Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

belmac gear

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

iano93 wrote: »
    I am considering purchasing a tanker myself under the grant scheme. I dont no much about tankers myself but the person i was talking to is an agent for belmac and major. He reckons major are made of much better stuff and are a better tanker all round. The one we were looking at had big floatation tyres on it and he says they are a great job when travelling on wet ground.:D

which grant scheme are you talking about ???

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭iano93

irish_bob wrote: »
    which grant scheme are you talking about ???
    Its a 40% grant available for machinery if u are an organic farmer!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭iano93

bk1991 wrote: »
    how big wheels ?
    500x60x22.5 on a 1100g major tanker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

iano93 wrote: »
    Ya i know the one your talking about its closed alright! Tis the one if you are in organics. It closed there a few months back but it opened again now.:) Well for a 1100 gallon major on big floatation tyres they list @ about 7000 odd, lights brakes incl.! How does that compare to a belmac?
    jesus thats sounds desperate expensive for that size tank, dont know the new price of belmac but was lokking at a 2nd hand 1350 gallon which was no where near that, like i say if a lad will put it out for you at 100 euro a bay its hard to justify 7k

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭dasheriff

jesus thats sounds desperate expensive for that size tank, dont know the new price of belmac but was lokking at a 2nd hand 1350 gallon which was no where near that, like i say if a lad will put it out for you at 100 euro a bay its hard to justify 7k
    That is the price of them alright but my advice to you is to buy a nice second hand..
    I bought a 7 year old 1600 hundred gallon hispec a few years ago for €4500 with brand new oversized wheels and shes a great manhine, iv had no bother atall with it..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

dasheriff wrote: »
    That is the price of them alright but my advice to you is to buy a nice second hand..
    I bought a 7 year old 1600 hundred gallon hispec a few years ago for €4500 with brand new oversized wheels and shes a great manhine, iv had no bother atall with it..

do you mean the really big balloon type wheels ? was looking at 1600 gallon abbey also but the wheels werent that big and i thought she might be severe on ground, that said my 1100 gallon has v narrow wheels so thats probably worse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭cjpm

Our tanker could do with bigger wheels, so i was thinking about rebuilding it at some stage. She's a 1600 gal and there is some space between the tank and the current tyres, but the tank is not cut out for the wheel arches so my options are limited.

Any ideas where i might pick up a second hand axle with wide wheels and floatation tyres?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭John_F

KoNiT wrote: »
    HI, yes galvanising has been available for a while.. Major been galving 2050 tankers for years, mainly export

John_F
    Tanker manufactured by http://www.major-equipment.com/ based in Mayo. They export too!!
    Yellow hose... ah now, that would be telling.. have a guess :)

F.D.
    That tanker would be road legal.... empty :) but some farmers are not worried about road as their area wouldn't require it, huge farms..

but are they all manufactured in mayo... they have offices inn Lancs in the UK and also in Deutshland.. like if a machine was to be sold inn the uk maybe they would make it to size here, ship it over with all the fittings, dip it and put on the fittings?? just a thought as i remember the fella who put up our shed last year visited the largest dipping bath in the uk... cant remember what size though

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭fanadman1

bk1991 wrote: »
    this is our 1150 gal belmac we got it just before the money changed from pound to euro .it is on bigger wheels than normal ,i put the front 2inch outlet and worklights on my self . good thank all round

DFFA1342CBD848BBA11D460E38A33E6F-500.jpg

F3338603BB034295B72BA7E3E2C6A182-500.jpg

B94B8AB70017408FB456E92876C077E8-500.jpg
    how did u wire up the lights to the tractor ?? im thinking of doin a similer thing with my major 1400 and also a beacon if u can be any help with that thank u :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭valtra8150

belmac nice tanker and very easy pulled and ridesnice whn empty we have a 2550 belmac used to pull it wi a landini 10000s not a bother on it. i also use a 1650 belmac the odd time for a lad there a lovely size. pumps are awful quik on the belmac i think it a 10 liter or somthing like that. in regaurs to dryan Planning on upgrading to one of the belmac 1600 gal tanks in the next few years do think belmac do a 1600 it would have to be a 1650.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I think I might have a belmac agitator, anyone on hear know where to get parts for it, I need a new propeller before 15 jan?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭valtra8150

blue5000 wrote: »
    I think I might have a belmac agitator, anyone on hear know where to get parts for it, I need a new propeller before 15 jan?
    id try belmac them self's at 090 6457319 or if your round the west of ireland try McHales farm machinery kilmane at 09333326 they have a lot of parts for slurry equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭stanflt

great value for money tankers and easily pulled
    017ek.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us013ie.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

fanadman1 wrote: »
    how did u wire up the lights to the tractor ?? im thinking of doin a similer thing with my major 1400 and also a beacon if u can be any help with that thank u :)

blue wire on 7pin plug is for fog lights but is spare so used it for worklights and have switched live on the 3pin plug of tractor .

• Registered Users Posts: 17 grassman90

dryan is youre belmac agitator the later model with the quick coupling,i looked at one on a farm locally the farmer told me he blocked his but he is using unchoped bales ,it was easy to clear open two bolts the pipe slides up .i have the original model 20 years old it blocks very difficult to clear it shears bolts for fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Round Bale

Thing about Belmac, is they are a good bit cheaper than any of the competition like Major, Abbey etc. That's on both tankers and toppers.
    Belmac fully offset topper €1500. Abbey or Major nearer to €2500. Big difference.
    Why? Is the Belmac stuff lighter steel all round? Does their stuff last as good as others?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭bog_savage

Belmac is cheaper because you are buying direct from manufacturer and not paying for lads in suits or shiny glass show rooms . He uses the same bolt on parts as the other manufacturers and the same thickness steel , I bought a 2000gl tank years ago from him , A lad in a suit warned me about belmac using lighter steel, "our tank is the best on the market and is made from 6mm stamped British steel , belmac uses lighter stuff and is not reinforced" So I went to Belmount and he showed me tanks being built , raw unpainted tanks were stamped british steel , were 6mm and were reinforced ,
    Since that I bought a topper and agitator from him ,
    FU*K lying bas***ds in suits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

bc130 wrote: »
    Lads keep away from hi-spec anyway. i was drawing a few loads a couple years back and this happened. there wos some bang when it happened.:D
    phonepics081.jpg

You got the makings of a muck spreader there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭loveta

bog_savage wrote: »
    Belmac is cheaper because you are buying direct from manufacturer and not paying for lads in suits or shiny glass show rooms . He uses the same bolt on parts as the other manufacturers and the same thickness steel , I bought a 2000gl tank years ago from him , A lad in a suit warned me about belmac using lighter steel, "our tank is the best on the market and is made from 6mm stamped British steel , belmac uses lighter stuff and is not reinforced" So I went to Belmount and he showed me tanks being built , raw unpainted tanks were stamped british steel , were 6mm and were reinforced ,
    Since that I bought a topper and agitator from him ,
    FU*K lying bas***ds in suits

In the process of buying a 1600 tank on 30.5 wheels recessed have done alot of looking at ones and to be honest there is night and day between belmac and abbey there is NO chassis on a belmac where on the eco abbey its 150mm and the commercial spec its 300mm and thats only the start of it but ya have to compare like with like not just price but mick will sell straight out the door cutting out the middle man unlike other manafact s

Advertisement