Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

my 510-t arrived today, and so far im kinda liking it. vaping my dk-tab, and the flavour is pretty good.. my only problem with it is i'm so used to low res attys now that it just doesn't seem powerful enough. I think I might switch between the 510-t and the Lr ego-t for the forseeable future. use the ego-t most of the time, but keep the 510-t around as backup for when my ego-t atty dies after four days heavy use.

--edit

after like an hour of vaping, i'd had to refil the 510 tank about 3 times

i do like it, but that is just irritating.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

my 510-t arrived today, and so far im kinda liking it. vaping my dk-tab, and the flavour is pretty good.. my only problem with it is i'm so used to low res attys now that it just doesn't seem powerful enough. I think I might switch between the 510-t and the Lr ego-t for the forseeable future. use the ego-t most of the time, but keep the 510-t around as backup for when my ego-t atty dies after four days heavy use.

--edit

after like an hour of vaping, i'd had to refil the 510 tank about 3 times

i do like it, but that is just irritating.

The LR 510-T does exist - http://www.heaven-gifts.com/product-333.html - so I assume they'll end up in the Irish stores soon.
    and I'm very glad I bought the slightly larger tanks - http://www.heaven-gifts.com/product-331.html - not huge but enough to satisfy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

mewso wrote: »
    The LR 510-T does exist - http://www.heaven-gifts.com/product-333.html - so I assume they'll end up in the Irish stores soon.
    and I'm very glad I bought the slightly larger tanks - http://www.heaven-gifts.com/product-331.html - not huge but enough to satisfy me.

So I have some news:
    1. 510-T LR should be for sale on the end of this week or so.

2. New Mega 510-T atomizer + Mega 510-T Tank soon (capacity about 1,2ml):
    9da73500e01b32d4med.jpg

3. New bottle tip for sale soon.
    d6e091d2a62131cd.jpg
    80d26cbc9419be1e.jpg

sweet, will definitely pick up a LR 510t when they're up

i've decided to use the 510t with my flavoured juices, coffee and watermelon and any others I pick up. the ry4, dk-tab etc im sticking with my lr egot.. seems to be working out well enough so far. I have ennough spare batteries that I have both the egot and the 510t up and running at the same time and am switching between them depending on what flavour I want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

sweet, will definitely pick up a LR 510t when they're up

i've decided to use the 510t with my flavoured juices, coffee and watermelon and any others I pick up. the ry4, dk-tab etc im sticking with my lr egot.. seems to be working out well enough so far. I have ennough spare batteries that I have both the egot and the 510t up and running at the same time and am switching between them depending on what flavour I want.

Do the eGo-T batteries fit the 510-T attys?

I notice that every time my OH reduces his nicotine levels, he vapes continuously for 2-3 days, until he adjusts to the lower nicotine levels.
    It's kinda sore on attys....

If the 510 attys last a bit longer, and fit the eGo-T batteries, I might try them.

aye, they fit the egot batteries

i'm on 11mg nicotine now, although my coffee flavour is 18mg. I pretty much chain vaped even when I had 24mg, and it just left me jittery and real nervy cos of taking in too much nicotine. I'm making more of an effort to leave breaks in between 2-3 large draws, but more often than not I just reach straight for the ecig and vape away every couple of minutes.
    I was pondering increasing the nic strength, and trying to vape less to get more life out of my attys but given past performance I'd probably just end up with too much nicotine in me and the same amount of burnt out attys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Hey all

I'm thinking of going down this route in the hope of going off the smokes, I smoke around 15-20 rollies per day, my father in law has the intelliecig but it seems to be pretty unreliable.

Two quick questions,(1) general consensus what is the best type to go for (smoking rollies I like a good hit).

(2) How many of ye have managed to stop smoking and then stop vaping..

Cheers in advance, Bryan.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/joye-ego/joye-ego-t-xl-starter-kit/prod_174.html

thats the best one to get starting off with, still the one I have and use mostly. For throat hit, afaik the higher the nicotine content of the juice the stronger the throat hit.. so for your first order maybe get a 24mg juice in whatever flavour you want. I quite like the ry4 juice, it's tobacco flavoured but with a kinda hint of something.. caramel or something sweet.

thats the best one to get starting off with, still the one I have and use mostly. For throat hit, afaik the higher the nicotine content of the juice the stronger the throat hit.. so for your first order maybe get a 24mg juice in whatever flavour you want. I quite like the ry4 juice, it's tobacco flavoured but with a kinda hint of something.. caramel or something sweet.

Cheers, but will I just be moving from cigs to vaping? I.e how hard is it to give up the vaping or have you tried?

