Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Will this be repeated at any stage during the week? Missed it :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Will this be repeated at any stage during the week? Missed it :(.

No the previous posters are streaming it from NBC.The new season is not on tv over here until the 14th of the month on the "Universal" channel.

I assume you are talking abut the new 14th season?

jimmyw wrote: »
    No the previous posters are streaming it from NBC.The new season is not on tv over here until the 14th of the month on the "Universal" channel.

I assume you are talking abut the new 14th season?

Ah right yeh I was talking about the new season thanks for that, thought sky had never sent me my never miss reminder :o.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Congrats!!...300th episode tonight!

Congrats!!...300th episode tonight!

Which one is that, the new season?

• Advertisement

Which one is that, the new season?

Tonights episode....in the US :)

Oh right, got ya cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Well if you ask me (which no one did;)) I think Amaro is turning into a bit like Stabler, maybe worse.Like the way he pulled a gun on Cassidy in the toilets last week (I don't think Stabler would have done that) and him thinking that his colleagues dont trust him when they were discussing the case around the table, getting defensive.

Will Cragen retire with a fat pension?...................................I'd say it will drag out a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

The show's back to doing what it does best - strong one-off stories with the other stuff bubbling in the background rather than dominating. Neat touch in the last episode to hark back to a show from the beginning of the series (damn, Mariska was heart-stopping back in the day).

They're slowly reuniting Benson and Amaro, which suggests the show-runners feel that the female lead = empathy/sympathy, male lead = anger/vengeance dynamic is the key to the show. They still seem to be struggling a bit to delineate Amaro as a character.

That said, I'm amazed at the standard the show maintains after 13 seasons in terms of acting and scripts. The other L&O franchises made some lousy casting decisions, but SVU with Pino and Giddish keep things kicking along nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I agree that Amaro and Giddish are amazing, however I liked the final L&O cast as a whole and Nichols and Stevens also.

I saw the third episode last night and thought it wasn't a great one. The girl was a hopeless actress - her constant eye movements were really weird, the SVU team coerced and in the end forced her to say she was raped, the collar marks were extremely unrealistic and ridiculous - she would be long strangled before something that wide would even leave a mark. I thought it was boring, not a whole lot happened.

NBC has ordered two extra episodes for this season = 24: http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/nbc-orders-2-additional-episodes-of-law-order-svu/

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

I still enjoy Law & Order SVU but I miss Elliot Stabler and I also miss Dr. Wong.

I had to dig this thread up deep from the archives:D, but season 14 resumes tonight at 10, Universal Channel.EP 10.Took them long enough after Chrimbo.

I had to dig this thread up deep from the archives:D, but season 14 resumes tonight at 10, Universal Channel.EP 10.Took them long enough after Chrimbo.

yeah but there was that storm in the US that interrupted filming.

I liked Sunday's episode, some nice twists and drama. The idea of the initial suspect being Fin's brother in law seemed a bit forced and pointless though. Slightly below average for SVU but that's still good.

Feck missed the opening episode again, off I go to set the sky+ :o.

yeah but there was that storm in the US that interrupted filming.

I liked Sunday's episode, some nice twists and drama. The idea of the initial suspect being Fin's brother in law seemed a bit forced and pointless though. Slightly below average for SVU but that's still good.

But is that not the norm for the show? The most obvious suspect is questioned first (maybe whacked about by Stabler, when he was there:p).Then eventually someone that was not obvious initially, turns out to have done the crime.

But is that not the norm for the show? The most obvious suspect is questioned first (maybe whacked about by Stabler, when he was there:p).Then eventually someone that was not obvious initially, turns out to have done the crime.

That wasn't the main crime of the episode however.

Looks like the show is doing a RiRi/Chris Brown parody....the acting is really Shiite on this show!

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Law-Order-SVU-Kills-Rihanna-on-Chris-Brown-Episode-Video-333720.shtml

Looks like the show is doing a RiRi/Chris Brown parody....the acting is really Shiite on this show!

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Law-Order-SVU-Kills-Rihanna-on-Chris-Brown-Episode-Video-333720.shtml

What are you on about? It's not a parody at all, a parody is something completely different. Law and Order has stories "ripped from the headlines" but there is zero element of "parody" to it. I suggest you look the word up. It's not "supposed" to be Rihanna either, it's just mirroring something in the headlines without meant to be that exact person/situation.

And the acting in this show is incredibly good you numpty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

That wasn't a particularly great episode but the Chris Brown comparisons are in the fans own minds. It could equally be based on Bobby Brown/Whitney or Ike and Tina Turner for those of us with long enough memories.

....the acting is really Shiite on this show!

Come again....?????

^ based on those vids they only thing I could think of was a parody, as the acting was so Shiite I laughed, it was just too funny, ergo I thought the show must be taking the piss.

^ based on those vids they only thing I could think of was a parody, as the acting was so Shiite I laughed, it was just too funny, ergo I thought the show must be taking the piss.

You're seriously basing your acting opinion of a show on a 10 second commercial? :confused: I knew you were a bit of a troll before but this is a bit much even for you.

One thing I will say is that the voiceover guy is terrible there and does sound a bit over the top and almost like he is doing a parody. I never trust ads to tell me anything about how good a show is anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,959 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Liv's mystery man is Cassidy

renewed for next year.....think this is season 193 or something........

A bit premature but Season 15 starts in the UK/Ireland on October 20th.One cast member exits though this season,
    Richard Belzer aka Sergeant Munch

He was not in it much over the last season anyway.Good character though, its a pity if its true........

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Oh good can't wait to see the new series. But I still miss Elliot Stabler from it. Maybe... he might make a return.

Tonights the night.........:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I have watched the first four eps of the new season. Is it just me or has this show lost its grit. Its seems too polished these days. Since Stabler left it just seems too safe and predicable......

frAg

Advertisement