Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple IPod support problem

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

mcR wrote: »
    Hi

My main worry is that my ipod will be out of warranty in early February so I could be left screwed over if they never collect it
    you have reported the fault within the warrenty period so should be covered if they fail to act for weeks/months. also you still have the right to bring it back to the shop you bought it from and insist they deal with it as they have a legally binding contract of sale with you!
    I first brought it back to DID where I bought it but they said apple will have to deal with it. Id rather just get a refund at this stage as ive been without use of my ipod for nearly 2 months and will it will soon be out of warranty and if it breaks again ill be left without a warranty

So its not just one bad experience its mine aswell and im sure im not the only one
    this is simply not true but another way for retailers to get around their legal obligation to stand over what they sell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Hi

I have the same exact problem but mine isnt as extreme. My ipod touch broke so i requested a repair in early december

The earphone jack is broken and sound only works with the left earphone, its a common ipod touch problem apparently and my second ipod touch with this problem, I returned the first one and then got my current ipod as a present

I requested a repair and they sent me out new earphones but it didn't fix the problem.It was a do it yourself repair as they called it but the new earphones didn't fix anything. I requested another repair again on the 4th of Jan and they said a courier would pick it up the new day, and am now waiting 10 business later and they haven't come to pick it up and have sent no emails, I at first thought the heavy snow as delaying the pickup but it cant be at this stage

I haven't tried ringing them yet so thats my next step but it sounds like ill have trouble just like Zikiz

My main worry is that my ipod will be out of warranty in early February so I could be left screwed over if they never collect it

I first brought it back to DID where I bought it but they said apple will have to deal with it. Id rather just get a refund at this stage as ive been without use of my ipod for nearly 2 months and will it will soon be out of warranty and if it breaks again ill be left without a warranty

So its not just one bad experience its mine aswell and im sure im not the only one

Main problem is in bold, when the warranty runs out doesn't matter, you've reported the fault.

Ring apple and find out what happened to the UPS Box.
    They'll give you the tracking number as well so you can sort it, usually its an address problem, i.e. if you live in Apartments or have a house with a name rather than a number.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    you have reported the fault within the warrenty period so should be covered if they fail to act for weeks/months. also you still have the right to bring it back to the shop you bought it from and insist they deal with it as they have a legally binding contract of sale with you!

this is simply not true but another way for retailers to get around their legal obligation to stand over what they sell!

Technically no, but your just increasing the amount of time it takes as the retailer will just do what your doing anyway. At least if you go direct your have visibility over whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mcR

Im glad my warranty will be safe then

There shouldnt be a problem with the address because they sent the earphones to be by ups to the same address so they have the correct address and have delivered to it before

Im glad my warranty will be safe then

There shouldnt be a problem with the address because they sent the earphones to be by ups to the same address so they have the correct address and have delivered to it before

Well you haven't received the box, ergo something had gone wrong with delivery.

You should get the box next day as its UPS Express.

• Advertisement

craichoe wrote: »
    Well you haven't received the box, ergo something had gone wrong with delivery.

You should get the box next day as its UPS Express.

Yeah so since their isnt a problem at my end since apple/UPS delivered to my address before its a problem at their end and not mine

Yeah so since their isnt a problem at my end since apple/UPS delivered to my address before its a problem at their end and not mine

head_in_sand.jpg

:D

craichoe wrote: »
    head_in_sand.jpg

:D

Im saying that since the same thing has happened to the original poster aswell that they promised to pick it up the next day and didn't for me and him and its been a 10 business day wait and they haven't tried to contact me and since they have my correct address and have delivered to it before that its safe to say the problem is at their end and not mine so im hardly just saying its not my problem its theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

Im saying that since the same thing has happened to the original poster aswell that they promised to pick it up the next day and didn't for me and him and its been a 10 business day wait and they haven't tried to contact me and since they have my correct address and have delivered to it before that its safe to say the problem is at their end and not mine so im hardly just saying its not my problem its theirs

have you called them in the 10 days? obviously there is a mix up somewhere and by sitting back giving out you are not really being constructive .. give them a bell and see what the problem is .... rather than wait and wait and wait and bitch and moan !!

whippet wrote: »
    have you called them in the 10 days? obviously there is a mix up somewhere and by sitting back giving out you are not really being constructive .. give them a bell and see what the problem is .... rather than wait and wait and wait and bitch and moan !!

Im hardly bitching just stating the facts! My exams are over soon so ill ring them up after that because i haven't the time to stay on the phone trying to sort it out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Im hardly bitching just stating the facts! My exams are over soon so ill ring them up after that because i haven't the time to stay on the phone trying to sort it out!
    get back to the shop you bought it from as they have an obligation to help you within a rasonable timeframe while apple do not have to do anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

too busy for a max 10 minute phone call ...yet plenty of time to come on here and moan about it !!!!

Advertisement