Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Doocey wrote: »
    Good stuff, I might have an eye for horses haha.
    What odds was he dya know?

You're doing well mate, just do EW's :D

He went off at 15/2, was some money down for him all through the day, was a good pick and would of been a nice 2/1 for the e/w place.

Some of the horses i backed wern't worth going e/w on although i missed the boat on Satwa Gold when he drifted to 17/2 and i was only on for the win. Ah well teething problems that hopefully will get sorted and we can all make a few quid. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

x PyRo wrote: »
    He went off at 15/2, was some money down for him all through the day, was a good pick and would of been a nice 2/1 for the e/w place.

Some of the horses i backed wern't worth going e/w on although i missed the boat on Satwa Gold when he drifted to 17/2 and i was only on for the win. Ah well teething problems that hopefully will get sorted and we can all make a few quid. :D

Ah right, not too bad so.

May I ask where you go to look at the horses form?
    I use PP's form thingy for the craic but I'm sure there's better.?

Doocey wrote: »
    Ah right, not too bad so.

May I ask where you go to look at the horses form?
    I use PP's form thingy for the craic but I'm sure there's better.?

Well i use Bet365 to view their last runs and to see what odds they were in their last races and i use www.Timeform.com/free for the information and for the write ups they do which i use here along with any of my own information i get from watching them run. www.GG.com is good for getting different info, news and the like too.

Cheers.

Will look forward to your tips for tomorrow.

Another day, another chance to lose money on horses, but here goes nothing.

Day 4 - Southwell

12:50 - Bo McGinty - 1pt

Been a good servant, but not the force of old and on a fairly long losing run to boot but i think he's worth one last chance, and with a jockey i rate highly on board then he could have a chance in a fairly weak race.

1:50 - Turf Time - 1pt

Has run his 2 best races over C&D, pulling hard but keeping on when second to Billie Jean last time. May have more to offer and in with a shout here i think.

2:50 - Tobrata - 1pt e/w

Have backed him in alot of his last 5 or more races, always seems to place and placed on last 5 starts in maidens on fibresand/polytrack. Doesn't look to have been overburdened on handicap debut, so could figure for yard among the winners this week.

3:20 - Premier Lad - 3pts - Southwell NAP

Lightly-raced performer whose best efforts have come here. Given far too much to do when behind Whitbarrow on Tuesday but fancied to turn the tables and appeals as the likely winner.

• Advertisement

Day 4 - Lingfield

3:00 - Vinces - 1pt e/w @ 5/1

Better on the AW than turf, winning twice over C&D in spring 2009. Has returned to last winning mark and back to form over C&D last weak, topping the shortlist as a result.

3:30 - Arganil - 2pts @ 1/2

Will be sent of a short price favourite and is a tough front runner who won handicap and 2 listed events in 2009, including here over 5f. Stays easy 6f, and looks the one they all have to beat.

4:00 - Colourful Move - .5pts e/w @ 7/1

Effective on AW and fairly-treated on the pick of his form. Not disgraced last 4 starts and return to 2m will suit. Now tried tongue tied.

Wolverhampton picks to come tomorrow. Best of luck to all tomorrow.

12:50 - Bo McGinty - 1pt

Been a good servant, but not the force of old and on a fairly long losing run to boot but i think he's worth one last chance, and with a jockey i rate highly on board then he could have a chance in a fairly weak race.

2nd @ 5/2. :( Keep hitting the crossbar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Maybe you should consider using PP insured place bet, if don't win but its placed you get your stake back.

I use Bet365 for my bets, don't like PP to be honest and closed my account there ages ago. Thanks for the suggestion though as it would probably help but i like taking a chance on some of my picks but alot seem to be coming second!.

1:50 - Turf Time - 1pt

Has run his 2 best races over C&D, pulling hard but keeping on when second to Billie Jean last time. May have more to offer and in with a shout here i think.

3rd this time @ 4/1.

• Advertisement

Day 4 - Wolverhampton

4:10 - Rocket Rob - 1pt @ 9/2

Andrea Atzeni is eight from 30 when riding for Marco Botti at the track, for a profit to £1 level stakes of £49.58, and they team up with Rocket Rob, so hopefully the increase this here.

4:40 - Leyte Gulf - 1pt @ 9/2

Often a weak finisher but doing little wrong at present, winning 2 of his last 6 starts (both over C&D). Entitled to be there or thereabouts once more and gets the nod over Calculating here for me.

5:10 - Resplendent Ace - .5pts e/w @ 14/1

Multiple AW winner. Mostly creditable efforts since gaining last win off a 5 lb lower mark in November and latest performance too bad to be true. Can't ignore.

6:40 - Shifting Star - 1pt @ 11/2

Much improved in 2008, winning 3 times, but struggled in 2009 before more encouragement final start. This mark shouldn't be beyond him and strongly-run race would be in his favour.

That's my lot for the day.

Day 4 - Lingfield

3:00 - Vinces - 1pt e/w @ 5/1

Better on the AW than turf, winning twice over C&D in spring 2009. Has returned to last winning mark and back to form over C&D last weak, topping the shortlist as a result.

3rd. Was motoring well at the end and would of got it if there was an extra 20 yards.

+2.25 to the bank when i'm updating it.

Nap up next so fingers crossed for him.

3:20 - Premier Lad - 3pts - Southwell NAP

Lightly-raced performer whose best efforts have come here. Given far too much to do when behind Whitbarrow on Tuesday but fancied to turn the tables and appeals as the likely winner.

No good, not going well at all.

3:30 - Arganil - 2pts @ 1/2

Will be sent of a short price favourite and is a tough front runner who won handicap and 2 listed events in 2009, including here over 5f. Stays easy 6f, and looks the one they all have to beat.

Wins at a very short price but they all help.

+ 3 points to the bank at the end of the day.

4:10 - Rocket Rob - 1pt @ 9/2

Andrea Atzeni is eight from 30 when riding for Marco Botti at the track, for a profit to £1 level stakes of £49.58, and they team up with Rocket Rob, so hopefully the increase this here.

1st. :D That's more like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

I also got rocket rob at 9/2 and was quite fortunate as I bet on him twice on betfair by accident :D

Now for elite land to win to make my double with Arganil. Really enjoying your log, keep it up.

Well done, was a close one but they all count, especially nice when you bet on them twice by accident. :D

Cheers mate and thanks for the nice comments. :)

4:40 - Leyte Gulf - 1pt @ 9/2

Often a weak finisher but doing little wrong at present, winning 2 of his last 6 starts (both over C&D). Entitled to be there or thereabouts once more and gets the nod over Calculating here for me.

1st. :D Beating Calculating who was 2nd too. :)

30/1 double with Rocket Rob. :D

Bank - 93.25pts (-6.75pts)

2 more still to go, so fingers crossed i can get above a loss with one of them.

1 more bet for the day,

19:10 Wolverhampton - Head To Head - 1.25pts @ 6/1

Ran as well as he ever has when beaten only by a well-handicapped rival on penultimate start but disappointing in different headgear last time. Blinkers back on here and can't ignore. Jockey that i really rate on board and in with a good chance here.

We leave the Bank after today at 92pts, not great but i hopefully will pull it up and an 8 point loss over 4 bad days for me is something i'm not too disspointed with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well done

1 more bet for the day,

19:10 Wolverhampton - Head To Head - 1.25pts @ 6/1

Ran as well as he ever has when beaten only by a well-handicapped rival on penultimate start but disappointing in different headgear last time. Blinkers back on here and can't ignore. Jockey that i really rate on board and in with a good chance here.

We leave the Bank after today at 92pts, not great but i hopefully will pull it up and an 8 point loss over 4 bad days for me is something i'm not too disspointed with.

1st again. :D Hope some of you seen this late.

Bank - 100.75pts (+.75pts)

Got to a small profit now. :)

3 winners from 5 at Wolverhampton, 9/2,9/2 & 6/1. Good day from there thank God.

mike65 wrote: »
    Well done

Thank you Mike, glad to see the + sign come back up. :D

Good stuff.
    I didn't do the worst myself :)

Keep it up :D

Day 5 - Lingfield

1:40 - Monterosso - 1pt @ 3/1

Half-brother to 3 winners in Australia. Green on debut sole start at 2 yrs when mid-field in 7f polytrack maiden. From a top/in-form stable and should improve, top jockey too and in with a shout for sure.

2:10 - Geezers Colours - 1pt @ 2/1

Successful 4 times at up to 1m on AW earlier in career (including off mark of 83). Placed on 2 of last 3 starts, and could return to winning ways if first-time headgear does the trick.

2:40 - Winning Show - 3pts @ 5/2 - NAP

Enjoying successful time of things, successful over fences and on 2 of last 3 AW starts. Perhaps would have made it 3 from 3 with more use made of him last time and goes off same mark here.

3:40 - Womaniser - 1pt @ 11/1

Lightly raced but profile a very much an inconsistent one. Confirmed he stays this trip when third last week and will hopefully be there or thereabouts tomorrow.

4:10 - Namir - 2pts @ 6/1 - NB

Boasts a decent strike rate over the years, though all wins have been on turf. Undeniably well handicapped, and better than result here last week having been denied a clear run

Prices to follow tomorrow.

Points Staked - 8pts.

Day 5 - Southwell

1:15 - Hope Road - 1pt @ 2/1

Pick of Flat form in 2007 gives him every chance and consistent hurdler last year, winning maiden at Worcester in summer. Much depends on whether he acts on the surface.

1:45 - Stonecrabstomorrow - 1pt @ 2/1

Enjoyed a productive 2009, and continued where he left off when scoring in claimer over C&D earlier in month. Reliability counts for plenty at this level, and he may well go in again.

2:45 - Kingston Folly - 1pt @ 7/1

Easy to back but shaped better than bare result when fifth on debut at Lingfield, travelling well until fitness told. Ought to improve with that behind him, and drop in trip should be fine.

3:15 - Dunaskin - 1pt @ 2/1 - NB

Winning hurdler who had looked regressive in this sphere prior to a couple of seconds here this winter. This is easier, and could well be able to dictate.

3:45 - Elusive Warrior - 2pts @ 9/4 - NAP

Going for a hat-trick of C&D wins. Double penalty makes things tougher, though there's no doubting he's in top form, along with his stable in general.

Wolverhampton to follow tomorrow. All the best guys.

Points Staked - 6pts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Very impressive results so far mate, well done ! I like to have a bet on the horse racing myself but have taken a break over the last few weeks as I find the all-weather racing too difficult to predict

Very impressive results so far mate, well done ! I like to have a bet on the horse racing myself but have taken a break over the last few weeks as I find the all-weather racing too difficult to predict

Yeah it's very dodgy at times alright, but i still can't resist it. :D

Only annoying thing is with this weather some horses haven't gotten enough time to train lately with the weather and all so they're not trying and are only out for the run it seems, ala my last two Nap's unfortunately. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Do you pick em all yourself, your EWs are saving some points, thats good
    Good luck tomorrow,

• Advertisement

So far the stats stand at

Runners - 45

Winners - 12

Seconds - 3

Thirds - 2

Bank - 100.75pts (+.75)

Could be more seconds and thirds but i'm too tired to go and find out the result of races i can't remember, i'll do it in the morning. Pleased at how it's going as it will hopefully only improve.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement