Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mircowave

Options
  • 19-01-2010 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭

Come on, there must be a microwave somewhere about the place? Is the one in the chaplaincy the only one about? Do they talk God to you if you go in?

Also... what's the story with re-registering? I keep hearing things about this yet I never got an email about it.

Also #2...the librarians in the John Sterne Library are fab. Other Libraries should really take a leaf out of their book(s). :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

#1 there's a microwave in the CSC room in house 6. Go in and pretend you're from the Muslim soc. Nobody will ask any questions.

#2 Even if you didn't get an email, register in the Public theatre before Friday (You'll see a line outside). You just need your student card I think.

#3 Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

What's the CSC room?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Larianne wrote: »
    What's the CSC room?

Central Societies Committee?

CSC = Central Societies Committee. It's the governing body of all the societies in college. They have their office upstairs in house 6 with phones, computers and stuff that we paid for. It closes at 5pm though. I'm not their biggest fan due to the fact that its every hack's ultimate goal to make it onto the CSC and because they allow pointless racist societies like Afro-Carribean and Muslim soc to exist. But that's another story.

The most important point however is that they have a microwave.

Hmmm.... I might 'get lost' one day.

Also, what's a hack?

(learning loads today. :) )

• Advertisement

We should really make a boards wiki for all these questions.

Hacks are those people who half-heartedly involve themselves in a bunch of extra-curricular activities in college (mainly the Students Union or committee posistions on societies) solely to build up their CV (as if their employer gives a fcuk that they ran an "alternative" music soc for social rejects) or for (deluded) glory. Not all committee people are hacks but a considerable amount are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mediocrity

Joke: How do you get 30 SU candidates into a microwave?

Mediocrity wrote: »
    Joke: How do you get 30 SU candidates into a microwave?

Hmm...Mediocrity has just been banned. I guess we'll never hear the punchline for that joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Fo Real wrote: »
    We should really make a boards wiki for all these questions.
    FYP. (I can't tell whether you're trying to be sarcastic or not.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I believe I saw a microwave in the Physiology building somewhere last semester...

• Advertisement

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I believe I saw a microwave in the Physiology building somewhere last semester...

I try not go into that building unless absolutely necessary! I think I know where it is though. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Any postgrad common room should have one, usually found beside the vending machines.

We don't need to be healthy, just live long enough to get yet another degree. Whee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gaybitch

every hack's ultimate goal to make it onto the CSC and because they allow pointless racist societies like Afro-Carribean and Muslim soc to exist. But that's another story.

"Racist"? Is the Christian Union racist? I'd wager you would never make that claim, so what could possibly make the Muslim soc "racist"? What societies do you see as having a point, if not the two mentioned above? What in the world is wrong with you? This is the second blithely offensive, stupid comment with connotations of bigotry I've seen you make on this forum. I called you up on the last one with no reply, but that isn't going to stop me asking you yet again: are you serious? And if so: what are you on about?

EDIT: Sorry to come off so angry, but your comments genuinely do offend me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

gaybitch wrote: »

LOL @ your username and you trying to be offended.

gaybitch wrote: »
    "Racist"? Is the Christian Union racist? I'd wager you would never make that claim, so what could possibly make the Muslim soc "racist"? What societies do you see as having a point, if not the two mentioned above? What in the world is wrong with you? This is the second blithely offensive, stupid comment with connotations of bigotry I've seen you make on this forum. I called you up on the last one with no reply, but that isn't going to stop me asking you yet again: are you serious? And if so: what are you on about?

I refuse to engage in a debate with someone with a username as vulgar as "gaybitch". I know your kind already: A militant lesbian who stomps around with a chip on their shoulder, looking to be offended by the slightest thing to start an argument. You blindly lend your support to whatever "cause" is in fashion this week, be it rights for Muslim terrorists, rights for homosexuals or killing animals for fur. You are probably that sad little person who stands ouside the Trinity gates on their own, protesting about the college's policy of using animals for lab experiments, as if anyne cares. I'm embarassed for you.

I have now placed you on my ignore list. You are the first and only person on it by the way. Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

I refuse to engage in a debate with someone with a username as vulgar as "gaybitch". I know your kind already: A militant lesbian who stomps around with a chip on their shoulder, looking to be offended by the slightest thing to start an argument. You blindly lend your support to whatever "cause" is in fashion this week, be it rights for Muslim terrorists, rights for homosexuals or killing animals for fur. You are probably that sad little person who stands ouside the Trinity gates on their own, protesting about the college's policy of using animals for lab experiments, as if anyne cares. I'm embarassed for you.

You got all that from the name "gaybitch"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Hacks are those people who half-heartedly involve themselves in a bunch of extra-curricular activities in college (mainly the Students Union or committee posistions on societies) solely to build up their CV (as if their employer gives a fcuk that they ran an "alternative" music soc for social rejects) or for (deluded) glory. Not all committee people are hacks but a considerable amount are.

I was gonna thank your post untill you mentioned DUAMS (formerly DURNS). I'm on the committe and can tell you that we're probably the least hacky of all the societies (If you want to know why i'm an active member it's because as someone who's main interest is songwriting, it's great for meeting other musicians to jam with, and I also think we're helping by putting on gigs for trinity bands (especially new ones)- although i think we don't do this enough, which will hopefully change now that we have a PA).

As for why you'd think we're full of hacks, colsed minded as it is, i know that the impression a lot of people get from the word alternative isn't a good one (I'm no fan of it either), which is why i voted against the name change at the last agm.

If you want to find hacks, the phil and the hist are probably the first place to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Lots of microwaves in the physics department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Tarka

Easy on the Phil/Hist, VM, no need to criticize other societies as a way of defending our own.
    (as if their employer gives a fcuk that they ran an "alternative" music soc for social rejects) or for (deluded) glory.

sigh
    Did we do something to bother you? Talk to me here, I'd hate to think that we'd done something to annoy anyone.
    Internet aside, we're having a table quiz for Haiti on Wednesday, a meeting on Thursday and a listening party/hopefully a t-shirt making thing with LGBT on Friday. Drop by an event and tell us what we can do to not be a hacky society, rather than just taking little pot-shots on Boards.
    It bothers me, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

...so, didje get that microwave afterall then?

• Advertisement

Jammyc wrote: »
    ...so, didje get that microwave afterall then?

I'm looking at my options and weighing up which one I'd least like be questioned about using/caught using..

I have no idea where the Physics department is, Lloyd Building ?

Oh yeah, there's a microwave you can use in the restauranty place by the cash machines down by the Hamilton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

I'm looking at my options and weighing up which one I'd least like be questioned about using/caught using..

Think its the SNIAMS or the Physics building? Either way is near enough Physiology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I have now placed you on my ignore list. You are the first and only person on it by the way. Congrats.

Handy way to dodge the argument, pick up on her username. Are you fo' real like?

@ Tarka: Well done for organising a table quiz for charity. It's nice to know some societies are raising money rather than just squandering CSC grants on booze. I respect your and Vinylmesh's opinions, and so I take your word that DUAMS is not a hackfest. And Vinylmesh is correct in thinking the phrase "alternative music" is a bit silly. It doesn't make sense, does it? Best of luck organising gigs in the future. You seems to be an active society.

On another note, does anybody know if JewSoc has any events planned within the next decade?

Tarka wrote: »
    Oh yeah, there's a microwave you can use in the restauranty place by the cash machines down by the Hamilton.

It's not there any more. Health & Safety reasons we were told. Also, they seem to be getting strict about people bringing in their own food into the cafe. Where you meant to eat it so? In the freezing corridor in the Hamilton? :eek:
    Jammyc wrote: »
    Think its the SNIAMS or the Physics building? Either way is near enough Physiology.

I'll get me map out! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

There's one in the middle of a lab in the Biochem/Immunology building.

It's in the middle of a lab though :/

@ Tarka: Well done for organising a table quiz for charity. It's nice to know some societies are raising money rather than just squandering CSC grants on booze. I respect your and Vinylmesh's opinions, and so I take your word that DUAMS is not a hackfest. And Vinylmesh is correct in thinking the phrase "alternative music" is a bit silly. It doesn't make sense, does it? Best of luck organising gigs in the future. You seems to be an active society.

Thanks FR, appreciated

A Neurotic wrote: »
    There's one in the middle of a lab in the Biochem/Immunology building.

It's in the middle of a lab though :/

Yeah, I kinda want it for heating my lunch! I think I might just check out the chaplaincy. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Microwave in my postgrad place in lloyd...just go in door...walk straight left, past the lifts, straight through the door and theres a kitchen there. cy@ there :p

Advertisement