Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

She-wolf you say?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

ive only glanced over the thread but whats the biggie? its getting more common for Girls to have f**k buddys? I doubt it, its more likely they are just more vocal about it, either that or half the male population are gay :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Utter Dross tbh. This is a good example of how not to write an article.
    Can they not think of anything more thought provoking and orginal?

They seem to be really gunning for students today anyway

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/grantaided-students-buying-more-booze-than-books-2017471.html

Not only are our students engaging in casual sex but they also spend more money on booze than books. Well I never! What are we going to do, hopefully Sindo will enlighten us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

class I just realised I know the girl who wrote that article :P she used to go out with someone i know

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭argonaut

The Sunday Independent is a hysterical joke of a newspaper anyway, so it's not surprising that they'd be outraged by pretty much anything. Shock! Horror! Evil!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

class I just realised I know the girl who wrote that article :P she used to go out with someone i know
    Don't suppose you can find out if she's a whore?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

The funniest bit of this article is the pretense that they changed the name of the 'student' that the 'journalist' 'interviewed' in order to protect her identity.
    As if the 'interviewee is anything other than a figment of 'journalist's' imagination.
    Articles of this kind have been a staple of sunday newspapers for as long as I can remember; there's little else beside this kind of thing in the Sunday Independent, last time I checked.
    At one time they may have worked in a 'shock, horror, what are the kids coming to' kind of way; in no way journalism but at least ostensibly salacious enough to garner some publicity for the 'journalist'.
    This is just a particularly pathetic example of the oldest trick in the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Plenty of my friends have **** buddies. I'd probably have one too if I wasn't an ugly bastard.
    It happens. Whoop-de-****ing-doo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Inflation must be very high in UCD, a few years ago the Sindo were saying you could get a blowjob for a cigarette, and now it's €5!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

I think there should be some sort of Godwin's Law, there probably is and I haven't heard of it when columnists have to write about sex/drugs/booze to sell a paper. I know people that have had f**k buddies and threesomes and all that craic but I don't need to read about it in the paper, it's not news it's bullshit that people do, the only time such topics should ever appear in the paper is in an agony aunt column. Newspapers are supposed to deal with facts not hearsay and shite talk. Passing this off as news is like passing off an article on the Beatles taking drugs or students like drinking or that the sky is blue, it's shit we know already.

• Advertisement

Linku wrote: »
    Inflation must be very high in UCD, a few years ago the Sindo were saying you could get a blowjob for a cigarette, and now it's €5!

Why I remember back in UCD a cigarette would buy you a steak and kidney pie, a cup of coffee, a slice of cheesecake and a newsreel. With enough change left over to ride the trolley from Battery Park to the polo grounds.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

"...That's when my sex life really took off," says a 22-year-old engineering student at Trinity.

Clearly bull****, everyone knows engineering students don't get any!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

They seem to be really gunning for students today anyway

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/grantaided-students-buying-more-booze-than-books-2017471.html

Not only are our students engaging in casual sex but they also spend more money on booze than books. Well I never! What are we going to do, hopefully Sindo will enlighten us.

That article was written by John Drennan; I remember him from Maynooth !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

i need janes phone no. or maybe her sexual prowling friends

spideog7 wrote: »
    Clearly bull****, everyone knows engineering students don't get any!

And everyone knows nobody, engineering student or otherwise, actually talks like that.

baalthor wrote: »
    That article was written by John Drennan; I remember him from Maynooth !

Ah, John Drennan. A cheerleader for Bertie Ahern/FF throughout the 'boom' and a great friend of Brian Cowen who, when everything went to ****, conveniently decided to blame all ills on his erstwhile friend Mr. Cowen in order to hoodwink people into believing he and his colleauges at the Independent played no part in the mess; Brian Cowen, apparently, managed to cause it all by himself shortly after becoming Taoiseach.
    He can now be heard daily on your radio pontificating about what went wrong and what we need to do to get out of it.
    Also noteworthy for his tiresome use of 'amusing' similes.
    'Well Matt, it's a bit like...etc, etc.

Never mind students, what about Sindo columnists and their loose morals/knickers?

Terry Keane and "sweetie"

And here's Sonia Harris from the "O3 team" and her adventure with John O'Shea ...
    Apparently O'Shea's family and girlfriend weren't impressed!

Anyway Alison, have this Pulitzer Prize for your groundbreaking story ...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

"Life for me and many of my friends became highly sexualised when we started college. I was in Trinity and meeting girls not just from Ireland but America and England who would put out and lived on campus so it was easier to go back to someone's house for a bit of casual sex. That's when my sex life really took off," says a 22-year-old engineering student at Trinity.

That pretty much kills any credibility the story might have had right there.

Everyone knows engineering students never get laid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

that €5 bj is a recession buster,SOLD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭narwog81

this story is a complete rip-off of a similar article that appeared in the review section of last week's sunday times, just dumbed down and trashed up to make it suitable for publication in the sindo.

what a fcuking rag. articles like this, along with anything written by barry egan or brendan o connor destroy any credibility this alleged broadsheet purports to carry and dont even get me started on eoghan harris...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Snap!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

El Siglo wrote: »
    Why I remember back in UCD a cigarette would buy you a steak and kidney pie, a cup of coffee, a slice of cheesecake and a newsreel. With enough change left over to ride the trolley from Battery Park to the polo grounds.;)

I've seen this before....? hmmm

baalthor wrote: »
    Never mind students, what about Sindo columnists and their loose morals/knickers?

Terry Keane and "sweetie"

And here's Sonia Harris from the "O3 team" and her adventure with John O'Shea ...
    Apparently O'Shea's family and girlfriend weren't impressed!

Anyway Alison, have this Pulitzer Prize for your groundbreaking story ...:D

Thanks for the link. What an enlightening read.
    I have no idea if this writer still plys her trade in Ireland.
    I hope so; it would be a great shame if a mind of this quality was no longer with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Bull**** article.. I got as far as "22 year old boy".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Gotta love the Sindo, makes up quotes from non existant people they never interviewed. Rag of a paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Just Say No to the SINDO, kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

stovelid wrote: »
    Just Say No to the SINDO, kids.

+1.

The only think that could shock me about this piece would be if any of these anonymous people were real.

Questionable sourcing + dubious generalisations on the strength of those sources + a nice bit of hypocrisy (moral panic and low-rent titillation are such excellent bedfellows, don't you think?) = the perfect Sindo article.

When IN&M eventually collapses under the weight of its debt and inflated salaries, I'll be fking delighted.

Does Brummy know this? He was mentioning about going to Trinity, I think this might be important...;)

Jev/N wrote: »
    I've seen this before....? hmmm

Yeh, I posted it in the TCD forum, but it hits the spot because things used to be so much different in Belfield...
    "I remember father would be out on his horse galloping through the meadows, and me and Poppy and Dash would have picnics by the lake. Oh it was ever so much fun we had in those carefree days of yore."

• Advertisement

ascanbe wrote: »
    Thanks for the link. What an enlightening read.
    I have no idea if this writer still plys her trade in Ireland.
    I hope so; it would be a great shame if a mind of this quality was no longer with us.

She's in PR now ...

The "O3 team" featured her and two other girls with zero newspaper experience who were allowed to write whatever they wanted so long as it was "sexy" - more Sonia ...

Advertisement