Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft in Sligo

Options
  • 18-01-2010 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Interest in New Site In Sligo
    I'd just like to gauge interest in a site for Sligo.

If it was to go ahead it would be run in strict accordance with IAA guidelines and run as a members club only. I'd just like to estimate numbers if your interested drop in a line.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

Best of Luck man

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Brabazone

Good luck with your venture. I'm opening one between Ballinasloe and Athlone. Probably be another couple of months before it opens. There are advantages and disadvantages to operating as a club. If you need any info just send me a PM and I will give you any advice I can.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SligoAirsoft

Brabazone wrote: »
    Good luck with your venture. I'm opening one between Ballinasloe and Athlone. Probably be another couple of months before it opens. There are advantages and disadvantages to operating as a club. If you need any info just send me a PM and I will give you any advice I can.:)

Cheers any help with regards research between club and non club would be greatly appreciated regardless of how relevant you think it may be, I'm hoping people are interested enough to reply. I read your tread the village idea was a great one how are things moving on for you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Brabazone

Cheers any help with regards research between club and non club would be greatly appreciated regardless of how relevant you think it may be, I'm hoping people are interested enough to reply. I read your tread the village idea was a great one how are things moving on for you ?

This week should prove to be very busy as I will have to try and pull everything together that I have been doing for the past few months. I don't see any major problems appearing but you never know. Still waiting to hear back from a couple of people but everyone has been very helpful so far so I don't want to push them.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

Interest in New Site In Sligo
    I'd just like to gauge interest in a site for Sligo.

If it was to go ahead it would be run in strict accordance with IAA guidelines and run as a members club only. I'd just like to estimate numbers if your interested drop in a line.

I'd be interested.
    I know a few lads who don't use boards but would be interested too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

"if you build it, they will come.."

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ddoom

Another two who would be interested.

Cheers lads spread the word...

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭mayotobo

will it be close to the town?

if so then im in

good luck

mayotobo wrote: »
    will it be close to the town?

if so then im in

good luck

Nothing written in stone yet, just getting an idea of numbers for now. Nothing will go ahead if the interest is not there. We have a few sites ear marked but it depends on the general consensus of the players as to weather or not people prefer milsim or skirmishing this will directly have an effect on the type of site we settle on.

• Advertisement

Nothing written in stone yet, just getting an idea of numbers for now. Nothing will go ahead if the interest is not there. We have a few sites ear marked but it depends on the general consensus of the players as to weather or not people prefer milsim or skirmishing this will directly have an effect on the type of site we settle on.

I don't think you will get firm numbers before setting up the site as there are an awful lot of players out there who don't use boards.
    Best bet, IMO, is to pick a site you think is suitable and go with it and in the mean time we can use word of mouth to get players out to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭mayotobo

there is a huge lack of airsoft sites in the west aside from GTAC. the distance to travel to a venue is (in my opinion) one of the main reasons why players from the west dont attend skirmishes as often as would be hoped. In my case and several of my friends aswell. Id imagine that this would apply to a large group of gunslingers...get it, the West, gunslingers:)...no...ok never mind.

mayotobo wrote: »
    there is a huge lack of airsoft sites in the west aside from GTAC. the distance to travel to a venue is (in my opinion) one of the main reasons why players from the west dont attend skirmishes as often as would be hoped. In my case and several of my friends aswell. Id imagine that this would apply to a large group of gunslingers...get it, the West, gunslingers:)...no...ok never mind.

To be honest mate, one of the main reasons why we have put this idea out there is because of that exact reason, travelling up and down to Dublin is just getting a bit much. Don't get me wrong the likes of Redbarn, Shadowlands and others would be like a benchmark to use, they are great sites run by great people but its time that the Sligo/Leitrim area got a proper site going and hopefully a few teams will stem from a regular place to play and practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

do it now

Would be no harm to organise a meet of Sligo airsofters at some stage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Gunnar

count me in very interested

Hi

We will be announcing more information on this tread over the next 2 - 3 weeks as it takes place. Its great to see the interest in the site, good and positive. We will open an official boards tread after the opening and a website is being developed as we speak to cater for the site and also offer a web/shop for the west so all good for now.

So all I can say for now is keep an eye on this tread and keep the interests coming in

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ddoom

Looks like you guys have being busy, all very positive news and look forward to hearing more about the venture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

any news?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dbroe333

id be intrested what age limit would there be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

Sorry for not getting back to you all in a while, all is still very positive.
    the site is currently still under negotiations but we are still moving forward positively all be it slowly.
    As far as the age limit on the site is concerned, this will be determined by IAA recommendations but from the outset, I'd say In the case of 14yrs to 18yrs a parent or guardian would have to be present on site to sign the required forms.

but besides all that as an avid player myself All I can say lads is that the proposed site ROCKs its really Kicks
    and if all goes to plan you will not be disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

have you's been in contact with the IAA regarding the site

Gatling wrote: »
    have you's been in contact with the IAA regarding the site

We've been lucky enough to be receiving guidance from BioHazRd from the outset. I'm sure if you pm him he will vouch for us regarding the above.

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dbroe333

sound thanks id be intrested then

dbroe333 wrote: »
    sound thanks id be intrested then

Sound just keep an eye here for updates

Hi Lads,

Just to let you all know had another meeting with the landowner and it went really well, I'm hoping to be able to post up some photos of the site soon, hopefully in the next week or so, sorry for the delay but these things take a bit of time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 donna80

i'm in just let'me know ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 senior dingdong

Sligo area would be great I'm up for if I know a few guys who would be interested too. Keep us posted please

Sligo area would be great I'm up for if I know a few guys who would be interested too. Keep us posted please

That's great news the more the better. I think at a glance of the tread and some PM's we should have around 30-40 people. We are trying to push things as fast as we can, sorry for the delay lads but at least things are moving forward all be it slowly in the right direction.

• Advertisement

Just confirmed that the proposed site is approximately 76 acres which I think may make it one of Ireland's Largest airsofts sites but I could be corrected.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement