Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your favourite 20 albums and I'll rate your musical taste out of 10

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ah now-no need for sarcasm. Good albums are good albums-are you saying people should not pick out albums that are head and shoulders above the rest- because they are common choices?? They are common choices because they are superb albums. Sure,some albums never get a wide enough audience for their greatness to be acknowledged but I honestly doubt they would surpass any of the albums I picked! Perhaps they deserve a top 50 slot but not top 10.

Check with most newspaper/music site music critics who are well versed (because of free samples and time), and I reckon they would mostly concur with my choices.Oh-its jagged little pill for Morrisette not bitter little pill. That doesnt mean I or anyone should mimic their choices. I own and value all my top ten.

Some of the choices I have seen here make no musical/artistic sense. You do have rock snobs who will list little known albums just to display their "Knowledge" Good music should generally make it most listeners' attention -if you haven't heard of it and are generally interested in music ,then most times, in my view it cant be that good!

In your opinion the albums you picked are head and shoulders above the rest to me, alot of them are meh to be honest.

Moondance is the only album from that 10 that i'd listen to frequently and then i'd pick astral weeks over it. Looking forward to see how it scores. And i can safely say there are infinitely more albums better than pretty much any eagles album. As The Dude says ' Christ not the ****ing eagles, anything but the ****ing eagles'. Glad they still have an audience though!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Al Stewart - Past, Present & Future
    Joni Mitchell - Blue
    The Mountain Goats - Zopilote Machine
    Rory Gallagher - Irish Tour
    The Shins - Oh, Inverted World!
    The Decemberists - Picturesque
    Mogwai - Happy Songs For Happy People
    Operation Ivy - Operation Ivy
    Inner Terrestrials - X
    Owen Pallet - Heartland
    Wolf Parade - Apologies to the Queen Mary
    Okkervil River- The Stage Names
    Antlers - Hospice
    The Luyas - Faker Death
    Moutpiece - Moutpiece
    The Clash - Sandinista!
    The Restarts - System Error
    Interpol - Turn On The Bright Lights
    The Rezillos - Can't Stand The Rezillos
    Zounds - Curse Of Zounds

Jim wrote: »

Owen Pallet - Heartland

Pretty impressive to see this here seen as it's so new.

Great mountain goats album too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

lordgoat wrote: »
    Pretty impressive to see this here seen as it's so new.

Great mountain goats album too
    I was a bit hesitant to put it in, but decided to in the end. His best album I think, haven't stopped listening to it since it came out.

Jim wrote: »
    I was a bit hesitant to put it in, but decided to in the end. His best album I think, haven't stopped listening to it since it came out.

i'd agree it by far his strongest album to date. Nice to see it in a list tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

1. Wings: Back to the Egg
    2. Huey Lewis and the News: Sports
    3. Men at Work: Business as Usual
    4. Holiday Rock: Ghost and ghoulies
    5. Venga Boys: Up and down the party album
    6. The Darkness: one way ticket to hell and back
    7. Steps: Steptacular
    8. Will Smith: Big willie style
    9. Steven Seagal: Songs from the Crystal Cave
    10. Dogstar: Happy Ending
    11: Los del Río: Macarena non stop
    12: Cliff Richard: Wanted
    13: Toploader: Onkas Big Moka
    14: Goo Goo Dolls: Let love in
    15: Shawn Mullins: Souls Core
    16: Billy Ray Cyrus: Some Gave all
    17: Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipmunks in low places
    18: Garth Brooks: Fresh Horses
    19: Shania Twain: Up!
    20: The Shaggs: Philosophy of the World

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭FlashGordon1969

In your opinion the albums you picked are head and shoulders above the rest to me, alot of them are meh to be honest.

Moondance is the only album from that 10 that i'd listen to frequently and then i'd pick astral weeks over it. Looking forward to see how it scores. And i can safely say there are infinitely more albums better than pretty much any eagles album. As The Dude says ' Christ not the ****ing eagles, anything but the ****ing eagles'. Glad they still have an audience though!

Listen to Hotel California and Revolver again (presumably you have done this at least once each) and come back to me. Joy of music is joy of the familiar . Astral weeks is grossly overrated. Gets great press because of its innovation but I don't think it has aged well.

Did you actually put up a list-I cant locate one,or are you just poking at everyone else's list?! Everyone is entitled to an opinion but your critique is hardly detailed-Meh?! I love the Dude-don't bring the dude into this.Its like dragging the kids into an a parental argument. Or vice a versa. Not fair!

1. Wings: Back to the Egg
    2. Huey Lewis and the News: Sports
    3. Men at Work: Business as Usual
    4. Holiday Rock: Ghost and ghoulies
    5. Venga Boys: Up and down the party album
    6. The Darkness: one way ticket to hell and back
    7. Steps: Steptacular
    8. Will Smith: Big willie style
    9. Steven Seagal: Songs from the Crystal Cave
    10. Dogstar: Happy Ending
    11: Los del Río: Macarena non stop
    12: Cliff Richard: Wanted
    13: Toploader: Onkas Big Moka
    14: Goo Goo Dolls: Let love in
    15: Shawn Mullins: Souls Core
    16: Billy Ray Cyrus: Some Gave all
    17: Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipmunks in low places
    18: Garth Brooks: Fresh Horses
    19: Shania Twain: Up!
    20: The Shaggs: Philosophy of the World

You can't be serious! Im a Paul McCartney fan but I wouldn't put Back to the Egg in his top ten. Then again, I haven't listened to it in awhile. Steven Seagal-the actor??

Listen to Hotel California and Revolver again (presumably you have done this at least once each) and come back to me. Joy of music is joy of the familiar . Astral weeks is grossly overrated. Gets great press because of its innovation but I don't think it has aged well.

Did you actually put up a list-I cant locate one,or are you just poking at everyone else's list?! Everyone is entitled to an opinion but your critique is hardly detailed-Meh?! I love the Dude-don't bring the dude into this.Its like dragging the kids into an a parental argument. Or vice a versa. Not fair!

I've had hotel california drilled into me for years i never liked it and can't see it changing. Although i do love Gram Pasrson and the Flying Burrito Brothers, but find the eagles dreadful.
    I'm not a beatles fan at all, i find them grossly over rated. I also think Moondance gets much more respect than astral weeks.

My list is in this thread somewhere and my music is in my sig for the world to see. If it seems i'm picking on your list apologies it just struck me as very safe. There is so much more music out there.

The dude's point about the eagles still stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Modest Mouse – The Lonesome Crowded West
    DJ Shadow – Endtroducing
    Daft Punk – Homework
    Oasis – Definitely Maybe
    Interpol – Antics
    The National – Boxer
    Joy Division – Unknown Pleasures
    Orbital – The Altogether
    Underworld – Everything Everything
    Siritualized – Let It Come Down
    Primal Scream – Screamadelica
    The Stone Roses – The Stone Roses
    The Clash – London Calling
    The Chemical Brothers – Surrender
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Fever To Tell
    Radiohead – Pablo Honey
    Love – Forever Changes
    The Beach Boys – Pet Sounds
    Dave Clarke – Devils Advocate
    LCD Soundsystem – 45:33
    Jurassic 5 – Power In Numbers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mister Tickle

1. John Martyn - Solid Air
    2. Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
    3. JD Souther - Black Rose
    4. Bill Evans Trio - Portrait in Jazz (any album,really)
    5. Oscar Peterson - Night Train (any album)
    6. AC/DC. Highway To Hell
    7. Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss
    8. Stanley Turrentine - Hustlin'
    9. Kenny Burrell - Midnight Blue
    10. Hoyt Axon - My Griffen is Gone
    11. The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Bog

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
    Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Airplane Over The Sea
    Belle & Sebastian - If You're Feeling Sinister
    Boards Of Canada - Music Has The Right To Children
    Spiritualized - Ladies & Gentlemen, We're Floating In Space
    Joanna Newsom -Ys
    Sigur Rós - Ágætis Byrjun
    Frightened Rabbit - The Midnight Organ Fight
    Red House Painters - Red House Painters I
    Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain
    Low - Secret Name
    LCD Soundsystem - Sound Of Silver
    The Verve - A Storm In Heaven
    Smog - Knock Knock
    Tom Waits - Frank's Wild Years
    Arab Strap - Philophobia
    Bob Dylan - Blonde On Blonde
    Elliott Smith - Either/Or
    Ballboy - Club Anthems
    Animal Collective - Feels
    Stars Of The Lid - The Tired Sounds Of Stars Of The Lid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

ntlbell wrote: »
    Come on Kold, at least get a bit of consitency going.

fartmaster scored 1.8 for the same tripe.

lol you snobby git.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭next

right here goes , top 5 are my all time favs rest is just this month
    John Martyn -Grace & danger
    John Martyn - And
    Bob Dylan -Nashville Skyline
    Tom Waits - Blue Valentine
    Tom Waits - Rain Dogs
    John Mayall & Eric Clapton- Bluesbreakers
    Ron Sexsmith - Exit Strategy of the soul
    Nina Simone - Silk & Soul
    Various Artists -Jazzin the blues
    Gomez - Bring it on
    Buddy & julie Miller- Written in chalk
    Chuck Prophet - age of miracles
    Lenord Cohen -Live in London
    Cuban Cafe -Disc 2
    The Doors- Morrison Hotel
    Fela Kuti - London Scene

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Kold wrote: »
    This list is all over the place, I'm pretty sure there's like 40 lps there, some very very good ones though. I'm willing to give this an 8.2 but minus .3 for headwreaking notation and your super quirky spelling of Christina. minus another .5 if that's actually how you spell your name.

Oop sorry didn't mean to wreck yer head with the notation sorry!
    Yep that's how I spell my name blame my hippy parents not me! I demand my .5 back! :pac:
    The list is all over the place as it represents about 10 years of my being into many different genres, it's an evolutionry process and at least it's not just all rock like a lot of the lists here!

I've had hotel california drilled into me for years i never liked it and can't see it changing. Although i do love Gram Pasrson and the Flying Burrito Brothers, but find the eagles dreadful.
    I'm not a beatles fan at all, i find them grossly over rated. I also think Moondance gets much more respect than astral weeks.

My list is in this thread somewhere and my music is in my sig for the world to see. If it seems i'm picking on your list apologies it just struck me as very safe. There is so much more music out there.

The dude's point about the eagles still stands.

No need to apologise -list was pretty safe I have to admit. I had similar views on the Eagles for a long time until I listened to Hotel C again and loved it. I go in cycles with these things. The Beatles are over hyped rather than over rated. Some of their albums are pedestrian -like Beatles for Sale but would be some challenge for a band now to throw out 13 albums in seven years of such overall quality. Rumours-fantastic album-never tire of it . Must look up your list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Haha.. entertaining topic. I like a little elitism. I'm just going to haphazardly throw together a list going on what I've probably listened to the most.

Interpol - Turn On The Bright Lights
    Madvillain - Madvillainy
    Viktor Vaughan - Vaudeville Villain
    Neutral Milk Hotel - In An Aeroplane Over The Sea
    The Walkmen - Bows & Arrows
    The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
    Les Savy Fav - Inches
    LCD Soundsystem - LCD Soundsystem
    Quasimoto - The Unseen
    Slum Village - The Fantastic Vol. 2
    Scary Eire - The Scary Era
    Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury
    The National - Boxer
    My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
    Sufjan Stevens - Greetings From Michigan
    The Knife - Silent Shout
    Burial - Untrue
    Animal Collective - Strawberry Jam
    Funkadelic - Maggot Brain
    Outkast - Speakerboxx/The Love Below

Skewed a bit too much into the 2000's but thats when I got into music. Also like a fair bit of dubstep, uk funky, grime and various other odd stuff but they're not really album genres.

Elliott smith -figure 8
    dexys midnght runners - too rye ay
    the wrens - meadowlands
    joanna newsome - milk eyed mender
    final fantasy - he poos clouds
    sigur ros - ()
    public enemy - nation of millions
    radiohead - kid a
    wilco - a ghost is born
    libertines - up the bracket
    jurassic 5 - quality control
    belle and seb - if you're feeling sinister
    nick drake - 5 leaves left
    joni - blue
    dcfc - we have the facts
    pulp - different class
    bonnie prince - the letting go
    gram parson emmylou -gp/ grevious angel
    cat power - you are free
    tom waits - rain dogs

Ok i typed these out in no particular order, you want 20 so here you go - the ones after here are as loved by me as the ones above, i could have left them in and removed any of the others.

Great thread by the way... And i'm sure you know we all appreciate the time you are taking to grade our scores!!

neil young - are you passionate?
    REM - monster
    gil scott heron - ghetto style
    whipping boy - heartworm

While I have heard of some of these artists-a fair few I haven't. Though I do like Monster and think its an underrated album. Bonnie Prince-I have an album of his somewhere and think he is a cool dude-music is so mellow but with lyrical punch. Dexy's -to my shame I only know "Come on Eileen" ,though Im aware that their early stuff is well regarded. I think you reach a certain age and you just spend your time with the same artists because perhaps ,you have the sinking feeling that its all been done before!

While I have heard of some of these artists-a fair few I haven't. Though I do like Monster and think its an underrated album. Bonnie Prince-I have an album of his somewhere and think he is a cool dude-music is so mellow but with lyrical punch. Dexy's -to my shame I only know "Come on Eileen" ,though Im aware that their early stuff is well regarded. I think you reach a certain age and you just spend your time with the same artists because perhaps ,you have the sinking feeling that its all been done before!

How very odd you should mention this, lately this keeps cropping up and it's becoming harder for me to actually like something. Bon Iver is the last album that really blew me away. Listening to it a year or so later i still think it's a great album too but it didn't make my list. If i was to recommend one album off my list i'd go with the wrens album i think. Mainly because i think they should be more well known. Also if lyrics are your thing Elliott Smith is top dog. You have some good posts in this thread. Oh that Dexys alubm has Eileen on it as the last track and when you listen to the whole album from the start you really get an appreciation for what a good song it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

I'm not a beatles fan at all, i find them grossly over rated.

I find it difficult to understand how someone can think that the Beatles are overrated. Sure, you might not like their music (though for me it's the equivalent of someone not liking the Simpsons), but their influence alone has shaped popular music in ways that can't be measured.

You rave about Elliot Smith a lot. He was a huge Beatles fan, as you must know, and his music is testament to that. Most of it has a very Beatles sound to it. Have you listened to the Beatles much? Are you familiar with all the albums and EPs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

pinksoir wrote: »
    I find it difficult to understand how someone can think that the Beatles are overrated. Sure, you might not like their music (though for me it's the equivalent of someone not liking the Simpsons), but their influence alone has shaped popular music in ways that can't be measured.

You rave about Elliot Smith a lot. He was a huge Beatles fan, as you must know, and his music is testament to that. Most of it has a very Beatles sound to it. Have you listened to the Beatles much? Are you familiar with all the albums and EPs?

Just because they were influential or revolutionary doesn't mean they were great musicians or wrote great music, I'm sure britney has a lot to answer for in terms of shaping the pop slag movement too and we all know her 'music' is a heap of sh*t. I'm obviously not saying the beatles are on a par with ehr but you get my drift. I know a lot of people who are well into their tunes and have no time for the beatles it's not all that uncommon as far as I can tell. Personally I hate the simpsons too actually, pretyt mediocre comedy by my standards :pac:

See it's this attitude that annoys me. Of course i can say i think the beatles are over rated. I don't like the majority of their songs i find them annoying and pretty whiny at times. I think alot of their music is ruined by pop lyrics and macca. I think Roy O is as much of an influence on the bealtes as they are on Elliott Smith yet he imo is someone completely under rated for his musical contribution. So to me they are far from the be all and end all. The Beatles were in face just a band.

Sure Elliott Smith was a big fan, i can of course see the Fig 8 is hugely influenced by the Beatles and it's my favourite album but to me Elliott Smith's lyrics are miles ahead. I can't agree that Either/Or XO or Roman candle have an overly large beatles feel to any of them. Even his later albums have moved on from it i think. So for me to say most of his music has a bealtes feel to it isn't exactly right.

Yes i know them well, my favourite Bealtes songs are the silly ones, Rocky Racoon / Bungalow Bill. I will also admit a liking for ticket to ride but the rest of the hits, hey jude et al, just don't do it for me.

Just because they were influential or revolutionary doesn't mean they were great musicians or wrote great music, I'm sure britney has a lot to answer for in terms of shaping the pop slag movement too and we all know her 'music' is a heap of sh*t. I'm obviously not saying the beatles are on a par with ehr but you get my drift. I know a lot of people who are well into their tunes and have no time for the beatles it's not all that uncommon as far as I can tell. Personally I hate the simpsons too actually, pretyt mediocre comedy by my standards :pac:

I actually think pop wise there are alot worse acts out there than Britney. I also dislike pop being over looked as a valid genre in the music scene. A good pop song can have an impact on so many people it should not be ridiculed. This however has been twisted so much in the past 10-15 years that the vast majority of them are total garbage but as **** as hit me baby one more time is it's streets ahead of what's on spin/q102/98fm when i have them inflicted on me...

Edit: Apologies to Kold for encroaching on his thread.

See it's this attitude that annoys me. Of course i can say i think the beatles are over rated. I don't like the majority of their songs i find them annoying and pretty whiny at times. I think alot of their music is ruined by pop lyrics and macca. I think Roy O is as much of an influence on the bealtes as they are on Elliott Smith yet he imo is someone completely under rated for his musical contribution. So to me they are far from the be all and end all. The Beatles were in face just a band.

Whoah! I never said that you couldn't say that they were over rated. Of course you can. I was just expressing an opinion that I found it hard to understand how someone could think that. More of a statement about my inability to understand, given the self evidence of their influence on pop music, rather than an attack on your right to say or think whatever you want. I didn't intend for you to get annoyed. I'm finding more and more people who either don't like or are indifferent to the Beatles and it's come to the point that it's almost 'uncool' to like them. I'm not referring to you by the way, I'm sure you're not bothered by what's perceived as cool. Neither am I. Too old at this stage. I'm a musician though and sometimes get a nagging feeling that certain interviewers/journos etc, look down on musicians that site the Beatles as an influence. I don't really care though. I likes what I likes...

You're right though, their lyrics are definitely lacking a lot of the time, but Across the Universe are my favourite lyrics of all... apart from maybe that bit in Nature Boy by Nat King Cole, "the greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return". Though there were far, far better lyricists at the time, Ray Davies being just one. The thing is, they pioneered a sound, very much indebted to George Martin in that respect. They pushed studio techniques to breaking point. They pioneered the idea of an album as a cohesive piece of work instead of a vehicle for singles. I mean, Sgt Pepper ffs. Nothing like that had EVER been done before. They started psychedelia with Revolver and informed countless bands, even becoming a genre. They pioneered so many other things writing an exhaustive list would take too long. These thing might have happened anyway, but the fact that one band did them in such a short career is remarkable.

I actually think pop wise there are alot worse acts out there than Britney. I also dislike pop being over looked as a valid genre in the music scene. A good pop song can have an impact on so many people it should not be ridiculed. This however has been twisted so much in the past 10-15 years that the vast majority of them are total garbage but as **** as hit me baby one more time is it's streets ahead of what's on spin/q102/98fm when i have them inflicted on me...

Edit: Apologies to Kold for encroaching on his thread.

Pop music is much harder to construct than the ramped up guitars of rock.

Whoah! I never said that you couldn't say that they were over rated. of course you can. I was just expressing an opinion that I found it hard to understand how someone could think that. More of a statement about my inability to understand, given the self evidence of their influence on pop music, rather than an attack on your right to say or think whatever you want. I'm finding more and more people who either don't like or are indifferent to the Beatles and it's come to the point that it's almost 'uncool' to like them. I don't care either way though really, I like what I like and that's that.

