Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Never heard of him.

Its totally out of character for Cragen to be caught in a "compromising" position like that, but he could have been tricked (still unlikely)or drugged ? Interesting how that storyline will play out.

Is it normal to have a 2 hour start to the season premiere? Wow!

I am still looking at any old/new episodes I have a chance to view, (withdrawal symptoms:(),

Did ye vote for the best episode on the "Universal" website?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,506 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paget Brewster (Prentiss in Criminal Minds) is to play an ADA in Season 14 opener

Looking forward to the new season.Airing on in the states on Sept 26, don't know what date in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

jimmyw wrote: »
    Looking forward to the new season.Airing on in the states on Sept 26, don't know what date in the UK.

Are they bringing Stabler back???

• Advertisement

I wouldn't have thought so, why would they? unless you know something different?

He has left the show since before the last season.

Anyone watching Benson's best?.Probably only me:o.I must say I am engrossed:) even though I saw a few of them already so far.

I voted on the site twice;) and I am waiting to see if my choice is number one, possibly not:p.

I must say though, watching the four already, they are all equally worthy of been in the top ten but I think you cannot vote any of the shows to be better or worse because they are all brilliant.

What do you mean "probably only me"? I am recording them but only saw number 10 so far.

I am really amazed at how much they are attempting to spoil the episodes, it's like they put together the clips especially for that purpose... showing who the killer is etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

Anyone watching Benson's best?.Probably only me:o.I must say I am engrossed:) even though I saw a few of them already so far.

I voted on the site twice;) and I am waiting to see if my choice is number one, possibly not:p.

I must say though, watching the four already, they are all equally worthy of been in the top ten but I think you cannot vote any of the shows to be better or worse because they are all brilliant.

What episode did you vote for?

What do you mean "probably only me"?

Well I tend to like programmes that only a minority of people like :p and judging by the amount of posting on this thread, it went along with that view;).
    What episode did you vote for?

Well I voted for the episode "911" where they had a race against time to find a young girl who kept ringing back from a unknown location to talk to Benson.

But I really find it hard to vote any episode to be no 1, they are all that good.

• Advertisement

Well I tend to like programmes that only a minority of people like :p and judging by the amount of posting on this thread, it went along with that view;).

Well I voted for the episode "911" where they had a race against time to find a young girl who kept ringing back from a unknown location to talk to Benson.

But I really find it hard to vote any episode to be no 1, they are all that good.

I didn't vote but that was the same episode I was thinking to be no 1. it is the best episode.

911 got number 2 so I wonder what is number 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ah good epsidoe but ive seen this one loads of times :(, Im a fan of SVU but the problem is its on about three different channels everynight.

Jeez,that number 2 was heavy stuff......

So the winner..........
    "Undercover".Not exactly my choice, but it is democracy at work

Ah good epsidoe but ive seen this one loads of times :(, Im a fan of SVU but the problem is its on about three different channels everynight.

Yeah, two on tv3 on thursday nights, and universal every night at 11, and 10 on weekends.

See I am sad..........................:p

Yeah, two on tv3 on thursday nights, and universal every night at 11, and 10 on weekends.

See I am sad..........................:p

Im fair sure your missing out on a few there, I know theres certainly a few other channels that show it aswell. But you have got the main ones :pac:.

I don't really understand how Fin just happened to get a job the same time as Liv went undercover in the prison, slightly off a bit

It's on Quest also and again on Universal again in the early hours of the morning, it's on a number of times altogether.

We should be delighted it's on so much. They inexplicably quit showing L&O: Criminal Intent recently... no channel on Sky has it now. I can only hope they bring it back some time.

I can't understand the obsession with CSI in popular culture, I find it quite boring compared to Law and Order shows or even Criminal Minds.

It's on Quest also and again on Universal again in the early hours of the morning, it's on a number of times altogether.

We should be delighted it's on so much. They inexplicably quit showing L&O: Criminal Intent recently... no channel on Sky has it now. I can only hope they bring it back some time.

I can't understand the obsession with CSI in popular culture, I find it quite boring compared to Law and Order shows or even Criminal Minds.

Ah no im not complaining at all its my go to programme at night really, but the the top ten countdown was a bit redundant since id seen them all countless times :).

I think CSI has its place although in saying that I only like the original CSI Las Vegas.

**Just an update**

The première Double episode of Season 14 is on in the US on the 26th,(NBC) but over in this side of the world we have to wait until the 14th of October,(Universal) when Cragen goes to prison.

Only kidding:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

I'll either be watching it live stream or as soon as it's available online. There's no possible way I could wait another month, I'm counting down the days.

Can you tell that I'm excited? :)

I'll either be watching it live stream or as soon as it's available online. There's no possible way I could wait another month, I'm counting down the days.

If you were that much of a fan you'd watch it the legit way, that's how they make revenue you know.

It makes no difference to me whether I watch it this month or next (two and a half weeks difference) because I'm not five years old. Only thing is I'll have to avoid message boards because of people spoiling it.

I'll come across alot of spoilers no matter where I go online so I'm going to watch it when it airs, it makes me no less of a fan, and I'll be watching the premiere here too so that I can record it.

I've got all the seasons on dvd and a fair amount of merchandise, so watching a 2 hour show a little early is hardly that bad.

I can tell you are excited yeah :).How are you able to stream it? and were from?

Not that I will do it, I am faithful to the show on tv:)

I was just browsing around the universal channel website, and by sheer coincidence a trailer comes on the tv channel itself saying that it was airing on the 14th.Weird?

I used to stream it from NBC, but I most likely won't because it's on late. I'll probably get it the next day from watch-series.

It's not that I'm being less faithful to the show, but sites I use have friends from the States or otherwise that will watch it online anyway and there will undoubtedly have spoilers, so I'd rather see for myself.

