Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festivals 2010

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Did you camp? The thing thats stopping me is not knowing much about it. Dont want it to be an epic organisational fail

Yeah, theres no choice. Its in the middle of nowhere. Have to camp. Wasnt that bad, flight with ryanair, as there the only ones who fly there(Frankfurt-Hahn), then taxi to the concert site. Buses run back to the airport on the sunday. Big rucksack with a tent and one or two tshirts and your sorted. One rucksack done the two of us last year. Its fairly easy to do. One prob would be tickets though. They wont post to Ireland so youll have to know someone in UK or Mainland Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

booked timewarp already, out of work from feb so HOPEFULLY will get to ibiza for at least the space opening party weekend. maybe again for a week in august

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Slunk wrote: »
    Yeah, theres no choice. Its in the middle of nowhere. Have to camp. Wasnt that bad, flight with ryanair, as there the only ones who fly there(Frankfurt-Hahn), then taxi to the concert site. Buses run back to the airport on the sunday. Big rucksack with a tent and one or two tshirts and your sorted. One rucksack done the two of us last year. Its fairly easy to do. One prob would be tickets though. They wont post to Ireland so youll have to know someone in UK or Mainland Europe

Yep, thats no problem. Did you use the shower dealies at it? Any use? Is there much hassle at it, stuff safe in the tents etc? Defo thinking I'll book it now. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Just saw that Subhead are playing live at Bloc... I thought that they disbanded after Phil Wells died. Is it Jason Leach on his own or whats the craic? Does anyone have any info on this as imo Subhead were absolute pioneers and one of the most underrated groups out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Yep, thats no problem. Did you use the shower dealies at it? Any use? Is there much hassle at it, stuff safe in the tents etc? Defo thinking I'll book it now. Cheers

Didnt use the showers myself but seen were they were set up. Looked fairly decent. Everyone at it is just havin fun. Didnt see one bit of trouble at it all weekend and your stuff is safe enough. Not loads of scummers round the place like you would get here. Most people are very friendly. We felt very safe and comfortable anyway

Heading over to Mayday in Dortmund as I cant wait for Nature One.
    md10_plakat_gross2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

going to the burning man festival again this year

hopefully life festival again (havent missed one since 2006 so no point starting now)

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

http://www.lestransardentes.be/2010/en/

going to this at the weekend. should be good laugh....

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭xdeletiax

possibly freerotation again. its a fairly small festival in the middle of nowhere in wales in a castle. actually its more like a huge house party that goes on for 3 days. cause its small you can do whatever you want, its far enuf away from anyone to keep the music blaring all night. its completly dance music (mostly techno and dubstep). everyone is friendly and u end up bumping into the same ppl over and over. two excellent things about it- theres tea available pretty much 24 hours (neccessary for come downs) and a lovely chill out room playin dubtechno. only complaint was the amount of barefoot hippies with hard ons for fire poi n incense. last years performers: marcel dettmann, peverelist, efdemin (it seemed like he brought a load of mates from the dial and mule labels too..) move d, shackleton, sven weisemann, ben ufo, ramadanman, pangea, 2562. all the performers hang around for the festival too which is great for going up them and annoying em when ur drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

i heading to benicassim in spain in july, and gonna try and make it to london in august for something-even just to go to matter or fabric. then leccy piccy hopefully if i can afford it

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Terry Cotta

Should be going to Bangface in April. I've heard good stuff about Nature One. Hopefully I'll get there this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭EvolutionNights

Zascar wrote: »
    Cool. Great venue and great vibe. Only thing I did not like was the psy-trance - I was just unfortunate to camp beside a group of nackers who played it on a stereo all day and night for the whole weekend. Still would love to go back. Last year it was that unbelievably hot weekend, almost unbearable...

Apologies. LIFE 2010 is on in Belvedere Gardens, Mullingar.
    Looks like a great new site. http://www.belvedere-house.ie/

Advertisement