Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

x PyRo wrote: »
    Came in 5/2 Fav. :)
    Good man. Nice bit of profit for today :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Every little helps. :)

Long may it continue.

1 more bet.

8:00 Kempton - Stanley Rigby @ 9/4 - Bigger Bet of 3pts

Well held in 3 turf maidens up to 1¼m but well backed and much more promise when second over C&D on reappearance. Open to further improvement and one of the more interesting contenders.

7:00 - Turf Time @ 4/1

Has come to life last 4 starts, winning at Wolverhampton last month then third there 4 days later. Remains on a fair mark, has a decent draw and should go well once more.

2nd. Fuck it. :(

Profit at Kempton : 2pts

New Bank - 122.94pts (+22.94pts)

Absa Lutte wins, Turf Time Second, Josiah Bartlett Third.

2 Wins, 2nds & 2 3rd's from 7 bets today.

Slowly getting up in the profit, bit by bit.

• Advertisement

Well done.
    Was going to back Hi Spec tonight but decided against.
    Thought he might be reliable and at 10/1 he would've been worth a punt. Needless to say I didn't get a bet on :(

Doocey wrote: »
    Well done.
    Was going to back Hi Spec tonight but decided against.
    Thought he might be reliable and at 10/1 he would've been worth a punt. Needless to say I didn't get a bet on :(

I backed Stanley because i got word for it, but alas it didn't go well. :(

Hi Spec would of been 3rd on my list, Granakey would of been 2nd choice so wouldn't of got anything out of him either. Ah well!.

Southwell

2:00 - Borasco @ 3/1

Given chance by handicapper and encouraging second to Hit The Switch over 1m here last month. Drop in trip fine and dangerous off this mark, but hasn't won since the summer of 2008, Lets hope it changes here.

3:30 - Shadows Lengthen @ Evens

Thriving on AW this winter, notching up sixth win on the bounce when making light of revised mark over 1½m here last month. 6 lb penalty and extra 2f unlikely to halt his winning spree.

4:00 - Lujiana @ 9/4

Speedy sort who added to good fibresand record when landing back-to-back wins over C&D last month. Impressed with manner of success last time and likely to make a bold bid to land hat-trick.

4:30 - Tag Team @ 5/2 MAX BET 5pts. - NAP

C&D winner who has posted solid efforts in defeat when runner-up last 3 starts, just losing out to a subsequent winner last time. Ought to be in the thick of the action once more

Wolverhampton

4:50 - Muktasb @ 7/1

Last win came off similar mark over C&D a year ago. Just respectable efforts last month on return from a break, though form of his latest run (again over C&D) has worked out really well.

6:50 - Full Toss @ 5/2

Won Lingfield claimer (for Richard Hannon) and 11f handicap at Southwell in 2009. Running with plenty of credit of late and leading claims on these terms.

7:20 - Sonny Sam @ 10/1

Lightly-raced maiden whose forte is stamina. Creditable efforts the last twice and return to this trip should be in his favour. One of the likelier types.

8:20 - Diktatorship @ 12/1

Consistent enough and fully effective on the surface, backed it in the last few races and hopefully he'll be in the frame here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

so those 43 bets i posted made 106 pts profit on the day :eek:
    20-1 winner in there 29-1 betfair,was lucky that alot of those 43 tips were either nr's or frozen track,,so 28 ran i thing, 4 winners in total
    and to top it off, coz i,m so so lucky my pc crashed today, i could not log on,i could not place any bets!
    i got a laptop running late in day,but then betfair kept screwing up when i tried to get some of the last bets on, kept saying i need to log in to make a bet,, i was logged in! ahhhhhhhh:mad:

• Advertisement

argosy2006 wrote: »
    so those 43 bets i posted made 106 pts profit on the day :eek:
    20-1 winner in there 29-1 betfair,was lucky that alot of those 43 tips were either nr's or frozen track,,so 28 ran i thing, 4 winners in total
    and to top it off, coz i,m so so lucky my pc crashed today, i could not log on,i could not place any bets!
    i got a laptop running late in day,but then betfair kept screwing up when i tried to get some of the last bets on, kept saying i need to log in to make a bet,, i was logged in! ahhhhhhhh:mad:

That's still pretty low return considering the tipster is putting 30points per horse, so really it's not much profit on such a huge outlay!. You should quit following that dude or else change down to lower stakes so when he loses alot of money you won't too!.

First one comes in. Long may it continue. :D

Southwell

3:30 - Shadows Lengthen @ Evens

Thriving on AW this winter, notching up sixth win on the bounce when making light of revised mark over 1½m here last month. 6 lb penalty and extra 2f unlikely to halt his winning spree.

3rd, Trip was slightly too long, if the line came 100yards before it did then he'd of taken it. Turned over by a horse that hit 1000/1 in running.

Loss at Southwell : -3pts

New Bank - 119.94pts (+19.94pts)

No good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Wolverhampton

6:50 - Full Toss @ 5/2

Won Lingfield claimer (for Richard Hannon) and 11f handicap at Southwell in 2009. Running with plenty of credit of late and leading claims on these terms.

7:20 - Sonny Sam @ 10/1

Lightly-raced maiden whose forte is stamina. Creditable efforts the last twice and return to this trip should be in his favour. One of the likelier types.

8:20 - Diktatorship @ 12/1

Consistent enough and fully effective on the surface, backed it in the last few races and hopefully he'll be in the frame here.

Had a small bet on Full Toss :D Sonny Sam was slashed to 6/1, try putting a bet on 3 times on Boyles but wouldn't let me.:mad: When with a small bet on Diktatorship, odds down to 7/1.

Profit at Wolverhampton : +3pts

New Bank - 122.94pts (+22.94pts)

Broke even for the day.

Muktasb came 3rd @ 16's and Full Toss won. Sonny Sam just missed out on the place coming 4th and Diktatorship was nowhere.

Happy enough to have got 3pts profit here at Wolves today.

Nice one with Full Toss Gav, Lucky you didn't get on Sonny Sam, and Diktatorship was no good sorry. Thought he'd go closer than 8th.

Lingfield

1:15 - Isle de Maurice @ 7/2 - NAP

Lightly raced on the Flat, but not been with this yard long, and sound claims on form of his second over C&D in December. Won selling hurdle since then too, his races prior to coming 9th his last run as favourite was poor but was running well before that after being dropped into this grade. Could and hopefully will be in the frame. Should be around 3/1.

2:55 - Sonhador @ 7/1

Has won off this mark at Kempton in October. Obvious claims on that, though yet to run to same level again. Failed 5/2 Favourite last time out and has place claims here imo.

4:40 - Zuwaar @ 10/1 - NB

Largely creditable efforts since last win over 1¾m at Haydock in April. Needs a truly-run race to be fully effective at this trip.

Wolverhampton

5:05 - King's Icon @ 4/1

Won 1m handicap at Yarmouth in August and ended 2009 in good form, runner-up 4 times, including over C&D. Probably needed recent reappearance after 4-month absence, and headgear now back on.

6:05 - Ahlawy @ 2/1

Ahlawy didn't run up to expectations here last time but is well worth another chance with the weights very much in his favour. Made giant strides in 2009, winning here 4 times. Beaten at odds on in C&D seller on recent return from 5-month break, but strong claims at the weights if settling better this time. 7lb Claimer on board too. Should be around 7/4 hopefully.

7:05 - Handsome Cross @ 2/1

Slid down the weights in 2009, and unlucky not to supplement his Lingfield success both runs since, especially at Kempton last week. Obvious chance to make amends off same mark.

7:35 - Canadian Danehill @ 10/1

In good fettle in first part of 2009, winning at Newmarket (twice) and Sandown. Struggled since, sliding down the weights but i'm going to give him one more chance here at a big price.

A few Non All-Weather bets for me tomorrow to pass the time, i'm not the best at picking horses that have to jump but i've picked the odd winner!.

Catterick

1:05 - Bewery Man @ 5/1

Hold-up performer who won 2½m handicap at Sedgefield in December 2008. Fair effort over barely adequate 2m on return in December and ought to do better back over this more suitable trip.

2:10 - Or D'Oudairies @ 12/1

Winner off this mark at Bangor a year ago, but never really gone on since then and jumping still far from assured at Southwell last month, but i'll take a chance at what should be a nice e/w price.

3:55 - Spell Checker @ 8/1

In process of running best race when falling on chase bow at Sedgefield in September, but shade disappointing when beaten favourite 11 weeks later.

4:40 - Zuwaar @ 10/1 - NB

Largely creditable efforts since last win over 1¾m at Haydock in April. Needs a truly-run race to be fully effective at this trip.

Have put an extra 1pt win on him at 14/1. Supposedly it's fancied to go close here.

• Advertisement

Loss Today : -4pts

New Bank - 118.94pts (+18.94pts)

Happy my Nap won, disappointed with the rest especially Zuwaar.

Ah well, my favourite track up next, hopefully i can win some of my cash back.

Loss at Wolves : -6pts

New Bank - 112.94pts (+12.94pts)

Fucking shite day.

Hard luck mate on Wolverhampton.
    Got my first real money win with Perlachy there :D

Nice one dude. :)

Was a brutal day for me. :(

Lingfield

1:25 - Headache @ 7/2 - NAP

Continued fine run when scoring for a third time in last 5 starts over C&D last week, recording personal best in the process. Up 5 lb, but still one to take seriously.

2:30 - Ravi River @ 10/3

Won 3 times over 7f on polytrack in 2009, including here. Only respectable fourth in claimer last time, but one of the likelier winners at the weights.

3:35 - Peak District @ 5/1

Strong-travelling sort who is well handicapped on his best form and could take advantage if first-time blinkers have the desired effect

4:10 - Kings Salute - NB @ 11/8

Made faultless start for Mark Johnston having raced once for Andre Fabre, winning 11f maiden and 13f handicap here last autumn. Seems sure to go on progressing for yard in superb form.

4:45 - Monterosso @ 11/8

Progressing well and not hard pressed to go clear in C&D maiden a fortnight ago. Handicapper may have underestimated him and he looks the likely winner, stable in flying form and it's a horse i really like the look of too. Should be the one to beat here.

Fingers crossed to make up for todays losses.

Nice one dude. :)

Was a brutal day for me. :(

You'll be sound mate, won't be long until you rake in a few 10/1 winners :)

Doocey wrote: »
    You'll be sound mate, won't be long until you rake in a few 10/1 winners :)

Won't happen but cheers for the optimism. :D

Won't happen but cheers for the optimism. :D

Don't be so sure :)

Were a few huge winners in the last few days. I saw a 50/1, 40/1 and 35/1 all win in a few races through the week.!
    Lower standard races I know, but still :)

Going to have a few other non AW bets this weekend. All 1pt win or .5pts e/w if over 10/1. (Unless Stated)

Sandown

2:05 - Anak @ 13/2

Hasn't always convinced with attitude/jumping over hurdles, but has won first and latest of 4 starts, in the mud at Kempton 3 weeks ago.

3:10 - Strawberry @ 10/1

Bold jumper who has won twice over 3m (fences and hurdles) for new yard this season. Went as if amiss at Ascot a fortnight ago, though, and bit to prove off career-high mark.

3:40 - Razor Royale @ 8/1 - 2pts win.

Improved when scoring over 3m at Cheltenham in November and raised his game again off revised marks since. Likely to give another good account.

Nass

4:15 - Kimberlite King @ 5/2 - 3pts win

Dual bumper winner who showed smart form in just a handful of runs over hurdles. Plenty of promise when fourth in maiden chases at Navan despite some less than fluent jumping. Sets the standard here.

• Advertisement

Loss Today : 15pts

New Bank - 101.69pts (+1.69pts)

In 2 bad days i've wiped out all my profit, back to the drawing board.

Monterosso still to run.

Edit : Monterosso wins

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement