Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nulty's Value bets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Horse| Result| Dist| Stake| Odds|Bank
    Souters Sister| 3rd| 1l| 1 Win| 10/3| -18
    Seldom| 2nd| nk| 1 Win |4/1 |-19
    Kentmere| 2nd| nse| 1 ew |12/1| -17.6
    Kheyley| 4th| 3l| 1 Win| 8/1| -18.6
    Angle of Attack| 3rd| 3l| 2 ew| 7/1| -17.1
    Toby Tyler| 7th| 11l| 2 ew| 25/1| -21.1

Fuzzy Cat did it well and showed he has another string to his bow by coming off the pace. Probably a good idea, thinking he didn't want to get in a battle for the lead. Selection performed well enough but I expected him to be able to hold on with his 7f exploits.

Southwell 4.30

City Gossip @ 11/1

2pts ew

Lingfield 4.00

Lopinot @ 10.00

Its Lopinots turn to win. He's been knocking on the door the last three starts over CD. Found Stanley Goodspeed too good LTO and he went on to win another straight away. This is Lopinots mark and the instructions have gone from cover, to mid div - late run, to mid div early run and the latest tactics nearly paid off. A similar performance will see him go close.

NonRunner

Lingfield 4.30

Dark Ranger @ 10.00

Won off 1lb lower over 10f at CD and recent performances better than placings. Beaten by 7l by Franco is my name who's up 10lbs while the selection is down 4lb (1 stone in difference). Has to find the will to win but is handicapped to do so.

Edit:
    Just read that Dark Ranger is said to have lost a shoe on his last run.

1pt Win

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭LittleLebowski

Not havin a good week Nulty.NR and a 5th but I watch with interest.
    Your luck has to change!

Cheers Lebowski, I'm getting pretty pissed off at this stage.

Southwell 1.50

Taiper Jean Girl @ 4/1 WH

Wasn't fancied LTO in a seller againts and odds on shot which he ran to a neck. Blinkers applied and 4/1 looks a bit generous. Delta Sky looks the danger, especiall as I saw Amy weaver said that if she ever had a point and shoot, she'd book Hayley Turner to do the job....I'm just waiting for that combination to roll in.

1pt Win

Meydan 6.05

Crowded House @ 7/2

I was very impressed with Crowded Houses return to racing when finishing second to a fantastic Alexandros. A run and experience of Meydan under his belt, Crowded House can return to winning ways...and hopefully so can I!

1pt Win

Southwell 2.55

Rock Tech @ 10/1

Only 6 races for this 5yo who showed much more than previously when stepped up to 11f at Kempton. None jump off the page in this race and 10/1 on the improver looks bigger than it ought to be. Has to take to the FS but the extra furlong could see him in better light than all previous runs.

1pt ew

• Advertisement

Southwell 4.40

Kensington @ 7/1
    Other have question marks with distance and Kensington with two good recent runs and a double CD gets the shout at a decent price

1pt ew

3rd SP 15/2
    Can't buy a winner.

Piggy Bank = 32.6

Southwell 5.10

Makintosh @ 3/1

Beat Special Cuvee LTO whos been running well of his mark in handicaps at Southwell. That was the selections first visit to Southwell which coincided with the application of a visor. What ever got the run out of him, all the conditions are consistent and Makintosh has shown enough to beat this lot (famous last words)

1pt win

2nd Who do I have to kill.....

This is ****.

I couldn't tip a waiter.:confused:

Horse|Result| Dist| Stake| Odds|Bank
    City Gossip| 8th| 20l| 2 ew| 11/1| -25.1
    Lopinot | NR| _|1 Win | 9/1| -26.1
    Dark Ranger| 5th| 5l| 1 Win | 9/1| -27.1
    Taiper Jean Girl| 3rd| 3l |1 Win| 4/1| -28.1
    Crowded House |2nd| .5l| 1 Win |7/2| -29.1
    Rock Tech |5th| 3.75l| 1 Win |10/1| -30.1
    Kensington |3rd |1.75l |1 ew |7/1| -29.6
    Makintosh |2nd |1.75l |1 Win |3/1| -30.1

Gonna take a weeks break. Probably bake in March.

If Hugh Taylor can take a break - so can I!

Last year HT took a break and came back for the Ebor meeting and banged in

Yurituni @ 12/1
    Sesenta @ 25/1
    Roaring Forte @ 10/1

Thats what I'll do:pac:

Pissed cause I selected Binnion Bay @ 9/1 but was on hiatus.

I'm back prematurely...

Lingfield 3.30

Jake the Snake @3/1

Running consistently well without winning. Will win off current mark if breaks come. Last 5 races beaten total of 5 1/2l. Last run best of lot. This the best chance in a while. A Baker takes the 5 off again and the trainer is 5 for 14....

