Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sob1467

Scheduled for Sunday at 4pm after Cork Kildare match at 2pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭overshoot

sob1467 wrote: »
    Scheduled for Sunday at 4pm after Cork Kildare match at 2pm.
    all i say is bugger had hoped for saturday... why the hell is the draw so late, impossible to organise time off, had to miss the quarter last year too... think a sneaky laptop stream in a staff area is in order

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

overshoot wrote: »
    all i say is bugger had hoped for saturday... why the hell is the draw so late, impossible to organise time off, had to miss the quarter last year too... think a sneaky laptop stream in a staff area is in order

Don't be jealous of those watching it at home. They have to watch it on tv3!

Neeson wrote: »
    Don't be jealous of those watching it at home. They have to watch it on tv3!
    true on the upside i was thinking all il be able to do is check the score... wont have to listen to emtongue.gif

looking at the top scorers so far
    Brian Farrell, Meath 0-37 (37)
    Ian Ryan, Limerick 1-30 (33)
    Sean McCormack, Longford 0-33 (33)
    Colm Cooper, Kerry 1-21 (24)
    Emyln Mulligan, Leitrim 0-24 (24)
    Colm McFadden, Donegal 2-17 (23)
    Adrian Marren, Sligo 2-17 (23)

bernard brogan is marked as 3-7 from play... so with only cooper and mcfadden still in the championship from that list, putting something on both to be a top scorer could be tempting... or on farrell to hold on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

I only realised that Farrell was leading the pack. All his scores v Laois were frees. It would appear a pretty big gap for colm to claw back. If we get through Sunday he has another game to get a few scores;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Hopefully we get a good crowd travelling on Sunday. This game could well be bigger than the Semi-Final last year for this team.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

Indeed it is. Don't forget this is the same Kerry team that let a good lead slip to the dubs last year when they were cruising to an all Ireland. I hope though (:o) that the Kerry men will have expended all their mental and physical energy in beating Tyrone. Never seen a team as pumped for a game. Must get the ham sliced up for the saaangwidches!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

F*ckin ref

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Well done to the lads and the ref is still an asshole.

The powers that be need to take a long look at the balls of flubber that are masquerading as top class match officials

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Well done Donegal. A super performance!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Well done lads, great result. Made us sweat a bit there at the end.

Maybe now they will take Donegal seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Referee was useless and the crowd let him know about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Proud to be a Donegal man tonight, with my Donegal "Magee Tailored" jersey still on...And fair dues to the support today, even when we were getting rattled near the end, they were trying to lift the team with the "Donegal" chants..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

anyone got a link to where you can watch the highlights?

anyone got a link to where you can watch the highlights?
    cant be far off the rte player at this stage
    shiibata wrote: »
    Proud to be a Donegal man tonight, with my Donegal "Magee Tailored" jersey still on...And fair dues to the support today, even when we were getting rattled near the end, they were trying to lift the team with the "Donegal" chants..
    indeed savage noise, glad i made it:D had some kerry lads say they will be quiet after a few minutes only heard their fans to the same extent once:p.

still think we are capable of more though, didnt attack in the same numbers as earlier rounds, great to see us withhold the onslaught at the end but for the love of god can someone start picking out thompsons runs! he gets in great positions and could have a lot more scores to his name. now for some sleep, whatever iv got on the bus is it since friday! may do a better summary when im fit

Brilliant. A tense last 5 minutes, but it was never going to be easy. Sure we got some breaks, but we've earned some luck at this stage. Will be a big test next time out, but I can't see us conceding 1-27 this time around. Hopefully not another day like 2006 either, which was pretty heartbreaking as well.

Anyone know if there's a limit to the number of tickets you can buy in Super Valu? I see on Tickets.ie you can buy up to 8.

Anyone else think that Donegal slipped back into a too defensive mode when they could have went for the kill?

I hope this isn't in their tactics, this time I will give Kerry some credit and say they launched a strong comeback that thankfulyl came up short.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

NIMAN wrote: »
    Anyone else think that Donegal slipped back into a too defensive mode when they could have went for the kill?

I hope this isn't in their tactics, this time I will give Kerry some credit and say they launched a strong comeback that thankfulyl came up short.

