Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

belmac gear

Options
  • 12-01-2010 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭

anyone own a belmac tank, or how do ye rate them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

anyone own a belmac tank, or how do ye rate them?

A cousin of mine bought a 1300gal with oversized tyres last year. Its a nice tanker and wasone of the cheapest on the market at the time. I have used it a couple of times and its well balanced with a load, the brakes are good, it fills as fast as anything else I've ever used and the paint was that nice shiney stuff that is toughened to make it last longer.

Only fault is that its made from lighter steel than my Major tank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

ya they look a nice enough tank, thats about the size i would be interested in also, how much roughly do they cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

ya they look a nice enough tank, thats about the size i would be interested in also, how much roughly do they cost?

I don't know exactly what they cost, but i will find out and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭dryan

i own one - 1300 gal tank - have it nearly 10 years now. Could do with the wider wheels as i have some boggy land that i spread slurry on the odd year.

Planning on upgrading to one of the belmac 1600 gal tanks in the next few years - will have a chat with him to see can they be fitted with those large flotation wheels.

dryan wrote: »
    i own one - 1300 gal tank - have it nearly 10 years now. Could do with the wider wheels as i have some boggy land that i spread slurry on the odd year.

Planning on upgrading to one of the belmac 1600 gal tanks in the next few years - will have a chat with him to see can they be fitted with those large flotation wheels.
    as far as i can see from pictures they dont have a pipe straight from pump to top of tank, there is another bit inbetween, this is the same on my current abbey tank, where as some tanks like the conor tanks seem to have a pipe straight from pump to tanker, i have been told that this isnt a great job as some slurry can escape the little ball at the top of the tank and make its way to the pump, not sure how right or wrong that is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭goondakid

dryan wrote: »

ya lad u can get the 1600gallon tanker on the big wheels some job they'd float anywhere:)

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

goondakid wrote: »
    ya lad u can get the 1600gallon tanker on the big wheels some job they'd float anywhere:)

this is our 1150 gal belmac we got it just before the money changed from pound to euro .it is on bigger wheels than normal ,i put the front 2inch outlet and worklights on my self . good thank all round

DFFA1342CBD848BBA11D460E38A33E6F-500.jpg

F3338603BB034295B72BA7E3E2C6A182-500.jpg

B94B8AB70017408FB456E92876C077E8-500.jpg

this is the tanker i was on about earlier
    the 1600 on big wheels
    IMG_0807.JPG

goondakid wrote: »
    this is the tanker i was on about earlier
    the 1600 on big wheels
    IMG_0807.JPG

thats nice bit gear how much they sellin for ?

bk1991 wrote: »
    thats nice bit gear how much they sellin for ?

Not a clu lad i was workin there durin the summer and i came across one lik this.... the reason the lad brought it was because he was in a flat wet area he was vey happy wit it.... we hav 2500gallon tanker ourselves and were very happy wit it can't fault them its about 12 years old i think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bc130

Lads keep away from hi-spec anyway. i was drawing a few loads a couple years back and this happened. there wos some bang when it happened.:D
    phonepics081.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

the tires on it don't seem to be lgp, just big tires to make it easier pulled. hard to see from picture

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Sisu200

bc130 wrote: »
    Lads keep away from hi-spec anyway. i was drawing a few loads a couple years back and this happened. there wos some bang when it happened.:D
    phonepics081.jpg

How many gallons she hold now?;) this is getting common with the older tankess, Belmac make nice stuff, good value too, have a Belamc side slinger, its a good machine, well balanced

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

I'll be on a 2400 belmac again for the pu season starting tomorrow. Cannot fault it,pump is good,vanes have been done twice on it and it's perfect.Only slight flaw is when fully loaded it can get bouncy on certain roads.Other than that it's brilliant in the field,very easy pull.
    Enjoy if you purchase:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

How come the inside of these tanks doesn't rust.
    Surely if they are not galvanised they would.

Would it not be worth paying the extra bit and getting them galvanised? :rolleyes:

pakalasa wrote: »
    How come the inside of these tanks doesn't rust.
    Surely if they are not galvanised they would.