Looking forward to seeing Paget Brewster in it this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Its only another two weeks - but looking forward to it already. Sundays will be busy but Downtown should be nearly finished by then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Kicks off tonight on NBC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Double bill to start the season - wraps it up quite nicely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

I wouldn't have thought so, why would they? unless you know something different?

He has left the show since before the last season.

Which is when I will stop watching the show on Universal and Channel 5, tbh, it's slid into the melodrama that Criminal Intent was so fond of...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Enjoyed that. A good strong plot line that twisted nicely. I wonder if some of the new characters brought in for the big opener are semi-regulars this series or will disappear. I'd like them to get back to solid one-off case stories fairly rapid.

I think the reason that SVU persisted as all the other L&O franchises perished is because they kept up a higher standard of casting - and kept what they had for longer - not just Benson and Stabler, but also Fin, Munch, Cregan etc. The new(ish) people are also pretty damned good. My only worry is that Amaro is being turned into Stabler Mark 2 - conflicted, explosive, trouble at home etc.

The strength of the Benson-Stabler dynamic was that Benson functioned as our empathy for the victims; Stabler our righteous anger at the perpetrators. Maybe they think that dynamic is the key to the series, but I'd like to see Amaro go more his own way. Too much like Stabler and he feels like a retread.

Will this be repeated at any stage during the week? Missed it :(.

Will this be repeated at any stage during the week? Missed it :(.

No the previous posters are streaming it from NBC.The new season is not on tv over here until the 14th of the month on the "Universal" channel.

I assume you are talking abut the new 14th season?

No the previous posters are streaming it from NBC.The new season is not on tv over here until the 14th of the month on the "Universal" channel.

I assume you are talking abut the new 14th season?

Ah right yeh I was talking about the new season thanks for that, thought sky had never sent me my never miss reminder :o.

Congrats!!...300th episode tonight!

Congrats!!...300th episode tonight!

Which one is that, the new season?

• Advertisement

Which one is that, the new season?

Tonights episode....in the US :)

Oh right, got ya cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Well if you ask me (which no one did;)) I think Amaro is turning into a bit like Stabler, maybe worse.Like the way he pulled a gun on Cassidy in the toilets last week (I don't think Stabler would have done that) and him thinking that his colleagues dont trust him when they were discussing the case around the table, getting defensive.

Will Cragen retire with a fat pension?...................................I'd say it will drag out a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

The show's back to doing what it does best - strong one-off stories with the other stuff bubbling in the background rather than dominating. Neat touch in the last episode to hark back to a show from the beginning of the series (damn, Mariska was heart-stopping back in the day).

They're slowly reuniting Benson and Amaro, which suggests the show-runners feel that the female lead = empathy/sympathy, male lead = anger/vengeance dynamic is the key to the show. They still seem to be struggling a bit to delineate Amaro as a character.

That said, I'm amazed at the standard the show maintains after 13 seasons in terms of acting and scripts. The other L&O franchises made some lousy casting decisions, but SVU with Pino and Giddish keep things kicking along nicely.

• Advertisement

I agree that Amaro and Giddish are amazing, however I liked the final L&O cast as a whole and Nichols and Stevens also.

I saw the third episode last night and thought it wasn't a great one. The girl was a hopeless actress - her constant eye movements were really weird, the SVU team coerced and in the end forced her to say she was raped, the collar marks were extremely unrealistic and ridiculous - she would be long strangled before something that wide would even leave a mark. I thought it was boring, not a whole lot happened.

NBC has ordered two extra episodes for this season = 24: http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/nbc-orders-2-additional-episodes-of-law-order-svu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

I still enjoy Law & Order SVU but I miss Elliot Stabler and I also miss Dr. Wong.

I had to dig this thread up deep from the archives:D, but season 14 resumes tonight at 10, Universal Channel.EP 10.Took them long enough after Chrimbo.

I had to dig this thread up deep from the archives:D, but season 14 resumes tonight at 10, Universal Channel.EP 10.Took them long enough after Chrimbo.

yeah but there was that storm in the US that interrupted filming.

I liked Sunday's episode, some nice twists and drama. The idea of the initial suspect being Fin's brother in law seemed a bit forced and pointless though. Slightly below average for SVU but that's still good.

Feck missed the opening episode again, off I go to set the sky+ :o.

yeah but there was that storm in the US that interrupted filming.

I liked Sunday's episode, some nice twists and drama. The idea of the initial suspect being Fin's brother in law seemed a bit forced and pointless though. Slightly below average for SVU but that's still good.

But is that not the norm for the show? The most obvious suspect is questioned first (maybe whacked about by Stabler, when he was there:p).Then eventually someone that was not obvious initially, turns out to have done the crime.

But is that not the norm for the show? The most obvious suspect is questioned first (maybe whacked about by Stabler, when he was there:p).Then eventually someone that was not obvious initially, turns out to have done the crime.

That wasn't the main crime of the episode however.

Looks like the show is doing a RiRi/Chris Brown parody....the acting is really Shiite on this show!

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Law-Order-SVU-Kills-Rihanna-on-Chris-Brown-Episode-Video-333720.shtml

Looks like the show is doing a RiRi/Chris Brown parody....the acting is really Shiite on this show!

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Law-Order-SVU-Kills-Rihanna-on-Chris-Brown-Episode-Video-333720.shtml

What are you on about? It's not a parody at all, a parody is something completely different. Law and Order has stories "ripped from the headlines" but there is zero element of "parody" to it. I suggest you look the word up. It's not "supposed" to be Rihanna either, it's just mirroring something in the headlines without meant to be that exact person/situation.

And the acting in this show is incredibly good you numpty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement