalf of Campo

"The Russian Bear" Ivan Koloff
    ivan_koloff2.jpg
    • Other Titles
      • ACW Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Vladimir Kozlov
      • CREW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
      • Great Lakes Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
      • IWA Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with "Mad Dog" Maurice Vachon
      • IWA (Montreal) International Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
      • VWA Heavyweight Championship (1 time
    And his tag team partner...

Nikolai Volkoff

Championship Wrestling from Florida Georgia Championship Wrestling Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling Mid-South Wrestling NWA Detroit Pro Wrestling Illustrated
    • PWI ranked him # 136 of the 500 best singles wrestlers during the "PWI Years" in 2003.
    • PWI ranked him # 96 of the 100 best tag teams of the "PWI Years" with the Iron Sheik in 2003.
    World Wide Wrestling Federation/World Wrestling Federation/World Wrestling Entertainment World Wrestling Association Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards

Toshiaki Kawada
    423960-tk3_large.jpg
    • Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
      • 5 Star Match (1990) with Mitsuharu Misawa and Kenta Kobashi vs. Jumbo Tsuruta, Akira Taue and Masanobu Fuchi on October 19
      • 5 Star Match (1991) with Mitsuharu Misawa and Kenta Kobashi vs. Jumbo Tsuruta, Akira Taue, and Masanobu Fuchi on April 20
      • 5 Star Match (1992) with Mitsuharu Misawa and Kenta Kobashi vs. Jumbo Tsuruta, Akira Taue and Masanobu Fuchi on May 22
      • 5 Star Match (1993) vs. Kenta Kobashi on April 13
      • 5 Star Match (1993) with Akira Taue and Yoshinari Ogawa vs. Mitsuharu Misawa, Kenta Kobashi, and Jun Akiyama on July 2
      • 5 Star Match (1993) with Akira Taue vs. Kenta Kobashi and Mitsuharu Misawa on December 3
      • 5 Star Match (1994) with Masanobu Fuchi and Akira Taue vs. Mitsuharu Misawa, Kenta Kobashi, and Giant Baba on February 13
      • 5 Star Match (1994) with Akira Taue vs. Kenta Kobashi and Mitsuharu Misawa on May 21
      • 5 Star Match (1994) vs. Mitsuharu Misawa on June 3
      • 5 Star Match (1995) vs. Kenta Kobashi on January 19
      • 5 Star Match (1995) with Akira Taue vs. Kenta Kobashi and Mitsuharu Misawa on January 24
      • 5 Star Match (1995) with Akira Taue vs. Kenta Kobashi and Mitsuharu Misawa on June 9
      • 5 Star Match (1995) with Akira Taue and Tamon Honda vs. Mitsuharu Misawa, Kenta Kobashi, and Satoru Asako on June 30
      • 5 Star Match (1996) with Akira Taue vs. Jun Akiyama and Mitsuharu Misawa on May 23
      • 5 Star Match (1996) with Akira Taue vs. Jun Akiyama and Mitsuharu Misawa on December 6
      • 5 Star Match (1997) vs. Mitsuharu Misawa on June 6
      • 5 Star Match (1997) with Akira Taue vs. Mitsuharu Misawa and Jun Akiyama on December 5
      • Tag Team of the Year (1991) with Mitsuharu Misawa
      • Wrestler of the Year (1994)
      • Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 1997)

Akira Taue

20090506188.jpg

All Japan Pro Wrestling Pro Wrestling Noah Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
    • 5 Star Match (1990) with Jumbo Tsuruta and Masanobu Fuchi vs. Mitsuharu Misawa, Toshiaki Kawada and Kenta Kobashi on October 19
    • 5 Star Match (1991) with Jumbo Tsuruta and Masanobu Fuchi vs. Mitsuharu Misawa, Toshiaki Kawada and Kenta Kobashi on April 20
    • 5 Star Match (1992) with Jumbo Tsuruta and Masanobu Fuchi vs. Mitsuharu Misawa, Toshiaki Kawada and Kenta Kobashi on May 22
    • 5 Star Match (1993) with Toshiaki Kawada and Yoshinari Ogawa vs. Mitsuharu Misawa, Kenta Kobashi and Jun Akiyama on July 2
    • 5 Star Match (1993) with Toshiaki Kawada vs. Mitsuharu Misawa and Kenta Kobashi on December 3
    • 5 Star Match (1994) with Toshiaki Kawada and Masanobu Fuchi vs. Mitsuharu Misawa, Kenta Kobashi & Giant Baba on February 13
    • 5 Star Match (1994) with Toshiaki Kawada vs. Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi on May 21
    • 5 Star Match (1995) with Toshiaki Kawada vs. Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi on January 24
    • 5 Star Match (1995) vs. Mitsuharu Misawa on April 15
    • 5 Star Match (1995) with Toshiaki Kawada vs. Mitsuharu Misawa and Kenta Kobashi on June 9
    • 5 Star Match (1995) with Tamon Honda and Toshiaki Kawada vs. Mitsuharu Misawa, Kenta Kobashi and Satoru Asako on June 30
    • 5 Star Match (1996) with Toshiaki Kawada vs. Mitsuharu Misawa & Jun Akiyama on May 23
    • 5 Star Match (1996) with Toshiaki Kawada vs. Mitsuharu Misawa & Jun Akiyama on December 6
    • 5 Star Match (1997) with Toshiaki Kawada vs. Mitsuharu Misawa & Jun Akiyama on December 5

Walter Sobchak Wrestling Federation Roster... So Far

1: Bryan Danielson
    2: Sabu
    3: Taz
    4: Jerry Lynn
    5: Jushin Liger
    6: Robert Gibson
    7: Ricky Morton
    8: Perry Saturn
    9: John Kronus
    10:Último Dragón
    11:Toshiaki Kawada
    12:Akira Taue

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

2ecg07n.jpg

This man is fantastic and I'm shocked he's made it down this far. He'll work great at the higher end of my midcard.I plan on using some of his lifestyle choices :p openly in a storyline and I'm confident now that my Main event is shaping up quite nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

OK Round 8 is almost at an end and the rosters are starting to take shape very nicely. As I write this glenjamin and dojojoe still have to pick to finish off this round before the next one commences. Below is the draw for Round 9 which is a regular round in the game.

Round 9 Draw

1. Cactus Col
    2. Dare 2 Defy
    3. Jaykhunter
    4. flahavaj
    5. waltersobchak
    6. Gerard.C
    7. Furious Red
    8. Bounty Hunter
    9. glenjamin
    10. Voltwad
    11. dojojoe
    12. Bubs101
    13. Spongey1975
    14. JP Liz
    15. Jolt2007
    16. SlickRic
    17. Pingu Girl
    18. Mr Nice Guy
    19. Vince135792003
    20. campo

So to clarify dojojoe will finish off Round 8 for us and then Col will kick off proceedings in Round 9.

Good luck to all and happy pickings. :cool:

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

T&A

Test and Albert

WWE_TEST.jpg

goodsport.jpg

WOOF Roster:
    Jeff Hardy
    Kane
    Bobby Lashley
    Owen Hart
    Ken Shamrock
    Big Bossman
    The Natural Disasters (Earthquake & Typhoon)
    Yokozuna
    T&A (Test & Prince Albert)

Introducing my Pre-1970 picks...

The Man of a Thousand masks.
    Mil Máscaras
    mi%2Blmascaras-mexico.jpg

and
    El Tanque
    Alfonso Dantés
    dantes.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

I have several greatest of all times on my roster all ready, including the greatest brawler of all time (brody), the greatest tag team of all time (midnight express) and the greatest wrestler of all time (Flair) ... so I thought what better way than to add to my roster the greatest female wrestler of all time.

One ...
    Manami Toyota

All Japan Women's Pro-Wrestling
    AJW Championship (1 time)
    All Pacific Championship (2 times)
    IWA World Women's Championship (1 time)
    WWWA World Heavyweight Championship (4 times)
    WWWA World Tag Team Championship (3 times) - with Toshiyo Yamada (2), and Mima Shimoda (1)
    Japan Grand Prix (1990, 1995, 1998, 1999)
    GAEA Japan
    AAAW Singles Championship (1 time)
    AAAW Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Carlos Amano
    JWP Project
    JWP Open-weight Division Champion (1 time)
    JWP Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Kaoru Ito
    Universal Wrestling Association
    UWA World Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Toshiyo Yamada
    5 Star Match (1992) vs. Toshiyo Yamada on August 15
    5 Star Match (1992) with Toshiyo Yamada vs. Dynamite Kansai & Mayumi Ozaki on November 26
    5 Star Match (1993) with Toshiyo Yamada vs. Dynamite Kansai & Mayumi Ozaki on April 11
    5 Star Match (1993) with Toshiyo Yamada vs. Dynamite Kansai & Mayumi Ozaki on December 6
    5 Star Match (1994) vs. Kyoko Inoue on August 24
    5 Star Match (1994) vs. Aja Kong on November 20
    5 Star Match (1995) vs. Kyoko Inoue on May 7
    5 Star Match (1995) with Sakie Hasegawa vs. Kyoko Inoue & Takako Inoue on August 30
    5 Star Match (1995) vs. Akira Hokuto on September 2
    Match of the Year (1993) with Toshiyo Yamada vs. Dynamite Kansai and Mayumi Ozaki
    Match of the Year (1995) vs. Kyoko Inoue on May 7, Tokyo, Japan
    Most Outstanding Wrestler (1995)
    Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 2002)

and her partner

Toshiy Yamada

All Japan Women's Pro-Wrestling
    AJW Junior Championship (1 time)
    AJW Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Etsuko Mita
    WWWA World Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Manami Toyota
    5 Star Match (1992) vs. Manami Toyota on August 15
    5 Star Match (1993) with Manami Toyota vs. Dynamite Kansai and Mayumi Ozaki on April 11, Dream Slam II, Osaka
    5 Star Match (1993) with Manami Toyota vs. Dynamite Kansai and Mayumi Ozaki on December 6
    Match of the Year (1993) with Manami Toyota vs. Dynamite Kansai and Mayumi Ozaki on April 11, Dream Slam II, Osaka

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Please welcome the 13th and 14th members of the D.W.O Revolt roster

Trish Stratus and Lita

lita_and_trish.jpg

I'm very pleased to get the 2 most talented women wrestlers in recent WWE history on to the D.W.O Revolt roster. Trish and Lita might have had their differences but they were a great tag-team in late 2003/early 2004. I'm pleased to add Trish and Lita onto the D.W.O Revolt roster

Trish:

- Fighting Spirit magazine
    Double X Award (2006)
    Three Degrees Award (2006)

-Pro Wrestling Illustrated
    PWI Woman of the Year (2002, 2003, 2005, 2006)

- World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment
    WWE Hardcore Championship (1 time)
    WWF/E Women's Championship (7 times)
    Babe of the Year (2001–2003)
    Diva of the Decade (2003)

Lita:

- American Chronicle
    Female of the Year (2006)

- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
    Feud of the Year with Edge vs. Matt Hardy
    Woman of the Year (2001)

- Pro Wrestling Report
    Diva of the Year (2006)

- World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment
    WWF/E Women's Championship (4 times)

Trish_and_Lita_by_ObsessiveCenaGirl.jpg

D.W.O Revolt Roster:

1. The Undertaker
    2. Eddie Guerrero
    3. Evan Bourne
    4 and 5. Beer Money, Inc. (James Storm and Robert Roode)
    6 and 7. L.A.X (Homicide and Hernandez)
    8 and 9. The Hart Dynasty (Tyson Kidd and David Hart Smith)
    10 and 11. Lethal Consequences (Jay Lethal and Consequences Creed)
    12. Ron "R-Truth" Killings
    13 and 14. Trish Stratus and Lita

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

My next pick is a person who's known all across North America, but who's talents have only been really showcased for a brief period in recent years. She is Canadian ex-model. Technically she's done it all - being TNA's KO Champion and WWE Women's Champion. After being a valet for wrestlers like Jarrett, AMW and EY, she achieved great success in TNA, as it's inaugural KnockOut Champion; and the division was built around her. WWE acquired her by tripling her pay, and now languishes in the WWE RAW Division. Today, wBw are proud to bring her talents back to the forefront of wrestling's vision - Gail Kim!

It's very rare to be an excellent women's wrestler, and smoking hot to boot! Combine those, and the ability to get that super babyface pop, you've got arguably the best all-round women's wrestler of all time.

GAIL KIM

GailKim_wrestling-vi.jpg

wBw also drafts her tag team partner from at least February-May in 2008; another talented women's wrestler, with a great outspoken attitude and unique look :

ODB

399688291a12029483328l.jpg

wBw Roster :
    Kurt Angle
    MotorCity Machine Guns
    KENTA
    The Miz & John Morrison
    Senshi
    The Brian Kendrick
    Hiroshi Tanahashi
    Raven
    BxB Hulk
    Shingo Takagi
    Gail Kim
    ODB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Time for me to diversify my roster with what I believe to be a great value double selsction.

Firstly a guy who furst came to fame with his insane brawls and ability to take any kind of punishment. Anyone who thinks that hes just a hardcore guy these days is sorely mistaken though. In the last two years that he has had something of a renaiisance. He has gotten himself an unbelievably chiselled physique and ditched his old hardcore style to become easily the most imnproved wrestler in Japanese pro wrestling. he is undisputable ythe ace of Zero-1 Japan wrestling and has had savage matches with loads of different well known names in the company's feud with New Japan. Ladiers and gentlemen I give you Masato Tanaka.

Check out his new physique below! Hes a new man!

2007-10-26-01.jpg

Great little match agbove that showcases his new look and wrestling style.

By virtue of their two tag team title reigns in FMW Japan I'm taking high flying legend Hayabusa as his partner. Hayabusa is one of those guys who would e talked about in the same vein as the likes of Sabu if a horrible injury hadn't curtailed his career. Indeed it was Hayabusa that inspired Sabu's entire persona. He was a spectacular high fllyer who had absolutely no fear whatsoever, or regard for his own safety. He'll add great diversity to my roster and I'll enjoy booking him in a fast paced opener.

0dBPziCE11E3lmG.jpg

Above is the match that first made me fall in love with Hayabisa's work. Back in the mid-90's teh stuff he was doind was unheard of, even today its unreal. Everyone needs to watch this match.

Delighted to get two such fantastic workers in one pick, they give me an international flavour to my roster and open up a tonne of possibilities with regard opponents etc.

Might as well pick one of the greatest Heels in Professional Wrestling..

eric_bischoff.jpgeric-bischoff.jpg

Walter Sobchak Wrestling Federation Roster... So Far

1: Bryan Danielson
    2: Sabu
    3: Taz
    4: Jerry Lynn
    5: Jushin Liger
    6: Robert Gibson
    7: Ricky Morton
    8: Perry Saturn
    9: John Kronus
    10:Último Dragón
    11:Toshiaki Kawada
    12:Akira Taue
    13:Eric Bischoff

My next pick is a former WWF European and Hardcore Champion. He is one of the most exciting wrestlers in WWE/F history when called upon. He has rightfully earned a reputation for being one of the most fearless risktakers in WWE History, and the images of his breaktaking feats will be in our minds forever. In 1999, he was voted rookie of the year by PWI. He is a man capable of anything, and we'll see what kind of mayhem he gets upto in my roster. Failte mor go dti....