1pt Win

Bank: -31.1

FFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭POINTBREAK

Jake was the Pricewise Extra selection and they cant buy a winner either.

Its gotta turn...any idea what price pricewise tipped him at?

Nulty wrote: »
    Its gotta turn...any idea what price peicewise tipped him at?

7/2 was the price. Trading Post also tipped it. The winner was the only one backed against it.

Jaysus, I ought to keep track of the big tipsters. I didn't know they had it as their selection.:rolleyes:

Jaysus, I ought to keep track of the big tipsters. I didn't know they had it as their selection.:rolleyes:

Pricewise extra are running so bad they changed their tipsters and got our thread closed. Its hard to break a losing run though. I always reckon the best way is just go back to basics, good trainer, good jockey and a bit of support in the market fits the profile of most winners. Good luck anyway.

Two of my past picks ran in the money today.

Kheyley found 3rd @ 14/1 (tipped @ 8/1 and finished 4th)

Hold the Bucks 1st @ 7/1 (tipped @ 16/1 and finished 10th)

Nice to see their doing it when I'm not around:rolleyes:

Lingfield 16.20

Suits Me @ 7/2

Closest rated to Gitano Hernando who's the obvious pick. Has finished in the top 3 in 4/5 Listed races, one of them won. Ran well in two races over the winter and is taken to be there to pounce if Gitano Hernando finds the race too much too soon after a 6 month break

1pt Win

Seeing as though "its my blog and I can cry if I want to'...

I was most of the way through writing a tip for Glamorous Spirit at 7/2 but writing out my reasoning I slowly figured that the price wasn't worth that much value.

I kind of wish it hadn't gone and won. This curse is really getting to me.

Come on Suits Me - LIFT MY CURSE!

Horse| Result| Dist| Stake| Odds| Bank
    Rock Tech| 5th| 3.75l| 1 Win | 10/1| -30.1
    Kensington| 3rd | 1.75l | 1 ew | 7/1| -29.6
    Makintosh | 2nd | 1.75l | 1 Win | 3/1| -30.6
    Jake the Snake| 2nd | nse | 1 Win | 3/1| -31.6
    Suits Me | 2nd | 4.5l | 1 Win | 7/2| -32.6

Average odds for 24 tips = 10.2/1

Lingfield 5.25

Abbondanza @ 9/2

Has a good strike rate at this track and the trainer has being going well so fitness unlikely to be a problem. 1st and 2 2nds out of six. Won here in handicap off 104 last may and has the potential to run well after break. Likely to come second though.

1pt Win

• Advertisement

Wolves 3.10

Boo @ 9/1

8yo flat maiden with one of the best performances of his career last time over course and distance. He's been second her before and if he's going to get a win on the flat, this is his chance.

1pt Win

Edit:
    Not a maiden actually. Another horse I was looking at is a maiden, this one's last win was in 2005 so as good as a maiden

Woverhampton 5.10

Ahmedy @ 8/1

Won 3lbs lower CD and has the same jockey onboard who's been very effective with a claim. Others are very much in form but considering Ahmedy's latest win, the price looks rather too big.

1pt Win

Ahmedy & Boo Each-way Double 1pt
    6th and 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Wolves 3.10

Boo @ 9/1
    1pt Win

but but it's Apprentice Handicap :o they don't know what they're doing :rolleyes:

j@utis wrote: »
    but but it's Apprentice Handicap :o they don't know what they're doing :rolleyes:

Boo's last race was in an apprentice handicap and has shown he doesn't need a whip to get his juices flowing.

Edit:
    Apparantley they are allowed use whips in these races. When are they not? Anyway, bit of support for the old dog and I reckon this fella knows enough to get a horse to win that ought to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Boo blew it at the start. Did you watch the race? Horse reared badly when stalls opened and lost it there and then.

I watched it all right (seen my signature?)

He ran on well at the end. with a better start he may have got a place but the winner did it well

Wolves 5.40

Mojeerr @ 25/1

D. Cannon has a win on the card already and gives this horse a great chance to better his consitent place runs at this track. Last run at 9f was encouraging and could be his ideal distance. 25/1 is an ideal price - ought to be 14s or so (IMO). Blinkers first time could make an impact also

2pts ew

Lingfield 3.40

Secret Witness @ 7/2

Running very well for new yard and handled an 8lb rise last time to finish 2nd. If settling to the pace of the race will have a great chance with question marks over most of the rest of these.

2pt Win

JESUS CHRIST!

• Advertisement

Lingfield 5.10

Gandalf @ 9/2

I went mad one night and backed about 8 horses in a race (not alot of money). The horse I didn't back won, Gandalf! 4 runs on AW 2 wins, one of them his debut.

If you've backed Gandalf, exchange the slip for something else - quick!

1pt Win

Advertisement