Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jets

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Im in the same boat as this guy, really want to get into American Football but need to pick a team first, never been to America before so can't exactly start there but I'd like to support an up and coming, exciting team any ideas ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

Scoobydooo wrote: »
    Im in the same boat as this guy, really want to get into American Football but need to pick a team first, never been to America before so can't exactly start there but I'd like to support an up and coming, exciting team any ideas ??

The Colts, they've got this young, unproven renegade called Manning at QB, could be interesting to watch him develop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Detroit Lions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Patriots

easy

tom-brady.jpg

and another reason to love the Patriots, fast forward the start if you must!

and more excitement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

If you got any football mad relatives you can pick a rival team to annoy them. I support the 49ers since they beat the seahawks in '02

Failing that watch a few games see what teams you like to watch?

P.S Packers are going to become a fantastic team (as much as it pains me to say it)

Please dont pick the patriots people will secretly hate you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

kryogen wrote: »
    Patriots

easy

tom-brady.jpg

and another reason to love the Patriots, fast forward the start if you must!

and more excitement!

There are far too many Patriots fans in Ireland as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭Lothaar

RichTea wrote: »

Right.

And the Patriots have 'England' in their name FFS! 800 years is all I'm sayin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

RichTea wrote: »

and strangely enough i dont know any other patriot fan on a personal level!

plenty of cowboys and giants fans alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Pick a team with a story. I'm a Ravens fan and its good to have a team with shortcomings aswell as features. My team destroys the patriots then just 6 days later gets embarrassed by the colts.

I think the Vikes could be an interesting team to support next year (and they're my backup team now that the ravens are out) as I think such a great receiving core, running back, D-line but with a big gap at QB (if favre retires) makes for great drama throughout the season.

To echo what people say though once you pick stick with that team for better or worse. Its much more entertaining that way!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

So, I didn't get to see the entire match last night. Who won in the end ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

columok wrote: »
    Pick a team with a story. I'm a Ravens fan and its good to have a team with shortcomings aswell as features. My team destroys the patriots then just 6 days later gets embarrassed by the colts.

I think the Vikes could be an interesting team to support next year (and they're my backup team now that the ravens are out) as I think such a great receiving core, running back, D-line but with a big gap at QB (if favre retires) makes for great drama throughout the season.

To echo what people say though once you pick stick with that team for better or worse. Its much more entertaining that way!!!

It still feels weird hearing that about the Vikings post-Moss

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The Jets, 17-14. You have to become a Jets fan now. :D

I started supporting them in the mid-80s when the QB was Ken O'Brien and the kicker was Pat Leahy. Added to that they played in green so I (wrongly) assumed there was some Irish connection and so I became a Jets fan. The important thing, as someone already said, is to stick with the choice you make, no matter how painful it may prove to be (I'm a Leeds fan as well, so I know all about pain :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    So, I didn't get to see the entire match last night. Who won in the end ?
    Some Jets fan ;):D

The Jets won 17-14

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Zaph wrote: »
    The Jets, 17-14. You have to become a Jets fan now. :D
    Awesome, so I guess Jets don't suck so bad. :)

Overall however, which would you guys think is the better team, Jets or Giants ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

CHARGERS!!!

Advertisement