Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fcuking Eyesores!!

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Steo46

I can't believe that Cowen or Harney did'nt get a mention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Steo46 wrote: »

Are you kidding?

The woman is a modern day Helen of Troy.

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/lc/makeup_forever_111009/mary_harney_2610309.jpg

*drools*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Steo46 wrote: »

The OP is a bit of a tosser and said "No people" :rolleyes:

I say ignore the fool.. :)

OutlawPete wrote: »
    The OP is a bit of a tosser and said "No people" :rolleyes:

I say ignore the fool.. :)

Rules were made to be broken and all that. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

The OP is a bit of a tosser

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

i came in expecting a thread about sex with ugly people. Disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

MaybeLogic wrote: »
    +1

He's a good looking devil though :D

He's a good looking devil though :D

Bit a delusional chap though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Dublin (or should I say "town"). All of it. Its the biggest eyesore in the milky way.

Dublin (or should I say "town"). All of it. Its the biggest eyesore in the milky way.

Certain parts of it aren't entirely horrible, Trinity College is a fantastic place.

It's mainly the north side of ''town'' that is quite disgusting.

P.S I'm from the north side, so don't go there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

lightening wrote: »
    Well, what other town has a Georges St, the Arcade, Central Hotel, Aungier St, Yamamori and Dame street. Are you truly that badly traveled that you don't recongnise your own capital from these places and street names?

The new court house on castle St.

Lightening, you'll obviously know this one, being so "well travelled".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

jd007 wrote: »
    There's a town in Co.Mayo called Ballindine. I know most of you won't know it but theres this "thing" (I really dont know what the fcuk it is!) just as you enter the town. The town is absolutely tiny so its just pointless tbh...

Pic

It's a monument to a late local accordionist. Or, so I'm told. I don't believe that there's a single person on the planet with the neural wiring required to work that out for themselves. The thing is hideous.

I thought the new green GMIT building was horrible at first, but I got used to it. And now I notice how many things on that road are that same shade of green. The hospital, the Orchid restaurant, a couple of buildings down near the Eye, and I don't think any of this is planned. Weird.

That big pile of stuff out in the middle of the Galway docks is a bit of an eyesore. And it keeps disappearing and reappearing. Actually, I'm going down to the Galway forum right now to ask just what the heck that thing is because it's bugged me for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

styes! or glaucoma!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Dunjohn wrote: »
    It's a monument to a late local accordionist. Or, so I'm told. I don't believe that there's a single person on the planet with the neural wiring required to work that out for themselves. The thing is hideous.

I always thought it was supposed to be a representation of an animal trap. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

The new court house on castle St.

Lightening, you'll obviously know this one, being so "well travelled".

Ah come on, you were given three very well known street names of one of Europe's best known cities, (Georges St, Aungier St and Dame street) an Arcade, a Hotel and a restaurant and you STILL didn't know it was the capital of your own country! And then, you go on to say the whole city is an eyesore when you have just proved your ignorance and lack of knowledge of the city!

Can we not lambaste and area of Ireland unless we actually are a little bit familiar with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Loopline bridge.

As I went over O'Connell Bridge this morning I looked east towards the sun and realised that Dublin could have a beautiful vista in that direction (esp the view towards the Custom House) .... if only that fúcking 100 year old billboarded iron monstosity wasn't there. :mad:

I mean seriously? I'm not an architect or anything but whoever was behind the construction/installation of that bridge has to be the biggest artistic gob****e to ever set foot in this country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loopline_Bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

bonerm wrote: »
    I mean seriously? I'm not an architect or anything but whoever was behind the construction/installation of that bridge has to be the biggest artistic gob****e to ever set foot in this country.

IT WAS BUILT IN 1891!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭AttackThePoster

So? It still looks ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

The Bus Station attached onto the train station in Athlone. I dont know how they got planning to stick what is essentially a massive green house, onto the lovely stone building that is the train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

bonerm wrote: »
    Loopline bridge.

As I went over O'Connell Bridge this morning I looked east towards the sun and realised that Dublin could have a beautiful vista in that direction (esp the view towards the Custom House) .... if only that fúcking 100 year old billboarded iron monstosity wasn't there. :mad:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loopline_Bridge
    Designed by J. Chaloner Smith

Thats the messer your looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

The art deco cinema on the main road through town, would be fabulous if some arse would sell it.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Dunno if anyone has said these eyesores in Limerick yet:

Monstrosity attached to king John's castle- glass and metal attached to beautiful stone, just ugly!

Building next to Hunt museum- 1970's brown nastiness actually blocks the view of the gorgeous building.

ALL of patrick street, where the Opera centre is supposed to be going, it's all derelict nastiness now.

The stoopid christmas tree floating on the Shannon

The metal pyramids next to the Clarion

The whole laid out "walkway" for tourists going from Authurs Quay to King John's Castle, dirty, dark, dangerous and ugly!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,907 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Dunjohn wrote: »

I thought the new green GMIT building was horrible at first, but I got used to it. And now I notice how many things on that road are that same shade of green. The hospital, the Orchid restaurant, a couple of buildings down near the Eye, and I don't think any of this is planned. Weird.

That big pile of stuff out in the middle of the Galway docks is a bit of an eyesore. And it keeps disappearing and reappearing. Actually, I'm going down to the Galway forum right now to ask just what the heck that thing is because it's bugged me for years.
    I think the new GMIT is stunning, thats the library by the way, and it really is a great library to study in, lovely view of the whole bay in there aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i cant stand the loopline bridge either, would be a great view of the custom house down to the new conference etc. surely it could be replaced with a new bridge that wouldnt be as obstructive. a slim glass steel bridge that would let you see through to the custom house rather than them big black pillars and billboards!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

another one i thought of, theres a relatively new office block beside city hall at the entrance to dublin castle. its disgusting, how it got planning ill never know. just faces the olympia there. hard to miss the big ugly brick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

Co. Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

k99_64 wrote: »

Wow! I think thats cool!

I actually like old architecture and new architecture side by side. Berlin is a big mix-match of everything and it's the most interesting city architectually I've visited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

NUI Maynooth Arts block. Horrible pancake-like building, very thankful that it's nowhere near the beautiful south campus.

north_main-03.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement