Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Doocey wrote: »
    What ya thinking for 4.15 Kempton?
    Ride A White Swan is the only one that sticks out for me.

Any ideas? :)

Eh timeform says

"Long-standing maiden who has generally speaking been in decline for some time and no concrete signs of a recovery despite tumbling mark."

Wouldn't be too confident about him to be honest.

I fancy Djalalabad to take that race to be honest.

Day 3 - Lingfield Bets

12:40 - Zerzura - 1pt

Was sent off a short price favourite on debut last month over C&D but finished a well-held fifth. Capable of better than that, but may need a shorter trip, still gets the nod over the 2 other main contenders.

1:15 - Miss Lesley - 1pt

Won claimer over C&D penultimate outing and decent run last time for all she once more looked awkward under pressure, worth another shout and only horse to have won on this track before.

1:50 - Divine Force - 5pts - NAP

Has come good of late, scoring here and at Wolverhampton. Goes unpenalised for latest win on Monday and the one to beat. He's my most likely to win today and has a great chance to notch up a 2nd win in a row, chance he may be pulled out though.

2:25 - King's Icon - 2pts

Won 1m handicap at Yarmouth in August and runner-up 4 consecutive starts in space of 13 days. Has 4-month absence to overcome now, but remains on an attractive mark and stable going well, will be in the mix here.

3:00 - Free Tussy - 1pt e/w @ 4/1

Has won 3 previous times at the course, is progressive on this track and was just caught out on last run over this distance and should have a chance here, currently 4/1 on Bet365.

3:35 - Confidentiality - 2pts e/w @ 4/1 - NB

Confidentiality is thriving now he's back with the Wigham stable and still looks on the right side of the handicapper, has course and distance form and should be in the top 3 for sure so going e/w just to be safe.

4:05 - Tribe - 1pt e/w

One of 3 runners for Paul Webber. Placed twice at 2m off this mark last summer, including at Lingfield, and may have needed recent outing over hurdles after 5 months off.

Other race meeting to be covered later. All the best tomorrow guys. :)

Edit : Lingfield OFF!. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

x PyRo wrote: »
    Eh timeform says

"Long-standing maiden who has generally speaking been in decline for some time and no concrete signs of a recovery despite tumbling mark."

Wouldn't be too confident about him to be honest.

I fancy Djalalabad to take that race to be honest.
    Cheers :)

If Divine Force runs back him, he should win but will only be 5/2 at best i'd say.

Day 3 - Southwell

12:30 - Anquetta - 2pts @ 8/13 - NAP

Half-brother to a winning pointer, and may well have made a successful start himself but for inexperience last month. Obvious chance of going one better if adapting to the surface.

1:00 - Bow Badger - .5 pts e/w @ 10/1

Flat-bred gelding, sent off a well-backed favourite when only fourth on debut at Carlisle. Found very little at Ayr next time, and one to have doubts about, but taking a chance on him here.

1:30 - Midnight Opera - 2pts @ 9/2 - NB

Half-brother to couple of middle-distance winners, and shaped quite well himself when third on debut at Ffos Las. May do better on second run, worth taking on.

2:00 - Inner Steel - 2pts @ 9/4

Promising start when sixth on bumper debut at Kempton in April despite not getting a clear run, and has since won maiden point. Should progress again if coping with surface.

2:40 - Line Freedom - 2pts @ 8/11

Nothing much on looks but ran out a wide-margin debut winner of Cheltenham bumper in the spring. Clearly sets high standard despite a penalty.

3:15 - Dort Tranquille - 1pt @ 2/1

Sent off odds on ahead of debut in summer only to come unstuck. Absence since suggests all wasn't well there and evidently thought capable of better, so interesting if money comes again, but worth a chance again here.

3:50 - King Rufo - 1pt @ 6/1

Shaped like a stayer in reaching frame on both starts in bumpers, again doing best work late when fourth at Ffos Las last time. Receives weight from 3 previous winners and should go well.

• Advertisement

Day 3 - Kempton

4:15 - Flamestone - .5pts e/w @ 12/1

Won minor event here over 6f 12 months ago. Stays this far but poor efforts when last seen in mid-2009.

4:45 - Brazilian Bush - 5pts @ 9/4 - NAP

Bolted up in 6f handicap at Southwell last week and not disgraced dropped to 5f when second back there on Sunday. This surface not a problem and worth sticking with back at this trip, best horse in the race and should be in with a great chance

5:15 - Tatawor - 2pts @ 6/4

Left debut form behind when third in 5f AW maiden. Travelled well over C&D on first run for Jim Boyle last time and remains likely to do better.

5:45 - Satwa Gold - 3pts @ 7/2 - NB

Won 2 of his last 4 starts in claimers, both here including over this trip. Weighted to play a leading role if putting last run behind him when not finding much for pressure back in a handicap, will be in the mix here.

