Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

I'm assuming we're gonna be using bio-BBs on the site. Will you have any available to buy? If not I can order a few bags and supply anyone who might not have them next weekend, that is if you're still going ahead with the bank holiday opening? Will it be an open day type thing to get members signed up or an actual skirmish event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 docinabox

I also need to know if its next weekend. Need to organise stuff really soon if im to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Hey guys, if this is opened next weekend would it be Saturday, Sunday and Monday or each day? Have a wedding on Saturday but def wanna go to this it looks class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMC

Site looks uber sweet man, really looking forward to this!

Hmm...two weeks since Danin's last post and two days until the planned opening. I hope he's not going to surprise us all and wait until the last minute to announce the opening, as I'll have made other plans by tomorrow evening.

A quick "Yes, it's going to be open" or "Sorry lads, another couple of weeks" would be appreciated. Was really looking forward to this too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

Sorry Lads,

Just got back from Dublin yesterday after Sennybridge, and its be mayhem since, hoping to be able to introduce some of you to the site on Saturday as I am hoping to run a half days test gaming and walk through of the site.

We are still waiting for a lot of stuff to be delivered hence the delay in getting back to you all. We will require Bio BBs and I will be able to supply them on Site on Saturday.

So all I can say is watch your PMs ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Hope I'm on the list :D

Nice one Danin, great to hear. Anyone coming from Sligo that could give me a lift? Better yet, if anyone's coming from the Manorhamilton area I'll split the gas money with ya. Damn buses don't start running til after 10 and don't really want to stay in Sligo overnight. lol

invite-for-tigerland.gif

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU WISH TO ATTEND AS WE HAVE LIMITED PLACES FOR THIS INTRODUCTION WEEKEND

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭*DOBBY*

Best of luck with Saturday. Wish I could be there but its Shano's wedding:eek: this weekend down in Kerry....fool that he is ..LOL.
    But will defo get up with a gang of the lads in the next few weeks. Pics look super.
    D.

• Advertisement

*DOBBY* wrote: »
    Best of luck with Saturday. Wish I could be there but its Shano's wedding:eek: this weekend down in Kerry....fool that he is ..LOL.
    But will defo get up with a gang of the lads in the next few weeks. Pics look super.
    D.

Cheers mate have a great time in Kerry and mind the eyebrows they have long memories thoses lads ha ha so no sleep for you.

tell Shano the best of luck and I'll see you all soon.

give me a bell if you are around during next week regrading a walk about.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭*DOBBY*

Eyebrows...;) I'll have to keep an eye open.
    Will do, the site looks great.

Hi Lads,

Just to let you all know as it is an introduction day for the site there is no Fee for the gaming on Saturday.

Bio BBs will be on sale they are 2.5s in bags of 3000 for €15.00

registration forms for the Club will also be available on the day

any other questions feel free to ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Task Force One

Danin wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

Just to let you all know as it is an introduction day for the site there is no Fee for the gaming on Saturday.

Bio BBs will be on sale they are 2.5s in bags of 3000 for €15.00

registration forms for the Club will also be available on the day

any other questions feel free to ask.

hi Danin,

can i shoot round on the day an pick up reg form for the club as i cant make the days games. how much for club registration (sorry if i missed it on a post)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jinko

see you all out there tomorrow :)

I'm not gonna be there until about 12 or 1, and that's only if the bus will let me off at Ballinacarrow. lol I guess I'll have a bit of a walk after that.

Just finished getting some bits sorted see you all tomorrow and here is to a good day's testing Sligo's first designated Airsoft Site.

anyone gets lost tomorrow just call this mobile number

cheers lads

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭mayotobo

sory but i cant find this. how much is it to play?

that was brilliant: thanks sooo much to all the lads there today and an extra thanks to the boys for making it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ddoom

Fantastic days play. Site is brilliant.

To the organisers a huge well done. To players, get yourself down to Tigerland for one hell of a great day.

• Advertisement

good to see you all there lads. a great days airsofting with some good players. looking forward to next week :)

ddoom wrote: »
    Fantastic days play. Site is brilliant.

To the organisers a huge well done. To players, get yourself down to Tigerland for one hell of a great day.

its pronounced tiggerland

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭darman28

really enjoyed myself today thanks lads for having me and for a good days airsofting.The site is deadly so whoever wasnt there today get your holes there next week.see you all in my sights next week cheers:D

To all the lads that turned up yesterday to test the site thank you and a special thanks to those who travelled from Galway and further a field. Thank you all for the comments above it's great to know you all enjoyed testing the site.
    On a personal note it was great to hear the sound of AEG fire through the site after nearly a year of ups and downs trying to get to this point. Judging on the test game play of the zones yesterday the future of the site looks exciting and I look forward to seeing you all again next week if possible for our official first day.

some photos with more to follow

Spot the ambush :)

BILD0011-1.jpg

BILD0034.jpg

BILD0029.jpg

BILD0024.jpg

BILD0013.jpg

BILD0021.jpg

BILD0018.jpg

BILD0017.jpg

BILD0035.jpg

BILD0016-1.jpg

As I said more to come these were all taken in our first zone. I'll post more up as they come in

thanks again

Danin

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Mando Commando

Great day out lads, lookin foreward to more of it, sweet ass bit of woodland! Congrats Danin

Man, I'm gutted now. Got to the bus stop yesterday just in time to see it drive away. -.- I'm definitely gonna have to get a lift sorted or even go get my damn license. lol

Sorry I missed this, had a wedding on outta town. If your open next Saturday ill definatley be there with a few other lads in tow.

-Al- wrote: »
    Sorry I missed this, had a wedding on outta town. If your open next Saturday ill definatley be there with a few other lads in tow.

yep its open next sat starting at 09:30.

jinko wrote: »
    yep its open next sat starting at 09:30.

Great stuff, will get my gear sorted so. Whats the price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Bemused

Had a great day in Sligo on Saturday and all credit to Danin and co for their efforts in locating this site and getting it up and running.

It's in the grounds of an estate with phenomenal mixed woodland as the pictures give you an impression of, although it cannot bring across the atmosphere of the place. We started with a tour of some of the site and I mentioned that it would be quite easy to get lost in the place. Danin explained that so long as you stuck near the trails you'd be grand only to get us lost on the way back in an interesting detour that had us pushing through magnolias and thick gorse. ;)

There are some initial bases in place which provided for some excellent warm up games. First one involved the attackers moving uphill to a ditch/berm to try and capture the base beyond. Moving through a relatively open area we came under fire from the large trees at the edge of the area. I was pinned behind one until one of our team flanked the defender and got him (thanks Les). We made it up to the ditch only to be pinned down by a SAW (and a chuckling Tigger) firing along the length of the nearside of the ditch. Every time we respawned the terrain offered a range of tactical choices in making our attacks. The 30 odd minutes we took to make it to their base gave me plenty of opportunities to attest to this :D

When I (alone) finally got there and spotted their final defender I at last had the chance to get my first hit with my secondary weapon (a WA mini uzi) I jump up, pull the trigger and "pop", nothing happens - had gas troubles with it all day. That was the end of me and after two skirmishes I'm still waiting to celebrate it's first tag. One day,......

We swapped sides and after lunch played a game that led us through a large part of the site. It's got such a huge range of hiding places and different terrain. Loads of hiding spots - at one point Darren popped out of a hole to surprise myself and Anders from just a foot away - we had heard him moving but thought he was further off.

The day finished with an assault on another base which again was great craic and a real challenge. I should mention that the bases we used are beautifully "moulded" to the terrain, making great use of natural delves and dips in the terrain.

I'm not at this overlong but think I have a reasonable idea of what makes this sport appealing and worthwhile. This is an incredible spot with all kinds of potential that deserves large crowds. Developing it depends of people making the effort to get there. It's actually pretty well located with plenty of neighbouring counties that can access it with ease. I'm going to become a member and will be travelling up I hope at least once a month from Galway. I'm going to open up a thread looking for others in Galway who might be interested so we can organise car pooling.

Check it out!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement