Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fashion Blogs/Websites

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 MichMich

Kind of surprized noone has mentioned shesinvogue.blogspot.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fiali

2 girls 1 trend 2 styles
    http://www.thewardrobewars.blogspot.com - we are trying to be a little different from your average personal style blog. There are two of each and we each styled an outfit around one key piece/trend. Check it out - we'd really love your feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dreababyluxe

Just wondering if any other boards users keep a fashion related blog? If any...

http://fashionfrillsandbaileysthrills.wordpress.com

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Threads merged

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Lolnouska

Just wondering if any other boards users keep a fashion related blog? If any...

http://fashionfrillsandbaileysthrills.wordpress.com

Is that your blog? i love it!!

yup i started one around july, only really getting into it in the last two months. :)
    http://anouskie.blogspot.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Eya Fashion - Authorised Merchant

great topic!!

I can recommand stylebible.ie and wow.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

My blog is more Beauty related but I do the odd fashion post. Link is in my sig if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Mine is more a lifestyle blog but I do lots of outfit posts:
    http://foodfloraandfelines.blogspot.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 megfox

Found a cool Fashion Website, raw edgy and well written!

icône du jour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭dingbat

:)

Why?
    ...the big secret is that in the long run it costs no more money to look good than to look slovenly. Knowing the difference between the two is the key, and nowhere is this more apparent than in that most basic of garments, the shirt.

Lesson #1 is this: if the collar doesn’t fit, the shirt doesn’t fit. There can be no debate about this point. Almost anything else in a shirt can be altered, but the collar is to the shirt as the shoulders are to a suit – they are what they are and no amount of tailoring or self-delusion will change that fact.

Well, I haven't gone into huge levels of detail (although it might well follow), but it's a start. You might be kind enough to tell me if I should continue writing about clobber, or to tell me to shove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

I laughed at the phrase "that silk and cotton duo...".

Polyester ties are your only man. :pac:

Shrinkage tip duly noted though.

dingbat wrote: »
    :)

Why?

Well, I haven't gone into huge levels of detail (although it might well follow), but it's a start. You might be kind enough to tell me if I should continue writing about clobber, or to tell me to shove it.
    Sorry mods.

It's absolutely not a fashion blog, just a post, so I didn't think it was appropriate for me to put it in the "fashion blog" thread.

Apologies if I misunderstood.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Pimping of blogs is contra to Boards terms and conditions and would usually result in a ban. However, rather then do that I moved your post here to a specific Irish Blog thread where it might get a little feedback. Mods walk a tightrobe here between killing spam and fostering something new.

On a personal note I love that there are lots of people writting new blogs and particualry that men are doing so. Hopefully the cream of those blogs will rise and go from strength to strgenth while weaker ones fall by the wayside. It's something I contemplated for myself but I know the enthusiam would FAIL and within the space of half a dozen articles apathody would set in.

With regards to your article I'd have to say that I'd like to see you generalise a tad more. Use of "Most Irishmen" rather then just "Irishmen" and so on. It would give those of us who do understand satorial issues a bit of encouragment. We may be few but I find the increase in the number of suits I see out at night very encouraging.
    Same goes for your reference to shop assistants and that they don't know how to fit a shirt. You know as well as I that there are extreamly compendant and knowedgable shop staff out their. I would have liked to see a nod of apprication in their direction to balance the piece.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Pimping of blogs is contra to Boards terms and conditions and would usually result in a ban. However, rather then do that I moved your post here to a specific Irish Blog thread where it might get a little feedback. Mods walk a tightrobe here between killing spam and fostering something new.

On a personal note I love that there are lots of people writting new blogs and particualry that men are doing so. Hopefully the cream of those blogs will rise and go from strength to strgenth while weaker ones fall by the wayside. It's something I contemplated for myself but I know the enthusiam would FAIL and within the space of half a dozen articles apathody would set in.

With regards to your article I'd have to say that I'd like to see you generalise a tad more. Use of "Most Irishmen" rather then just "Irishmen" and so on. It would give those of us who do understand satorial issues a bit of encouragment. We may be few but I find the increase in the number of suits I see out at night very encouraging.
    Same goes for your reference to shop assistants and that they don't know how to fit a shirt. You know as well as I that there are extreamly compendant and knowedgable shop staff out their. I would have liked to see a nod of apprication in their direction to balance the piece.
    Thanks Goat. Apologies again, and thanks for not handing out a ban!

