Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFC Championship game: VIKINGS vs SAINTS

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭jman0war

Gotta agree with tallaghtoutlaws on that fumble.
    It's not as tho Peterson hasn't fumbled in that very situation before:
    http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1006/nfl_g_apetets_576.jpg

Anybody got a pic from the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Grow up already will you :rolleyes: We all know that isn't going to happen especially after one game. You are seriously tarnishing your credibility as a poster with the nonsense you are coming out with. You have gone from very strong poster to babbling on about nothing with sh1te like the above.:rolleyes:

So your not going to explain what was so bad about Petersons running? I'd honestly like to know, because I'm at lose as to what was so bad about his performance.

jman0war wrote: »
    Gotta agree with tallaghtoutlaws on that fumble.
    It's not as tho Peterson hasn't fumbled in that very situation before:
    http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1006/nfl_g_apetets_576.jpg

Anybody got a pic from the game?

Watch the video on nfl.com. A picture won't tell you anything really. I'd agree with what Mariucci said about it that Favre should have made sure to get it in by placing it lower and Peterson should have tried to get his elbow up further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Saints
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d815f0f8f/Vikings-missed-opportunity

For the benefit of Chucky. Look at Peterson's Right arm swat the ball down. Perfectly good hand off by Favre. And listen to the commentary explain the fundamental error by Peterson.

Saints
    So your not going to explain what was so bad about Petersons running? I'd honestly like to know, because I'm at lose as to what was so bad about his performance.

With the way you have been answering my posts already in a childish manner I am not going to entertain you. I am not going to get into a debate with someone who has clearly made his mind up on the whole thing. :rolleyes:

The ball got to Peterson and Peterson didn't have his arms open enough to receive it. Anyone who watches football and knows the game will tell you that was Peterson's fault. The commentators said it, The analysts said it, The reports said it and about everyone I know said it and a lot on here said it. You truly are reaching to bolster your argument. Just because they had to give it to Favre by Default it doesn't mean it was his fault. The hand off was perfect but Peterson's arms were positioned wrong. :rolleyes:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d815f0f8f/Vikings-missed-opportunity

For the benefit of Chucky. Look at Peterson's Right arm swat the ball down. Perfectly good hand off by Favre. And listen to the commentary explain the fundamental error by Peterson.

So steve mariucci was wrong that the fumble was on both players? Peterson could have had is elbow up further but Favre could have also dropped the ball down lower. Petersons left arm was low enough to fit it in.
    With the way you have been answering my posts already in a childish manner I am not going to entertain you. I am not going to get into a debate with someone who has clearly made his mind up on the whole thing. :rolleyes:

Fair enough, you can use my childish manner as a get out clause if you don't want to admit your wrong but I really can't see how anyone can call Peterson's running "bad" during that game. If a 100+yard game with 3 TD's is a bad performance I'd love to see him play when he has a average game.

• Advertisement

I watched the video and what i saw was Peterson closing his arms before the ball was delivered.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2100565_execute-football-handoff.html
    Execute a football handoff by starting with the quarterback. If you are playing the quarterback position, you must hide the ball with your arms against your stomach as soon as you receive the ball from the center.
    <LI id=jsArticleStep3 itxtvisited="1">Step 3
    Get ready to hand the football off to the running back. With one arm across the upper chest (palm down) and the other arm across the stomach (palm up), the running back is in position to receive the ball. This arm positioning acts as a vice when closed. The quarterback places the ball in between the arms of the running back with the football in the horizontal position. When the running back feels the football on his chest and stomach area, this triggers his arms to clamp around the ball.

Saints
    So steve mariucci was wrong that the fumble was on both players? Peterson could have had is elbow up further but Favre could have also dropped the ball down lower. Petersons left arm was low enough to fit it in.

I watched that vid of Mariucci's explanation and it is clear Mariucci isn't laying blame on either but staying neutral by saying it was both. And he isn't alone but just because he said they were both in the wrong doesn't make it so. It is one of these instances where it will be debated by two sides always. But the majority are blaming Peterson's fundamentals on it. He came in too low and his arms were closed off for the angle he took. He should have known better as he takes hand offs on a daily basis from his QBs. But I am with the majority this is on Peterson.

Saints
    Fair enough, you can use my childish manner as a get out clause if you don't want to admit your wrong but I really can't see how anyone can call Peterson's running "bad" during that game. If a 100+yard game with 3 TD's is a bad performance I'd love to see him play when he has a average game.

:rolleyes: There was the reponse I was looking for good man. I stand by what I say and I don't have justify to anyone including you. Because again you will throw out childish comments. This isn't a battle of wits so move on already.

jman0war wrote: »
    I watched the video and what i saw was Peterson closing his arms before the ball was delivered.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2100565_execute-football-handoff.html
    Execute a football handoff by starting with the quarterback. If you are playing the quarterback position, you must hide the ball with your arms against your stomach as soon as you receive the ball from the center.
    <LI id=jsArticleStep3 itxtvisited="1">Step 3
    Get ready to hand the football off to the running back. With one arm across the upper chest (palm down) and the other arm across the stomach (palm up), the running back is in position to receive the ball. This arm positioning acts as a vice when closed. The quarterback places the ball in between the arms of the running back with the football in the horizontal position. When the running back feels the football on his chest and stomach area, this triggers his arms to clamp around the ball.

I could be wrong on it, but when I watch the highlights of it Mariucci didn't blame either player and put it down to the fault of both. Haven't really seen much reports from other people on it though.

Good for him.
    Steve Mariucci has never been a running backs coach.

I've posted some information regarding how a football hand-off is supposed to occur.
    You can see for yourself in video that Peterson doesn't wait for the ball to reach him before he starts closing his arms.
    He made a balls of it.
    But whatever, it didn't cost the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lothaar v2

That fumble was Peterson's fault, no question about it. His arms weren't open enough, making the target too small. Also, he started closing his arms before the ball was in there.

At first I couldn't believe that Mooch blamed QB and RB. Then I realised where he's coming from. Y'see, coaches always preach the importance of the QB's role in the exchange. Fumbled snaps are ALWAYS the QB's fault, even when they're not. This is one of those coaching rules. If you hammer that home to QBs, they'll have to find ways to secure the exchange - even when the other guys screws it up!

Yes, it was possible for Brett to deliver the handoff. And, with what I said above in mind, there is some amount of blame on him for not really, really sticking the ball in the tiny target presented to him... but really it was Peterson's fault :)

Advertisement