Would it not be worth paying the extra bit and getting them galvanised? :rolleyes:

All new tanks have their insides painted with thick anti corrosive paint.No Irish made tankers above 1600 gallons can be galvanised now since 2006 as there is no bath big enough to dip them.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭KoNiT

No Irish made tankers above 1600 gallons can be galvanised now since 2006 as there is no bath big enough to dip

Wrong..

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭dryan

I also have the Belmac Agitator and am not very happy with it. Using chopped baled silage, it does sometimes break my heart having to lift it out and free up the blockage caused by bits of silage....and then start all over again!

Not familiar with any of the other Belmac products - i'll leave that to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭John_F

KoNiT wrote: »
    Wrong..

Wrong to you :P :P the rain gun and english plates and 7930 johnn deere would tell me otherwise :P sexy tank though, whats the yellow pipe on the side going from the top to the bottom for??

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭F.D

a bit off topic but that Major 3100 with a single axle is this actually legal to carry a full load along the road with the weight that would be in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

A neighbour has a 2008-purchased Cross 2250 gallon galvanised tank. Are you saying this was not galvanised in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

A neighbour has a 2008-purchased Cross 2250 gallon galvanised tank. Are you saying this was not galvanised in Ireland?

i saw a hi spec 2000 gallon galavanised tank less than six weeks ago for sale with one of the local dealers , no bath big enough to dip them ???????????

irish_bob wrote: »
    i saw a hi spec 2000 gallon galavanised tank less than six weeks ago for sale with one of the local dealers , no bath big enough to dip them ???????????

:)as far as I'm aware Ireland has no bath big enough to dip them,the previous bath was in offaly I think.I've emailed the general manager of Major to spill the beans so we'll see what the story is:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭KoNiT

HI, yes galvanising has been available for a while.. Major been galving 2050 tankers for years, mainly export

John_F
    Tanker manufactured by http://www.major-equipment.com/ based in Mayo. They export too!!
    Yellow hose... ah now, that would be telling.. have a guess :)

F.D.
    That tanker would be road legal.... empty :) but some farmers are not worried about road as their area wouldn't require it, huge farms..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

There is an article in this weeks Farmers Journal (page 32 - Building section) about uprights on newly built farm buildings starting to rust even though only built recently under the 'farm waste management'.
    These were galvanised but slurry already starting to rust them at the ground.
    That tanker shown earlier that caved in probably did because of rust on the inside. After all the most you draw with a vacuum is 1 bar - can't overpresurise it.

those galvanised tankers are serious money though, for someone like myself its hard to justify big money on a tanker, will only have 8 bays to empty and contractor will do for 100 euro per bay, still its very handy have your own tank so you go to work when it suits you

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭iano93

I am considering purchasing a tanker myself under the grant scheme. I dont no much about tankers myself but the person i was talking to is an agent for belmac and major. He reckons major are made of much better stuff and are a better tanker all round. The one we were looking at had big floatation tyres on it and he says they are a great job when travelling on wet ground.:D

iano93 wrote: »
    I am considering purchasing a tanker myself under the grant scheme. I dont no much about tankers myself but the person i was talking to is an agent for belmac and major. He reckons major are made of much better stuff and are a better tanker all round. The one we were looking at had big floatation tyres on it and he says they are a great job when travelling on wet ground.:D
    what kinda money are the major tanks going for now, didnt think that grant scheme was still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭iano93

what kinda money are the major tanks going for now, didnt think that grant scheme was still available?
    Ya i know the one your talking about its closed alright! Tis the one if you are in organics. It closed there a few months back but it opened again now.:) Well for a 1100 gallon major on big floatation tyres they list @ about 7000 odd, lights brakes incl.! How does that compare to a belmac?

• Advertisement

iano93 wrote: »
    Ya i know the one your talking about its closed alright! Tis the one if you are in organics. It closed there a few months back but it opened again now.:) Well for a 1100 gallon major on big floatation tyres they list @ about 7000 odd, lights brakes incl.! How does that compare to a belmac?

how big wheels ?

Advertisement