It's certainly correct that there are some out there who know what they are doing, both in terms of the wearer and those assisting them. Point noted in that regard. The point of my posts on this subject will indeed be to help show people small ways in which they can do that little bit better.

Is it permitted to place a link to the blog in my signature? Scanned the forum charter and didn't see anything specifically regarding that. Would welcome guidance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Lots of posters maintain a discreet link to a blog in signatures. However blatantly posting nonsense just to display the sig is not acceptable.
    Put a small (font size 2 or 1) 'Read my blog <Linkey>' and just continue to post as normal. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Lots of posters maintain a discreet link to a blog in signatures. However blatantly posting nonsense just to display the sig is not acceptable.
    Put a small (font size 2 or 1) 'Read my blog <Linkey>' and just continue to post as normal. :)
    Much appreciated, sir. Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mossie86

There are some good Irish fashion blogs out there at the min. I like Whisty blogs Dublin Fashion, Angela Scanlon and SequinsandBangles. They are three pretty good Irish ones and they keep you up to date with trends!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

A girl I went to school with, is now a professional model - she's gone all the way from Donegal to London, Paris and even New York's modelling scenes, and she blogs as she goes. I'm not in touch with her since school but I do follow her blog, blog.fayedinsmore.com . She writes about the cities she's in, who she's doing shoots for and some of her opinions on stuff like skinny models etc. You lot might like a read.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

bit of self-advertisement..

http://aesthetic-junkie.blogspot.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

The Cool wrote: »
    A girl I went to school with, is now a professional model - she's gone all the way from Donegal to London, Paris and even New York's modelling scenes, and she blogs as she goes. I'm not in touch with her since school but I do follow her blog, blog.fayedinsmore.com . She writes about the cities she's in, who she's doing shoots for and some of her opinions on stuff like skinny models etc. You lot might like a read.

I've read her blog! Is she from Donegal? That's where she gets her gorgeous complexion!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

A friend of mine recently set up a blog for those preparing for their Debs - http://debsdirectory.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

You can catch up with all the most recent Irish fashion blog posts in one place at www.irishfashionblogs.com, which we've just put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 NumptyB

It's great that there is a list of blogs here, I have one also, but I dunno if it's cool to post a link here or not, I will but Mods, please delete if it's not allowed, thanks!!
    I'm really enjoying blogging so far & have come across some great oppurtunities already, to anyone thinking of doing one I saw: DO IT! It's so rewarding. And fashion and style are so subjective that everyone is entitled to their own views and tastes.

http://kit-cat-kitty-cat.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

I'm really glad someone directed me to this thread, I love fashion blogs - both reading other people's and working on mine. :) I'm definitely going to be looking at some of the blogs on here, loads of them look really interesting.

As for mine, it's extremely new at this point and doesn't have a lot up yet but I'm going to be putting a lot of work into it, so if anyone's interested you can find it at http://highstreethideout.blogspot.com

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BillabongMad

thunderandtreads.blogspot.com

She does loads of reviews etc from clothes to cosmetics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

thunderandtreads.blogspot.com

She does loads of reviews etc from clothes to cosmetics.

Ahhh, that's my friend! She's a sweetheart but get's a shocking amount of abuse. I've never understood the comments that slag her off, the girl is stunning.

Also, I believe my blog is linked in my signature. It's new :)

Ahhh, that's my friend! She's a sweetheart but get's a shocking amount of abuse. I've never understood the comments that slag her off, the girl is stunning.

Also, I believe my blog is linked in my signature. It's new :)

I follow her on tumblr. She's just amazing, I'd love to get to know her and get her help on styling. Really not fair what people say to/about her.
    I can't find your blog. >_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

I follow her on tumblr. She's just amazing, I'd love to get to know her and get her help on styling. Really not fair what people say to/about her.
    I can't find your blog. >_<

Ah, she's just a nice girl. Haven't hung around with her in ages but she's just very genuine, what you see is what you get.
    My blog? Maybe you have your options set to hide people's signatures?
    Here it is linked:
    http://sunnysunnylipglossandcat.blogspot.com/

• Advertisement

Ah, she's just a nice girl. Haven't hung around with her in ages but she's just very genuine, what you see is what you get.
    My blog? Maybe you have your options set to hide people's signatures?
    Here it is linked:
    http://sunnysunnylipglossandcat.blogspot.com/

She sounds amazing :']
    Sorry still rather new to the site, found it :) Looks really good.

Advertisement