Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mircowave

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Microwave in my postgrad place in lloyd...just go in door...walk straight left, past the lifts, straight through the door and theres a kitchen there. cy@ there :p

I'll have to wear my 'special' glasses. :cool:

I might just check it out. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gaybitch

Fo Real wrote: »
    I refuse to engage in a debate with someone with a username as vulgar as "gaybitch". I know your kind already: A militant lesbian who stomps around with a chip on their shoulder, looking to be offended by the slightest thing to start an argument. You blindly lend your support to whatever "cause" is in fashion this week, be it rights for Muslim terrorists, rights for homosexuals or killing animals for fur. You are probably that sad little person who stands ouside the Trinity gates on their own, protesting about the college's policy of using animals for lab experiments, as if anyne cares. I'm embarassed for you.

Ah, respond to an accusation of discrimination and generalisation with... oh, what's that? Homophobia and stereotyping? Bit of anti-semitism thrown in later on for good measure? Cool, cool. Keep up the stellar work.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Fo Real and gaybitch: less of the bitching.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gaybitch

Yeah, fair enough. The only reason I started is that particular poster's constant blanket bigotry - it was off-topic when I got here.

Anyway, the chaplaincy is the best place for using a microwave, and there are always nice people there. Don't worry about hassle re religion: it doesn't happen.

There is also one in the Arts Block cafe, but it is for food purchased there only. However, if you're buying a cup of tea and ask someone working there nicely enough at a quiet time, they may let you use it for your own stuff. Overall though, unless you're involved in a soc with a microwave, make use of the chaplaincy, which you're encouraged to do anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

yeah but I'm at my suggestion. :p

I'd say buy tea and leave it in a press there if it's what ya into

• Advertisement

yeah but I'm at my suggestion. :p

I'd say buy tea and leave it in a press there if it's what ya into

Yep, I'll bring a bit of Lyons tea with me.

What's the Lloyd building? Computer type stuff? I'll have to act all computery, yes? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Neuroscience, too. We're not that nerdy, I promise....we just like braaaaaaains! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

I witnessed the manager of the Hamilton Cafe unwrapping a shiny new microwave on friday and bringing it upstairs.
    Could probably use that one on the sly.

jokettle wrote: »
    Neuroscience, too. We're not that nerdy, I promise....we just like braaaaaaains! :pac:

Hopefully not in mircowaves.
    I witnessed the manager of the Hamilton Cafe unwrapping a shiny new microwave on friday and bringing it upstairs.
    Could probably use that one on the sly.

Where is it upstairs? I didn't see one. Maybe it was a staff one?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Larianne wrote: »
    Yep, I'll bring a bit of Lyons tea with me.

What's the Lloyd building? Computer type stuff? I'll have to act all computery, yes? :)

Well I have computery stuff there...yep! Dunno what all thse girls do in there...I think they get lost and end up in there.

If somebody asks you a question you can say...'so...see the new...computer device?' and no doubt they will start ranting on the lastest thing 'cool' thing they saw and you will get off scott free. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Where is it upstairs? I didn't see one. Maybe it was a staff one?

I didnt see where he went with it. Just seen him going up the stairs.
    Is there a staff room upstairs? I didnt know about that.

Or I can just say "Tar sent me". That should work, no? :)

Or I can just say "Tar sent me". That should work, no? :)

Works in most shops/public buildings etc.

I didnt see where he went with it. Just seen him going up the stairs.
    Is there a staff room upstairs? I didnt know about that.

I'll have a look out for it Monday but I can't see them having one upstairs.
    Works in most shops/public buildings etc.

Cool. I shall try that out next time I'm in a shop.

Jaysus, this is gonna be some mission to find and use a microwave! Lunchtime will be over.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Also one in the Mech. Engineering building.

That's behind the pav a bit to the right, up the long steps.

The microwave is on the first floor as you pass up the turning stairs, turn right at the top and go down the corridor to the couch area. Also a kettle too!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cantankerous

Fo Real wrote: »
    On another note, does anybody know if JewSoc has any events planned within the next decade?

As someone who once infiltrated that particular society I can tell you they are very wary about sharing information with gentiles. Despite my claims of having recently converted, they never mentioned anything about their initiation ceremonies nor did they share with me the identity of their hallowed treasurer.

Then after weeks of painstaking work my identity was accidentally compromised when a ham sandwich fell out of my bag :mad:.

Advertisement