You're right though, their lyrics are definitely lacking a lot of the time. There were far, far better lyricists at the time, Ray Davies being just one. The thing is, they pioneered a sound, very much indebted to George Martin in that respect. They pushed studio techniques to breaking point. They pioneered the idea of an album as a cohesive piece of work instead of a vehicle for singles. I mean, Sgt Pepper ffs. Nothing like that had EVER been done before. They started psychedelia with Revolver and informed countless bands, even becoming a genre. They pioneered so many other things writing an exhaustive list would take too long. These thing might have happened anyway, but the fact that one band did them in such a short career is remarkable.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you have written above. The Beatles changed music for the better and anyone who denies this is just a musical philistine. They made it de de rigueur for bands to write their own music rather than being fed pap/bubble gum pop by professional songwriters.
    They created a heavy metal sound/sonic with Ticket to ride and I defy anyone to pre-date that sound.
    They progressed the idea of an album as a musically connected piece-Rubber Soul as noted by Brian Wilson.
    They wrote deadly songs-who dislikes a "A Day in the Life" "Come Together" or "tomorrow never knows".?
    Culturally they also had huge positive influence but this thread is going off topic and I will just let it be!

Also, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 vanh84

and ready for a first post pasting :cool:

AC/DC - Powerage
    Horslips - Book of Invasions
    Air - Moon Safari
    Tragically Hip - Road Apples
    Black Crowes - Southern Harmony & Musical Companion
    Cat Power - The Greatest
    Faith No More - King For A Day
    Jellyfish - Belly Button
    The The - Dusk
    The Who - Live at Leeds
    Regina Spektor Begin To Hope
    Lucinda Williams - Car Wheels on A Gravel Road
    Radiohead - The Bends
    Sigur Ros - Takk
    Screaming Trees - Sweet Oblivion
    Polly Paulusma - Scissors in my Pocket
    The Gutter Twins - Saturnalia
    Jesus Jones - Doubt
    AC/DC Back in Black
    Zero 7 Simple Things

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Of course you can say it and an opinion is just an opinion, just don't expect people to take you seriously after saying it.

'Ticket to Ride'? Okay, whatever floats your boat, I suppose.

Saying The Beatles are overrated is bit like saying...well talking a load of bóllocks really.
    To be honest, and this will come off as weird and probably offensive, but if I'm talking to someone in the real world about music and they express a dislike or even apathy for/towards the Beatles, I absolutely just discard their opinion on all music. I can't take them seriously at all. It's like an immediate deal-breaker. My eyes just glaze over. Probably something I should work on...

The two most profound cultural forces of the last half century were the Beatles and the Simpsons. During both of their golden ages they pulled completely disparate elements from popular culture and brought them together in a way that connected with the listening/viewing world that tapped into latent memories of experiences of those elements. They are, in effect, a manifestation of popular culture in general. They each became genres unto themselves. Culture, and more distinctly popular culture, is what binds us all together. It is what gives people a sense of belonging. It is one of the greatest parts of being human.

If I come across people who dislike either I'm suspicious. If they dislike both, I'm severely worried.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Camp Lo-Uptown Saturday Night
    The Congos-The Heart of the Congos
    Miles Davis-Sketches of Spain
    T-Power-The Self-Evident Truth of an Intuitive Mind
    Casino vs Japan-Go Hawaii
    LTJ Bukem presents Logical Progression Volume 1
    David Axelrod-Songs of Innocence
    Dr. John-Gris-Gris
    Gil Scott Heron-Glory the Gil Scott
    Vampyros Lesbos Sexadelic Dance Party
    The KLF-The White Room
    Quannum Projects-Spectrum
    Lou Reed-Transformer
    Orbital-Snivilisation
    Louis Armstrong-Hot Fives and Hot Sevens Boxset
    Aphex Twin-Selected Ambient Works 85-92
    Augustus Pablo-King Tubbys meets Rockers Uptown
    Dr. Octagon-Dr. Octagonecologyst
    Boards of Canada-Hi Scores (an EP, I know)
    Charles Mingus-Mingus at Antibes
    De La Soul-3 Feet high and Rising

Advertisement