Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jersey Shore

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Ye they asked him to stop wearing their clothes haha

I knew that but I didn't think it would go as far as blurrying it out.

Episode was useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I knew that but I didn't think it would go as far as blurrying it out.

Episode was useless.

Well he is now contractually obliged not to wear their clothes. Im fairly certain the negotiations were done after the filming for season 4, therefore the only alternative would be for MTV to blur the clothing label. Its a fair enough request. He just wont be wearing any more A&F clothes for the next season or while in the public spotlight.

I dont know if i could ever give up my Abercrombie sweat pants. I LIVE in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Dear God, Pauly D's hair...I always wondered what it was like natural. I had no idea it is some kind of mulleted disaster. :D

Deena and Snooki fighting each other made me laugh. Bless those two little midgets. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

They block out loads of things, not just A&F. The cans of beer were blocked out too in the same scene. Programmes are weird like that sometimes, they show some things and not others, in fair city they say the word 'facebook' but when they show a profile page it says 'pal page' on the top instead of facebook :confused:

Terrible episode :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Well showing a companies logo without their permission is a breach of copyright law. Whereas mentioning a brand is not an issue at all (unless it's libelous).

Anyway, growing tired of this show. Hated them all at the start, grew fond of them but now I've slowly gone back to hating them again.

Well apart from Snooki obviously, can't but like her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Well showing a companies logo without their permission is a breach of copyright law. Whereas mentioning a brand is not an issue at all (unless it's libelous).

Interesting, I didn't know that, I always presumed that the reason logos weren't shown or mentioned in programmes (like big brother etc.) was because they didn't want to be basically advertising another brand for free!

Tayla wrote: »
    Interesting, I didn't know that, I always presumed that the reason logos weren't shown or mentioned in programmes (like big brother etc.) was because they didn't want to be basically advertising another brand for free!

This will largely play a huge part of it too. Say a drinks company (lets say pepsi) will sponser a show. Pepsi will require the show to block out all brands that compete with PepsiCo. And remember PepsiCo doesnt just make soft drinks. It makes all sorts of food produce.

All these things are governed by private contracts. If a brand is blurred out it will be for a purely financial reason because the TV show will be legally bound by its sponsors contracts.
    Product placement laws in the US can be a bit weird too. I dont know about them but im sure that alcohol logos cannot be shown on TV shows before the watershed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

God this season looked so good from the promo's but it's actually brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Haven't watched the latest episode yet (it aired last night in the USA) but so far the season has been kind of boring. The only thing that keeps me watching is Ronnie and Sam fighting all of the time (STAPPPPP RAHN, YUR TRAHMITIZING MEH RAHN, WE'RE DUN, DUN, RAHN STAPPPP! etc.) even that isn't as amusing as it once was either. I kind of hope they bring in a new cast after season 5 airs, although I don't see that happening since Pauly & Snooki/Jenni got their own spinoffs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

dee. wrote: »
    Haven't watched the latest episode yet (it aired last night in the USA) but so far the season has been kind of boring. The only thing that keeps me watching is Ronnie and Sam fighting all of the time (STAPPPPP RAHN, YUR TRAHMITIZING MEH RAHN, WE'RE DUN, DUN, RAHN STAPPPP! etc.) even that isn't as amusing as it once was either. I kind of hope they bring in a new cast after season 5 airs, although I don't see that happening since Pauly & Snooki/Jenni got their own spinoffs.

Ronnie/Sam is the worst thing about the program, imo. It was funny for about 3 episodes.

There is a new cast for the 6th season afaik.

baz2009 wrote: »
    Ronnie/Sam is the worst thing about the program, imo. It was funny for about 3 episodes.

+1,

The arguements they had got stale after Miami. Its gonna be Geordie Shore all the way for me from here on out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Don't watch it but have seen clips of it alright. A load of pure rubbish!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

!!!!!!!!!! have just started watching this and managed to download and watch the first three seasons in the last four days!

season one and two were awesome, three had too way much SR and not enough MVP, not looking forward to seeing ma boys vp turning into dícks :(

AWWW YEAA EVERGLADES YEAH!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Might actually have to watch this for a few tips on the dating game!? :rolleyes:

doovdela wrote: »
    Might actually have to watch this for a few tips on the dating game!? :rolleyes:

Have a squished face, stupid hair, a penchant for tracksuits, a dodgy personality BUT lots of money and fame. That's how the Situation rolls. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 waitformeguys

I adore this show. Tshirt time.

I adore this show. Tshirt time.

Your username is quite fitting. You really need to catch up. That phrase is from around 2 seasons ago.

Hogzy wrote: »
    Your username is quite fitting. You really need to catch up. That phrase is from around 2 seasons ago.

Oh, okay. :rolleyes:

Oh, okay. :rolleyes:

Lighten up.

• Advertisement

Hogzy wrote: »
    Lighten up.

Done.

T SHIIIRT TIME!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Snooki and Deena aren't even funny anymore, being outside of Jersey just highlights what coked-up trashbags they are. I cringed so hard at Deena dancing with that like 14 year-old girl in front of her parents, ugh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Namlub wrote: »
    Snooki and Deena aren't even funny anymore, being outside of Jersey just highlights what coked-up trashbags they are. I cringed so hard at Deena dancing with that like 14 year-old girl in front of her parents, ugh...

Deena looks like she putting on the whole 'Meatball' act, whereas Snooki's a natural. Not sure which is worse.:pac:
    They're both complete asses. Snooki was one of my favourites in the first 2/maybe 3 series, but now she's just really annoying. When Jwoww looks down on you, you know you need to cop on.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Folie a deux

I love Jenni and Sammi's friendship so much this season <3 Definitively my favorites

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Never thought I'd say it but Sammi and maybe Jenny are my favourite girls this season. Snooki was funny in season 1 & 2, got a bit pathetic by season 3 but still had funny moments. Now she's just pathetic and annoying. Her whinging this season is getting on my nerves and it's now becoming "the snooki show". Glad the next season will be the last to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

And Vinny is coming across as a horrible horrible person these days too. Jen seems the most stable of them all by a long way.

dont know where this hate for my man vin is coming from still a cool kid in my eyes :cool:

lol vinnys face when snooki asks is the cupids were real

all in all poor season in comparison yet still enjoyable

oh well see ya next year at the shore!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Right. I finished it today - car-crash comedy as usual.

Snooki is annoying, pretentious and full of herself. She definitely banged Situation. I think it's her denial of it that set Situation off into his weird self-pity, attention seeking spree. But Snooki is just as bad as him. Deena is rotten - she has a face like a comic book witch.

Sam & Ronnie actually made it this season without pissing me off on every episode. Shock, horror.

Vinny has come out of his shell since the first season - he's alright. Has his moments, but overall - says what needs to be said. Pauly D doesn't like confrontation and is probably the coolest of everyone in the house.

Will be interesting to see how Sitch rebounds next season.

Advertisement