Shane McMahon

Shane_medium.jpg

Gers roster so far:
    1 - Shawn Michaels
    2 - Christian
    3 - Sheamus
    4 - Takeshi Morishima and Kensuke Sasaki
    5 - Roderick Strong and Austin Aries
    6 - Paul Heyman
    7 - Bam Bam Bigelow
    8 - Bruno Sammartino
    9 - Shane McMahon

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

FWA would like to welcome One of the top Womens Wrestlers around.

james5_280x390_553170a.jpg

* CyberSpace Wrestling Federation
    o CSWF Women's Championship (1 time)[3]
    * Delaware Championship Wrestling
    o DCW Women's Championship (1 time)[3]
    * Impact Championship Wrestling
    o ICW Super Juniors Championship (1 time)[100]
    * Premier Wrestling Federation
    o PWF Universal Women's Championship (1 time)[3]
    * Pro Wrestling Illustrated
    o PWI ranked her # 1 of the best 50 female singles wrestlers in the PWI Female 50 in 2009[101]`
    o PWI Woman of the Year (2009)
    * Southern Championship Wrestling
    o SCW Diva Championship (1 time)[3]
    * Ultimate Championship Wrestling
    o UCW Women's Championship (1 time)[3]
    * Ultimate Wrestling Federation
    o UWF Women's Championship (2 times)[3]
    o WWE Women's Championship (5 times) [13]
    o WWE Divas Championship (1 time)

Current Roster:

1. Chris Jericho
    2. CM Punk
    3. Sarita
    4. Taylor Wilde
    5. MVP
    6. Matt Hardy
    7. Drew Mc Intyre
    8. Rhyno
    9. Umaga
    10.Kid Kash
    11.Jamie Noble
    12.Mickie James

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

im too lazy (drunk) to find a pick of my next draft so instead here is them with their other family members including Kerry who ive already drafted... i give you the tag team of Kevin & David Von Erich
    display_image.jpg

Current BWE Roster
    1. Hulk Hogan
    2. Mitsuharu Misawa
    3. Kenta Kobashi
    4. Nigel McGuinness
    5. Kerry Von Erich
    6. The Big Show
    7. Big John Studd
    8. King Kong Bundy
    9. Awesome Kong
    10. Aja Kong
    11. Rowdy Roddy Pipper
    12. Paul Orndorff
    13. Kevin Von Erich
    14. David Von Erich

*Hic*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Droz

droz.jpg

WOOF Roster:
    Jeff Hardy
    Kane
    Bobby Lashley
    Owen Hart
    Ken Shamrock
    Big Boss Man
    Earthquake
    Typhoon
    Yokozuna
    Test
    Prince Albert
    Droz

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

The first female addition the HVW is the 9th Wonder of the World. The one and only. . .

260wzv8.jpg

I'm surprised that with all the divas been taken she has made it this far. Unlike a lot of other divas she fits really well into all storylines at all levels of the card and I would consider this a coup.

To complete my Edgehead stable.
    Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder
    gmn6nn6y.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

(inhale)
    Goldust
    (exhale)
    goldust.jpg

Easily the most talented of Dusty's offspring,Goldust is one of the most interesting characters in wrestling, not just his gimmick but also the man himself. Capable of such great work like the stuff he was doing in ECW but such utter crap like the stuff that preceded it in TNA it's his fun loving jokey character that gets all the attention. The Booker T stuff, the Stuttering with Triple H etc. and while all that is great Goldusts' original character was so much better. A really creepy character that played on all the homophobic problems of american wrestling fans and was such a great contrast to the traditional macho wrestlers. He also has one of the greatest entrances in wrestling and his finisher is a kick in the balls that disqualifies him. Genius

Maybe the best way to gauge his popularity is the Cyber Sunday result against two bonafide legends in Piper and Honky Tonk where in an angle made for Honky Tonk man Goldust earned 31% of the vote losing by only 4 despite never reaching anywhere near the success of the other two.

Of comedy goldust this is my favourite of a bunch of great ones.

Flair and Hunter are in stitches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

SWF welcomes .......
    Bull Buchanan & The Goodfather

SWF Roster

1. Randy Orton
    2. Jake "The Snake" Roberts
    3. Kofi Kingston
    4. "Flyin" Brian Pillman
    5. Vader
    6. Ron Simmons