Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jets

Options
  • 17-01-2010 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so I don't know much about American football but I've read up on the rules and I really want to get into the game and the best way I see of doing that is to support a team. Now I used to live in New York so I guess I have to pick a NY team. :p For that reason I want to know your opinions on the Jets, are they a good team ? Do they stink ? And/Or am i wasting my time supporting them ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Jets are an entertaining team. They have a great defense, a young and talented quarterback and a blabbermouth coach.

If you're absolutely sure you want to support them instead of the Giants then here are a few players to look out for.

Darrelle Revis, Cornerback
    Thomas Jones, Running Back
    Mark Sanchez, Quarterback
    Bart Scott, Linebacker

Stick with your team, no matter what decision you make. It'll be far more rewarding for you as a fan. Nothing beats the hope and heartbreak of the NFL.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Well, I like QB Sanchez, but they have one problem that will be hard to overcome. I can summarize it in one word: Chargers!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,866 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't think my comments on the Jets would help the matter so I'll say nothing, they would be very biased and unfavourable to say the least.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

Id go with the Giants if I were you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭_Buck Rogers

No no no no no forget New York! You want to support the Titans :), I need a second Titan fan in the country so Tallaght and Eagle will stop teaming up and bullying me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

No no no no no forget New York! You want to support the Titans :), I need a second Titan fan in the country so Tallaght and Eagle will stop teaming up and bullying me!

You know we love you really. We are supporting you for your bad choice of team :D:D

You know we love you really. We are supporting you for your bad choice of team :D:D

Did I say Titans, I meant Tennessee Johnson :P

Did I say Titans, I meant Tennessee Johnson :P

This Just In

The Titans move to Johnson Tennessee to rename the Team the Johnson Titans:D

http://www.johnsoncitytn.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

You're not alone brother, you're not alone. I'm a Titan :D

Woop. . .woo. wo. . . .hey! Go away and stop stealing my thunder;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

eagle eye wrote: »
    I don't think my comments on the Jets would help the matter so I'll say nothing, they would be very biased and unfavourable to say the least.:D

i would echo these sentiments

only advice i can give you is to forget both of em and support the Patriots!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

no no, the patriots are the team of 2,000s. Packers are the team for 2010s ;)

The thing is you don't want to seems like a glory hunter, so to an extent the Jets is a good team to pick. They're good to watch, have some great players and the future is bright. Plus you have a small connection in you lived in NY for a while. Nobody could complain with that!

kryogen wrote: »
    i would echo these sentiments

+1 to this.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

kryogen wrote: »

Don't listen to him, the Patriots are evil and must be destroyed!

As a Jets fan you can look forward to many years of underachievement and disappointment, punctuated by the odd year of promise when the team actually looks good ok and makes the playoffs, only for it all to be snatched away to leave you with a sense of underachievement and disappointment. I found the first 15 years or so were the hardest.

Zaph wrote: »

As a Jets fan you can look forward to many years of underachievement and disappointment, punctuated by the odd year of promise when the team actually looks good ok and makes the playoffs, only for it all to be snatched away to leave you with a sense of underachievement and disappointment. I found the first 15 years or so were the hardest.

Spoken like a true scum Jets fan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

I find its a bit like supporting liverpool in soccer.Pretty much a life of hell punctuated by a few moments of joy,although fleeting

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Well, I like QB Sanchez, but they have one problem that will be hard to overcome. I can summarize it in one word: Chargers!
    Why what's so special about the chargers ?
    Zaph wrote:

raven136 wrote:
    I find its a bit like supporting liverpool in soccer.Pretty much a life of hell punctuated by a few moments of joy,although fleeting
    Ok, now you're scaring me.

Iwasfrozen wrote: »

The Jets are playing the Chargers in the Playoffs right this minute. Blue was saying the Jets will have to overcome them tonight i.e now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ok, now you're scaring me.

Jets playing chargers tonight, probably not gonna end well for them!

Yes, be scared of the Jets, come support the Pats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

The Jets are playing the Chargers in the Playoffs right this minute. Blue was saying the Jets will have to overcome them tonight i.e now :D
    Cool, can I watch it anywhere on the internet ?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055740951

tallaght posted a link in there

On Sky Sports if you have it. If not

http://atdhe.net/index.html

http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?...ericanfootball

www.Justin.tv

One of these links will help you out.

mind you the Patriots fans would kill for our running back,sorry any running back :D

At least as a Jet fan you certainly wont be labelled a glory hunter any time soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Two Titans fans on this forum? what happened guys, you lose a bet?

OP, tell me in 2 hours time if you still wanna be a jet ;)

davyjose wrote: »

What's wrong with the Titans? :)

davyjose wrote: »

Im going to answer for him with a resounding YES.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,866 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

All aboard the fairweather train eh?

eagle eye wrote: »
    All aboard the fairweather train eh?

Dont think there is that many Jet fans on here and we have suffered some very poor teams and coaches and deserve a few minutes gloating.We all know that they will find a way to break our hearts before the season is out.

• Advertisement

raven136 wrote: »
    Dont think there is that many Jet fans on here and we have suffered some very poor teams and coaches and deserve a few minutes gloating.We all know that they will find a way to break our hearts before the season is out.

To be fair I have seen more Jets fans pop up tonight in the Playoff thread than I have in a long time :D:D:D All popping their heads from under the rock to say hello :D

Advertisement