I thought that myself and I'm sure they'll learn from it. Probably thought they'd done enough with 6 points up and Kerry genuinely looked stunned, the goal gave them a new lease of life. That's grand against Down or Cavan but at this level 6 points isn't that big a lead.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

club championships postponed again... thought they could have played it with 3 weeks... going to be one hell of a backlog if we beat cork!

mcfadden now in a great place to be top scorer in the championship, 5 of farrell and nobody (still playing) within 10pts. still the slight matter of cork in the way but the man is on fire this year!
    Overall football top scorers
    Colm McFadden, Donegal 3-23 (32)
    Colm Cooper, Kerry 1-25 (28)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

club championships postponed again... thought they could have played it with 3 weeks... going to be one hell of a backlog if we beat cork!

mcfadden now in a great place to be top scorer in the championship, 5 of farrell and nobody (still playing) within 10pts. still the slight matter of cork in the way but the man is on fire this year!
    Overall football top scorers
    Colm McFadden, Donegal 3-23 (32)
    Colm Cooper, Kerry 1-25 (28)

Looks unlikely that it will be finished off in time for the Ulster Club Championhip, what happens then, do the county board nominate a club, do Glenswilly represent us again as they are defending champions or do we not enter and the opposition get a bye into the next round.

Re. the Ulster Championship, apparently no nominations, only Champions may play.

Again, Mayo are playing quarter-finals this weekend and they've already lost their best player. Life has to go on.

Mark McHugh was on Twitter earlier saying that it was the right decision to postpone so seems it's something at least some of the players want.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Quality song!

Anyway, I'm heading to the semi v Cork and haven't been to Croke Park in a few years now. The last time I went I somehow managed to get parked in a side street of the Drumcondra Road. Has anyone any suggestions for where to park next Sunday? Planning to head up reasonably early if that helps, thanks.

whitworth road (from porterhouse north on the finglas road to dorset st/drumcondra road) is free on a sunday but watch all the roads off it are not... similar story with connaught street behind the phibsboro shopping centre... if your up early you shouldnt have much trouble parking on them and they are good get away spots whether your heading m2 or 3.... but the main point is theyre free;)

lindsey and iona road may be the same as whitworth and they are parallel to it... not sure though (which isnt great considering i lived in the area all year:o)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Quality song!

Anyway, I'm heading to the semi v Cork and haven't been to Croke Park in a few years now. The last time I went I somehow managed to get parked in a side street of the Drumcondra Road. Has anyone any suggestions for where to park next Sunday? Planning to head up reasonably early if that helps, thanks.

Depending on the route you come in but my preference would be park in Drumcondra area. Come in M.50 get onto Lr Drumcondra Rd and take a Right onto Griffith Avenue drive up abt 1 KLM and Turn left follow that Rd around keeping to left and park along the boundary wall of St. Patricks teacher training collage. I usually always park here and its fairly safe. The usual safety rules, dont leave anything on view for thieves and if you are early enough park on straight bit of road. After the match you will be on M.50 in less than 10minutes. Safe trip to all supporters on Sunday

If you are bringing kids you could bring a picnic and park in Clonliffe collage. Its €5 or €10 but you can relax and you are only 100yards from ground. I notice quite a few people up matchs bring flask and food as its expensive if you have kids to be buying burgers or drinks inside the ground. Some have a bite before they go into match and when the game is over as it lets the crowd and heavy traffic get away.

Anyone know where I can pick up one of those green/yellow chequered flags in Inishowen?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

NIMAN wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can pick up one of those green/yellow chequered flags in Inishowen?

Dont know where you will get one in Inishowen but there are loads in Navan:D

Atha Cliáth abu;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

whitworth road (from porterhouse north on the finglas road to dorset st/drumcondra road) is free on a sunday but watch all the roads off it are not... similar story with connaught street behind the phibsboro shopping centre... if your up early you shouldnt have much trouble parking on them and they are good get away spots whether your heading m2 or 3.... but the main point is theyre free;)

lindsey and iona road may be the same as whitworth and they are parallel to it... not sure though (which isnt great considering i lived in the area all year:o)
    LeoB wrote: »
    Depending on the route you come in but my preference would be park in Drumcondra area. Come in M.50 get onto Lr Drumcondra Rd and take a Right onto Griffith Avenue drive up abt 1 KLM and Turn left follow that Rd around keeping to left and park along the boundary wall of St. Patricks teacher training collage. I usually always park here and its fairly safe. The usual safety rules, dont leave anything on view for thieves and if you are early enough park on straight bit of road. After the match you will be on M.50 in less than 10minutes. Safe trip to all supporters on Sunday

If you are bringing kids you could bring a picnic and park in Clonliffe collage. Its €5 or €10 but you can relax and you are only 100yards from ground. I notice quite a few people up matchs bring flask and food as its expensive if you have kids to be buying burgers or drinks inside the ground. Some have a bite before they go into match and when the game is over as it lets the crowd and heavy traffic get away.

Thanks guys, appreciate that.

Advertisement