Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 AbigailE

I used the cheapo tests off ebay (they arrived in 3 days from the UK) and got a positive a week before my missed period and the first response gave a positive about 14 days later

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

The cheapo ones gave 2 faint positives, in the same place, which held even after a couple of hours. Thefirst response both showed neg. but i was sick without having dairy today, as opposed to just somewhat nausous.

I so want it to be positive. and I know its just a dream, but I prayed to God to give me a sign in my sleep that I'd remember, and in my dream I was my age now, and at a scan where I got a little dvd of the screeen & heartbeat.

There again, I might just be talking myself into this. Oh the confusion of it all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

The cheapo ones gave 2 faint positives, in the same place, which held even after a couple of hours. Thefirst response both showed neg. but i was sick without having dairy today, as opposed to just somewhat nausous.

I so want it to be positive. and I know its just a dream, but I prayed to God to give me a sign in my sleep that I'd remember, and in my dream I was my age now, and at a scan where I got a little dvd of the screeen & heartbeat.

There again, I might just be talking myself into this. Oh the confusion of it all.
    They are only reliable for a few minutes after you test normally, unless you have the digital ones but they havea limited life too...I really hope that it works for you. Hugs.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Don't drink anything for a few hours before bed then use your first wee in the morning (catch it in a disposable cup as there won't be much). Sending lots of baby dust your way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

omg omg. Gonna have to check this thread again tomorrow to find out for definite. Bookmarks page :)

• Advertisement

Thanks guys,

It's fair annoying that according to tests its 50/50. Like seriously? How can science be so....undecided.

Happy to hear other folks had similar stories though and it worked out baby way. It gladens my heart. One of the girls in work got 4 neg results,and a doctor neg, but just felt so sure she was pregnant. She finally showed up positive on a test at 9 weeks. And her baby was a super cute,healthy, full term buddle of joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Pretty just remember that you may have ovulated later this month ..This means that if you are pregnant it may take longer to detect it .. So as das kitty said try and keep your urine strong by not drinking much fluids tonight .
    Fingers crossed for you that you are though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 turbochick

Best of Luck Pretty

** baby dust **

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

How can science be so....undecided.

There are a lot of things science can't measure or explain, if you are expecting you will find out a lot of them as pregnancy is still such a mystery in many ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

So any news yet for definite?

• Advertisement

still nothing showing up for def, and while the first symptons have lessened a bit, there are new ones poppoing up. i justwant it to be sat so i can get a blood test and be done with it. though i read (and the whole internet seems to contradicteverything else, but this bit seems fairly constant) that approx 2 weeks after the ET of conception is a good read, that it can vary prior to that (and after that).

I keep reading about chemcal pregnancies, but how would my body know what symptons to produce if it was all in my head? A few I've developed I've never even heard of. and i'm not gonna rely on my "i just *feel* pregnant" thing, cause while something does feel different (I've been late or waiting weeks for a period before,due to mother nature liking to make me wait a while every so often. always have, always will) I've never felt like this before though.But afeeling isn't exactly reliable, I'm still just stuck in "damn it give me a clear answer" land. :( boo

Advertisement