Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie Boys ( Boards.ie / Irish guild ) on Shattered Hand - Horde

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Blazher wrote: »
    I am loving the interest here,

The Guild is grown nice and fast.

The plan is to get stuck in to the 10 man content, If we get enough, We can do the 25man.

We have a vent server setup already,

If we get enough active people. We will setup a website/forums and really push this. To be honest i don't see why this should not work.

Most of us have been playing WoW for years. Have been in other end game guilds. So why not have a top All Irish Raiding Guild.

If you dont feel like rerolling, Why not move your mains over.

Cheers

Uttik

stick to 10 mans tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

gonna move my hunter over when u all get closer to 80.

really cant be arsed leveling the dk to 80. pvp / instances will take forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Only trouble is if so many of you roll DK's, you can only have so many in a raid and they're pretty worthless tanks compared to Paladins/Druids/Warriors. Unless you're fairly skilled and geared, they're also rubbish at tanking heroics in pugs, having to depend/hope on the healer being very good etc.,
    I know you can be at odds with what I said but I have played one as a main for months on end since they were released and I know they just can't compare with proper more settled tanking classes.

Grand for pvp/farming though and nowt stopping you just joining and levelling for fun or dps'ing/off tanking if needed, I'm sure we'll be doing a fair bit of invading alliance towns once we've enough also :)

Don't let what I said put you off, just be aware is all that you could have a fair bit of competition for raid places if there's a load of other DK's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Couldn't disagree with you more, i <3 my DK tank, far more vesitile then my warrior tank, and the healers i know say its easier for them to heal too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

RopeDrink wrote: »
    True enough, bud ;)

I try to think longterm, though, even if the idea is a short term - I don't think I could ever enjoy a DK, 80 or not, much like why I played so many classes to find the one that fits 'me' and thankfully I found that way back at the start of TBC - My Rogue, Hunter, Paladin, Mage, Shaman are all on the backburner - My Warrior gets cracked out from time to time to break the mould but for all intensive purposes, I'm a ShadowPriest through and through. I'd happily X-Fer one over if I could, rather than re-roll, but I have no cred card and am far too lazy to pay for things online via other means.

www.3v.ie

• Advertisement

Anti wrote: »
    Couldn't disagree with you more, i <3 my DK tank, far more vesitile then my warrior tank, and the healers i know say its easier for them to heal too.

I have been the guilds main tank as DK! everything up to Togc 25.

My pally is lvl 71, So start moving your toons over :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just remembered, I cant send heirlooms to a new server, nullyfing the " bind to account"

So **** that for a game of soldiers, maybe one day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

When you guys hit 80 i will move either my DK or my hunter, will probably move over my priest too. I really cant handle leveling a new toon on another realm with no gold and having to do professions all over again. I have a nice stockpile of gold atm from selling 2 battered hilts and a huge stockpile of epic gems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Seriously, enough with the DKs we already have too many. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I have been the guilds main tank as DK! everything up to Togc 25

I'm hoping when you say that, you mean totgc 25 a good bit in? Because the reality of it is there's actually a big difference between DK tanks and GOOD DK tanks that i've seen.

On Khadgar alone there has been such a dramatic drop off of DK tanks due to the changes in the last few patches where facerollers just found it too much bother to learn their class. Then I come across a minor few who either are just natural gamers, or who have taken the time to get to know their class and generate the most threat, and the best CD management to put themselves up as viable tanks up to ICC 25 festergut downs.

There are enough people who could come on here and say "Blah blah blah is the best DPS class because in our 25 man raids, they top the charts". However the reality is that in most mediocre guilds/setups, any particular knowledgeable player can top the DPS, or nearly top the DPS, with pretty much any class. It's such a rotation in the middle guilds these days between warlocks, mages, hunters, rogues, and paladins, that anyone can be forgiven for thinking their usual top dps suspects are the best class to play.

So the same comes down to tanks - if you see a lot of bad tanks of a certain class, you tend to think "It can't handle it".

I've seen DKs and even Warrior tanks (no derogatory meaning meant there, but we all know you have certain issues atm) doing exceptionally well in the hard hitting situational fight of Festergut (Something of a test to MTs), and doing well in Rotface (Something of a test for OT's, or so I hear? It doesn't seem that hard).

So when I hit 80, I intend to dual spec dps and prot. I'll likely move my mage or warlock over as I mentioned, but tanking is something that you're either born to do in WoW, or you just don't do well. Same as healing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Anti wrote: »
    When you guys hit 80 i will move either my DK or my hunter, will probably move over my priest too. I really cant handle leveling a new toon on another realm with no gold and having to do professions all over again. I have a nice stockpile of gold atm from selling 2 battered hilts and a huge stockpile of epic gems.

This is the reason I did my 'PEE'. I'm leveling enchanting and inscription on the DK atm. It may or may not do well with money, but at least I know from selling Armor vellums (as I level), there'll be a steady enough income. The issue seems to be leveling out of the DK starting area, and doing enough quests/instances, to fund enchanting to around 225, then DE all of the stuff you get in outland, and profit.

Inscription isn't as good, but it has its uses. I've not had a 400+ inscription toon before, so I don't know what it'll be like for money making. I'll find out soon enough though. The only problem I have with it is the shoulder enchant buffs, where if I got prot, i'll be likely taking the PvP 30stam enchant over the increased dodge (relatively useless in ICC) enchant.

Going to transfer my Resto (80) Shammy over. Still levelling up the Druid (which will be Healing at 80 also) but need to take a break from levelling every now and again so will instance with the Shaman to improve his gear between levelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

hey lads, glad to see this is really taking off. shame i dont have a lvl80 horde on eu >< but if i were to level up a new char, or faction change my pally..

whats shattered hand like as a server? Im mainly referring to raid pugs, wintergrasp, community and population.

right now Im on Sylvanas, that server seems so dry/dead to me community wise. and wg is a boring "whoever is attacking always wins" scenario.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The server is much busier then my old realm anyway (Executus), so im definitely thinking of transering over one of my lvl80's once i get paid next month. €40 quid though, for the server then faction change, is quite expensive. Blizzard are really milking the game for all its worth.

I have been the guilds main tank as DK! everything up to Togc 25.

My pally is lvl 71, So start moving your toons over :D

ive seen your gear :p , no way you tanked anub ect in TOGC 25, successfully anyways !! ;)

DarthWraak wrote: »
    hey lads, glad to see this is really taking off. shame i dont have a lvl80 horde on eu >< but if i were to level up a new char, or faction change my pally..

whats shattered hand like as a server? Im mainly referring to raid pugs, wintergrasp, community and population.

right now Im on Sylvanas, that server seems so dry/dead to me community wise. and wg is a boring "whoever is attacking always wins" scenario.

Raid pugs are going all the time and ICC 10 is done aswell, not sure how successfully doh :D , WG is dominated by the horde and server pop is about 65-35 Horde Id say

• Registered Users Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I have an 80 mage I could transfer and a 67 Priest I am levelling atm, both alliance unfortunately. I'd love to be part of an Irish guild and leave the muppet kiddies behind for good.

TechnoPool wrote: »
    ive seen your gear :p , no way you tanked anub ect in TOGC 25, successfully anyways !! ;)

I never said i did, I said UP TO :D

We had a Pally tank him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I assume faction transfer is seperate from realm migration?

ye you have to pay twice
    I never said i did, I said UP TO

We had a Pally tank him.

Druid Tanks is where its at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

They are indeed. It'd cost about €45 to do them both. I was considering doing it, but I think Blizzard should allow a faction change with a realm change.

Why would they though? People (myself included) are still willing to transfer across server/faction, earning them €45 for **** all work. This is one of the many reasons why they'll never allow other classes to start at a higher level.

It really is a lot though, which is why i'm not sure ill do it.

Might transfer my DK over and get him geared, yes...another dk. But it was the first char I dinged to 80, and I left him sitting there for months.

Might be something handy to do when theres nothing going down on my server.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭settings

Hey guys,

I quit wow about 1 year ago but have been messing around with a trial account lately (very stupid of me:p). Half thinking of reactivating my account - i got a 70 hunter and druid. If I did activate I would love to transfer over to boardsie boys.
    Many here do Pvp? bg/arenas? got 120k kills between the two - quite partial to killing the pink skins

For those of you thinking about transferring over and the cost etc., You don't really have too, or don't feel the need you have too. Remember there are still a lot of people levelling up (myself inc on the Druid) and there will be plenty of time to gear up a new toon once you hit 80.
    I know it's an arse to level up another character again from scratch but you might enjoy it a lot this time playing with others from Ireland.

The whole game to buy now is fairly cheap also so keep that in mind with regards Refer a Friend, would probably be cheaper than transferring one of your characters over if a few of you referred each other and levelled together. Just a thought anyway.

Loving the live stream :D

I just got a **** load of moneyz, so might transfer my death knight over soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Stream is ace! Have been putting off levelling my 'Lock, might have another go again tonight, there's are feck all guilds on Terokkar I can level with and pugging BRD is gettting to be a pain in th ass.

EDIT: Its a PVP server RD

pvp ye

Having started as a Warrior, i think i will stick to levelling my Mage now. Plenty of DK's, so we'll have no shortage of (mediocre) tanks. Plus, i enjoy the pew pew of it all :P Then maybe get a load of Heirlooms and level the tank at a later stage.

I would hope to get big into PvP once i do eventually get to 80. I could only ever stomach a small bit of raiding, but maybe with a decent group of people who i actually like, it might be a bit different. Would be interesting to try PvP as a mage as well. Only ever really PvP'd as a Rogue, and i guess it would be fun/annoying to re-learn my hatred for Rogues as a clothy.

• Advertisement

Hey all,

Just to clear some stuff up,

The hole point of the guild is, For all IRISH people spread out over all the realms in other guilds. To come and join together and show what IRISH might is all about :D

A place where Irish humor can shine. I want this guild to be a real contender and also a fun place.

I am a major fan of PVE and PVP, So dont worry, We will be doing both.

As for rerolling on the server, Ladies/gents please roll a toon that will make you happy. if you want to transfer your old toons by all means do that,

if you start a lvl 1, Dont worry we will help you get to 80 asap.

But before you come, Please take some things in to account,

We are building the guild around a our own economy, Meaning, we will want for nothing. (or as less as nothing) The guild bank will be used to support each other in lvling trade skills, Gem/Enchs etc

We will not be selling stuff to each other. Saying this, Do not think it will be a free ride, We expect people to do there own little bit to help out.

Lads/Ladies One For All And All For One

Cheers

Uttik

Advertisement