Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festivals 2010

Options
  • 13-01-2010 4:19pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, where is the place to be this year? What festivals are hot and which are not?

As mentioned in previous threads, I can't see myself going to anything along the lines of EP again. I did go to Life last year and we had a great time, it's just so much smaller and nicer with a way better vibe, will prob go again this year if its on. I'd really like to go overseas, if Airbound is on again in Croatia or similar I'll definitely be looking to do this.

So what are you guys planning for this year. Any info or recommendations please post all info here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Dour Festival, Southern Belgium.

Went there last year.... serious set-up, line-up was class some nights, okay others.

€100 for 5 nights camping, music 4 days, bands ending at about 6am each night - Venetian Snares tore the place apart on the Sunday night, wiping the floor of Aphex Twin who was on earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Zascar wrote: »
    So, where is the place to be this year? What festivals are hot and which are not?

As mentioned in previous threads, I can't see myself going to anything along the lines of EP again. I did go to Life last year and we had a great time, it's just so much smaller and nicer with a way better vibe, will prob go again this year if its on. I'd really like to go overseas, if Airbound is on again in Croatia or similar I'll definitely be looking to do this.

Airbound is in that tiny fishing village in croatia again AFAIK. Petroicia (sp?)

Will probably go to Solas/that thing on Inis Fox if its on this year. Green gathering is supposed to be decent enough - also, a friend of mine ended up at some festival near stonehenge when Global Gathering was called off which he said was unbelievably reckless. The lads are going to Timewarp but its too close to my exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Ireland - Sibín Beag, LIFE if it's on.

International - Outlook, Sun & Bass.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,541 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Havent been to Sonar in a few years. Would love to get back, I;ve always found it most excellent.

That said, I'm old lazy fukker now so probably wont end up at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Heard good things about both Airbound and Life from last year.

Have a wedding the week of EP this year so that rules that one out for me, but I really don't think I would have gone again, too much hassle last year.

Or else I'm just getting a bit long in the tooth for festivals....

There is no WAY the other half would go to a purely electronic festival, just not her scene at all, it would have to be a mix.

Anyone ever been to Snowbombing? Looks like a bit of craic! Not cheap tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭EvolutionNights

LIFE if it's on.

It is. Planned for the first weekend in June. Same venue as 2009.
    I think I'll go for VuuV in Germany this year or maybe Ozora in Hungary. Both psytrance festivals.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

It is. Planned for the first weekend in June. Same venue as 2009.
    Cool. Great venue and great vibe. Only thing I did not like was the psy-trance - I was just unfortunate to camp beside a group of nackers who played it on a stereo all day and night for the whole weekend. Still would love to go back. Last year it was that unbelievably hot weekend, almost unbearable...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Heading to Snowbombing, purely because it's in the snow! Airbound London Boat Party is on the weekend before so gonna go to that also.

Will go to Airbound again if it's on this year but they're having parties in Berlin and Barcelona at least, which is cool!

I'll probably head to life if they improve the line-up on last year. I dont think it warranted €100 to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

awakenings outdoor festival

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

ill be going to Mantua , electric picnic , and id love to go to sun and bass .

ill be going to Mantua , electric picnic , and id love to go to sun and bass .
    Hopefully Mantua is on after its absence last year

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

BLOC, Timewarp, Sonar, Ibiza IMS and fingers crossed, DC10 opening. Will happily go for 2 of the 5!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Gonna hopefully get to this heard amazing reports about it non commercial and no kids or knackers, if i do happen to be in Ireland will go to Liife the only festival that isn't a rip off.

http://www.bigchill.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭zega

I really wanna go the warehouse project this year,missed it in 09 and was gutted cause the lineup was unreal.
    Maybe Sibín too,looks cool from what ive seen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Not going to any of the cash sapping Irish festivals this year. Might hit Primavera in Barcelona but also thinking my money might be better spent on a proper holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Nature one for me. Just waiting for the lineup before I book flights. Have been meaning to get there the last 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sweeno69

heading over to Timewarp... has anyone that's been before got any recommendations on where to stay??

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭/\ NIGHTFLIGHT

We did the Airbound festival in Croatia last year with the likes of Ben Klock, Marcel Dettmann Jape etc [see the video below].

This year we won't be doing Croatia again, but we will be doing a series of parties in the likes of Berlin and Barcelona. The next event is the boat party in London which takes place on April 03

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Barcelona sounds great lads, please keep us updated. Will it be along the same lines as Croatia?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

Nightmare Outdoor,Ground Zero,Dominator,Decibel,Mysteryland all dutch festivals are amazing,hope to get to at least 1 of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Nature one for me. Just waiting for the lineup before I book flights. Have been meaning to get there the last 2 years

Was there last year. Brilliant. Id be booking flights soon. Went up for me last year cause I delayed. Wouldnt be worried about the line up. Just look back and see past years. Always great. Something for everybody there.

Im hoping to get back again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

Hopefully Mantua is on after its absence last year
    it will be on , got inside info on it and it will be going ahead this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Exit in Serbia is worth going to, everything is dirt cheap, and you will struggle to find better looking women anywhere else than in Novi Sad!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

are there any electronic/techno festivals on around europe along the lines of bloc, but with camping.the line up for that nature one thingy doesnt really look my cup a tea

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Slunk wrote: »
    Was there last year. Brilliant. Id be booking flights soon. Went up for me last year cause I delayed. Wouldnt be worried about the line up. Just look back and see past years. Always great. Something for everybody there.

Im hoping to get back again this year.

Did you camp? The thing thats stopping me is not knowing much about it. Dont want it to be an epic organisational fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

if i was home id most definetly be going to sibín again, but if i make dc10 closing i'l be doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭bildo

Like to go to BLOC, definitely goin to BANGFACE as my mates're playing.
    Also probably get over to UK TECH when the time comes possibly french TECH also...

Like to do things for free me :)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

If I could it would be BLOC, without a doubt... unreal lineup.

http://www.blocweekend.com/lineup.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭zega

Felixdhc wrote: »
    If I could it would be BLOC, without a doubt... unreal lineup.

http://www.blocweekend.com/lineup.html

Bloc looks **** hot,anyone here ever been?

Advertisement