• Advertisement

i've been vaping for about seven months now, and i'm enjoying it so no immediate plans to quit. when I stopped smoking and started vaping that was my intention, I just wanted to stop burning plant material and inhaling smoke.. my nicotine addiction I was going to leave alone because to me it wasn't the big danger about smoking.
    I do plan on stopping vaping some day, but i've no real plans.. maybe in a few months, maybe the end of the year.. maybe the year after. I quite enjoy the nicotine buzz, and I enjoy a coffee flavoured nicotine delivery system.
    If you do want to use vaping to quit nicotine altogether, you'll have to reduce the nicotine level of your juices over time and of course.. willpower. That's the area I've always failed in so i'm just not pushing the issue for the time being.

i've been vaping for about seven months now, and i'm enjoying it so no immediate plans to quit. when I stopped smoking and started vaping that was my intention, I just wanted to stop burning plant material and inhaling smoke.. my nicotine addiction I was going to leave alone because to me it wasn't the big danger about smoking.
    I do plan on stopping vaping some day, but i've no real plans.. maybe in a few months, maybe the end of the year.. maybe the year after. I quite enjoy the nicotine buzz, and I enjoy a coffee flavoured nicotine delivery system.
    If you do want to use vaping to quit nicotine altogether, you'll have to reduce the nicotine level of your juices over time and of course.. willpower. That's the area I've always failed in so i'm just not pushing the issue for the time being.

Thanks for the advice dude, it looks like the way to go so and then try to cut down on the vaping, my chest is now very bad from the rollies so something has got to give soon, unemployed atm so will have to drum up the money for the starter kit.

I'll keep you posted when I get started, thanks Bryan

once you settle on a flavour you like, you can get a 50ml bottle from thebestshop.eu for 15 euro or so, which will last you ages

I vape pretty much constantly, so while im not spending as much as I would on cigarettes I'm still spending a bit of money week by week but if you get a 50ml bottle of juice it should last you at least a month if you aren't constantly using your e-cig, and I do mean at least...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭Count Dooku

I would recommend to add normal eGo Mega Atomizer and Black Delrin Drip Tips For eGo Mega Atomizer
    eGo-t is great system, but you can get better vapor out from Drip Tip and you can use egot atomizers if you need to drive or smoke while walking

Cheers all this is a good deal more complicated than getting a pack of amber leaf.;)

Trying to get me paws on €60 bucks to get me started is my main problem atm..:(

Edit: How do ye find them with a few beers?

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

bryaner wrote: »
    Cheers all this is a good deal more complicated than getting a pack of amber leaf.;)

Trying to get me paws on €60 bucks to get me started is my main problem atm..:(

Edit: How do ye find them with a few beers?

I normally vape more when drinking..same as smoking analogs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

bryaner wrote: »
    Hey all

I'm thinking of going down this route in the hope of going off the smokes, I smoke around 15-20 rollies per day, my father in law has the intelliecig but it seems to be pretty unreliable.

Two quick questions,(1) general consensus what is the best type to go for (smoking rollies I like a good hit).

(2) How many of ye have managed to stop smoking and then stop vaping..

Cheers in advance, Bryan.

i've got the intellicig aswell as the joye 510,your right its very unreliable,battery wise i've gone through 3 batteries already some only last 2-3 weeks, though in fairness when it works its not a bad e-cig.you get 25 refills for 20 euro which last a week or more depending on how heavy you use it.

I would recommend to add normal eGo Mega Atomizer and Black Delrin Drip Tips For eGo Mega Atomizer
    eGo-t is great system, but you can get better vapor out from Drip Tip and you can use egot atomizers if you need to drive or smoke while walking

with the tank you just fill it up, and you're good to go. no fiddly dripping every time you want to vape, no having to carry a bottle of juice with you when you're going out for the night, or having to drop juice into the drip tip in the smoking area, or out in the wind. the tank is just.. so much easier.

uuuuuurgh

made a mistake while ordering, didn't order Lr egot's, just got regulars in the post.
    granted theyll last longer but ugh.. it just feels wrong at this stage to be vaping anything other than an LR

--edit

actually these are kinda nice :) I just have to take a longer draw than normal, but the flavour seems to be improved than on the LR's

just ordered some e-liquid and a new battery for my joye 510 from the best shop.does anybody know what their delivery times are like?im stuck without a working e-cig at the moment and don't want to go back to analogs for a day or two

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Normally next day probably dependent on how early/late you order and stock etc. You should have it by tomorrow.

thanks just one other thing i ordered a joye 510 b atomizer will this work with the standard joye 510?

beano345 wrote: »
    thanks just one other thing i ordered a joye 510 b atomizer will this work with the standard joye 510?

Well I've heard of an eGo 510 mega atty type B and an eGo-T type b but not a 510 b so I'm not sure what it is but every single 510 atty fits any 510 battery in my experience. The only issues that arise are with some devices that can't take the mega/eGo sized 510 but the standard Joye batteries take them all.

* sorry you mean the standard cigarette sized battery. I think they should be ok but not with a LR atty.

cheers,just on a side note all my family have converted to vaping even my father who smoked forty a day for 45 years made the transition easily,he does'nt have to use an inhaler anymore and his breathing does'nt sound like a truck going uphill in 2nd gear,i never thought i'd see him off the normal smokes.just a sucess story for anyone thinking of converting to vaping:D thanks for all the info here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Almost have all my home work done and finally getting up to speed on everything.

The liquid is my last stumbling block, I've been reading that the dekang juices are quite low quality and the finest are the Halo (by god they are pricey!).

The one you recommended Mewso, is that a Dekang based liquid?

Joye Tobacco liquid

I've gone to a few sites now and it's rarely, if ever indicated what type of juice it is.

For example..

http://www.thebestshop.eu/premium-eliquid/cat_38.html

That like all advertised juices don't state if they are dekang based or European... ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

beano345 wrote: »
    just ordered some e-liquid and a new battery for my joye 510 from the best shop.does anybody know what their delivery times are like?im stuck without a working e-cig at the moment and don't want to go back to analogs for a day or two

Next day delivery. They also are selling the 510-t starter kit now.

There will be a couple of new e-ciggy's on their site in hopefully the not so distant future, some with excellent battery life!

Dekang aren't what I would call low quality. The liquid is fine but the flavours are quite basic but it is very much in your interest to see if you take a fancy to any of their flavours (their menthol is as good as anything I've tried) as you can get their stuff in bulk for good prices. Don't think this liquid is manafactured in shed or anything. It is mass produced in state of the art labs in China to the best of my knowledge. It's cheap because it's popular and mass produced.

The Joye Tobacco liquid is not Dekang. Back when I bought my first e-cig the included carts had a generic tobacco flavour but nothing else I tried was quite the same. Then along came this stuff (as Titan Tobacco at Totally Wicked and simply Joye Tobacco on the Vapour Store) and lo and behold this was the stuff from the early days. Simple flavour with a good throat hit. I still love it.

I'm pretty sure that the Best Shop's premium liquid is Hangsen which is another Chinese manufacturer but you'll notice it's a mixture of VG and PG bases which is common among "Premium" liquids for that perfect combination of vapour production and throat hit (not that perfect really but sold as such). Liberty Flights in the UK do a wide range of Hangsen in straight PG or VG. The Hangsen stuff is more flavourful imo and well worth a look particularly if you want to find a good tobacco flavour. Plenty of options.

One tip to know where a liquid is sourced is if they don't say it's probably China. If it's sourced locally or in Europe or the US it will be in big letters as it's a selling point for many particularly in the US where xenophobia is an artform.

I probably should have worded that better, the main issue from what I gather is that consistency is lacking, batches can supposedly vary greatly .

Joye Tobacco ordered and I have a sampler of a variety of 5ml dakeng ordered, you're right though, no better judge than myself, i'll report back.

Cheers

Samba wrote: »
    I probably should have worded that better, the main issue from what I gather is that consistency is lacking, batches supposedly can vary greatly apparently.

Joye Tobacco ordered and I have a sampler of a variety of 5ml dakeng ordered, you're right though, no better judge than myself, i'll report back.

Cheers

The big problem I find is that liquid tastes different to me in the old carts with filler material versus the new tank systems so I'm kind of having to re-investigate liquids to a degree to find stuff that tastes good in the tanks. I'm far from an expert in Dekang. When I started I found the tobacco and marlboro fine but the last batch of both flavours I bought were disgusting to my taste for some reason. I really don't know if I got a bad batch, if they changed something or what but I haven't really vaped Dekang since. I still have DK Menthol which has been the one reliable from them for me.

• Advertisement

mewso wrote: »
    The big problem I find is that liquid tastes different to me in the old carts with filler material versus the new tank systems so I'm kind of having to re-investigate liquids to a degree to find stuff that tastes good in the tanks. I'm far from an expert in Dekang. When I started I found the tobacco and marlboro fine but the last batch of both flavours I bought were disgusting to my taste for some reason. I really don't know if I got a bad batch, if they changed something or what but I haven't really vaped Dekang since. I still have DK Menthol which has been the one reliable from them for me.

That's strange alright, I got Camal and Mocha VG dekang, wouldn't describe them as horrible in anyway shape or form, when the juice vapes properly (tough with 100% VG) it tastes good but nothing like what they are supposed to.

Camal is like apple light and the Mocha has a tinge of coffee but tastes more like sweet wine/candy.

I got three bottles and as I'll only need it to top off my PG when it gets here, I'd be happy to pop one in the post for you, a little thank you for all the great advice given, fire me a pm if you want to test it out.

Advertisement