Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pick Me A Team !

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

If your criteria is for a young, up and coming team with a good offense, then look no further than the Packers. That O is going to be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

davyjose wrote: »
    If your criteria is for a young, up and coming team with a good offense, then look no further than the Packers. That O is going to be great!

It already is! A franchise record for points scored this year ('09). I'd say it won't be lasting long. Rodgers is the career passer rating leader. He's going to get even better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Pherekydes wrote: »
    It already is! A franchise record for points scored this year ('09). I'd say it won't be lasting long. Rodgers is the career passer rating leader. He's going to get even better!

True you put across a good argument, are there many Packers fans in Ireland ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

True you put across a good argument, are there many Packers fans in Ireland ?

From what i can tell they're one the most popular teams in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭_Buck Rogers

this year was a wobble in the titans progression plans simply over coach player relations early in the season. Everyone wanted Young to play but Fischer ( who i love) wanted Collins playing. Collins unfortunately didnt connect well with the rest of the O unit and as soon as he was dropped the titans started winning.

We have a good QB who brings somethin different and maybe more exciting to the table if not as reliable as some of the other QB's.
    We have easily the best running back in the league. He proved he's a tier above peterson this season, and with only two seasons done I still expect another few great seasons out of him. Hopefully he'll last as long as LT but not likely.
    We have an OK WR unit with Brit looking like a good player after his rookie season.
    Our O line is phenomanal IMO, it is definatly one of the better Lines for making holes for the HB. Vet Kevin Mawae pledged one more year so we'll benefit from his leadership again.

Although it wasn't on show this yaer the Titans generally have one of the best secondaries around, We have two solid safeties and one fantastic corner in Finnegan.

Titan's have issues on the D line and Rush D. Apart from Bullock at OLD there is a lack of talent and a slight lack ofm experience.

In the draft i've love to see us stock up on DE's and a LB or two.

• Advertisement

Had Packers foisted on me cos Godmother lives in Green Bay.

Never mind what may or may not happen next season, look at the past. When you read about the history of the franchise, city of only 100,000 people, playing in the same stadium for 50 years, season tickets sold out since 1960 and 30 year waiting list for them, the traditions, the success, the players and of course THE coach, games like The Ice Bowl, the fact that this is not some franchise backed by some billionaire that bought their success and fanbase along with some pretty stadium named after a car or a fruit drink, but a franchise owned by the community...this is real sporting legend. The story of the franchise, and not how it has survived but how it is a giant in the sport and one of the most popular teams around, is little short of incredible.

This is a tradition that pretty much outstrips anything else in any other sport of which I'm aware, you kinda think of Barca in football and the way that side represents not so much a team as a people and with such a glorious histpry of success...but it's not even close to what the people of Green Bay can be proud of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Pherekydes wrote: »
    It already is!
    It's very, very good, but still has a way to go before it can be considered great. But i predict it will be.
    i reckon they'll be to the 10's, what the Colts were to the '00's

Advertisement