6:15 - Admiral Cochrane - 2pts @ 11/10

Progressing nicely in handicaps, winning 2 of his last 3, including at Lingfield in the past 36 hrs, showing a good turn of foot. Another bold show expected if turning out so soon under a penalty.

6:45 - Desert Dreamer - 1pt e/w @ 14/1

Tough sort who comes from off pace and won 6 times in 2009 (all 7f). Wasted no time bouncing back to form when third at Lingfield last time and the stronger the pace the better, has won 3 times over C&D and 10 times over this distance, is in with a great shout in my opinion and wouldn't be surprised to see him win at a nice price.

7:15 - Hurakan - 1pt e/w @ 12/1

Won 1m handicap at Lingfield on first run for David Evans in November. Hasn't progressed in 4 outings at 1¼m+ since, but combination of drop back in distance and first-time visor could help, good price for a horse who will be in the mix and should at least place.

All the best today guys. Having a bet on every race today for the interest, had a nice win on the footie last night. :D

Todays Stake - 28pts

New Bank - 78pts

12:30 - Anquetta - 2pts @ 8/13 - NAP

Half-brother to a winning pointer, and may well have made a successful start himself but for inexperience last month. Obvious chance of going one better if adapting to the surface.

Good start, short price but a winner's a winner. :)

1:00 - Bow Badger - .5 pts e/w @ 10/1

Flat-bred gelding, sent off a well-backed favourite when only fourth on debut at Carlisle. Found very little at Ayr next time, and one to have doubts about, but taking a chance on him here.

2nd @ 20/1. :( Beaten by a neck. :(

2:00 - Inner Steel - 2pts @ 9/4

Promising start when sixth on bumper debut at Kempton in April despite not getting a clear run, and has since won maiden point. Should progress again if coping with surface.

2nd @ 3/1, beaten by a neck. :(

• Advertisement

3:15 - Dort Tranquille - 1pt @ 2/1

Sent off odds on ahead of debut in summer only to come unstuck. Absence since suggests all wasn't well there and evidently thought capable of better, so interesting if money comes again, but worth a chance again here.

Wins. :D Good horse and grinded it out in the end.

Southwell Results

12.30 - Anquetta 1st @ 1/2 :D
    1.00 - Bow Badger e/w 2nd @ 20/1 :)
    1.30 - Midnight Opera 6th @ 5/1 :(
    2.05 - Inner Steel 2nd @ 3/1 :(
    2.40 - Line Freedom Last :eek:
    3.15 - Dort Tranquille 1st @ 13/8 :D
    3.50 - King Rufo Fell over somehow

Pts Staked - 11pts.

Pts Won - 9ts.

New Bank - 89pts.

Still in play - 17pts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

Youve done great today well done,

I've just placed €100 on your nap due to your results today, fingers crossed!

In_tuition wrote: »

Seriously hope you're messing. :o Don't know what happened there with him.

Youve done great today well done,

:eek: nowhere! Oh well!

:eek: nowhere! Oh well!

Shit sorry man, that was pathetic. Really thought he'd go well. :o

Seriously hope you're messing. :o Don't know what happened there with him.

I fancied a bet all day, no harm done!

First and last for a while !

Shit sorry man, that was pathetic. Really thought he'd go well. :o

Hey don't apologise, my decision at the end of the day.

As said just fancied a tipple on the horses, been a while.

I fancied a bet all day, no harm done!

First and last for a while !

€100 harm done, hopefully your Golf bets get it back soon for you.

With 5 pointers like that i'll be wiped out in no time.

Another favourite flatters to deceive. Brutal start to Kempton for me. Lucky enough it's winnings from the football i'm playing around with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Ive gone with your 6.15 choice but doubled it with wicked daze in this one. Comes in at 4/1

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Ive gone with your 6.15 choice but doubled it with wicked daze in this one. Comes in at 4/1

Fingers crossed for you, he bolted up yesterday to win a better race so hopefully he'll go in again.

5:45 - Satwa Gold - 3pts @ 7/2 - NB

Won 2 of his last 4 starts in claimers, both here including over this trip. Weighted to play a leading role if putting last run behind him when not finding much for pressure back in a handicap, will be in the mix here.

2nd again @ 15/2. Just not my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

First half of it down

MrKingsley wrote: »
    First half of it down

Good pick alright, hopefully Admiral goes in for you now, good money going down on him. The signs are good.

Finally hit a winner, was on at 11/10. :D

Well done Mr Kingsley. :D

Overall Pyron, seriously well done :)

Doocey wrote: »
    Overall Pyron, seriously well done :)

Ah it's not going as well as expected, pitty about my NAP today and lots of seconds. :(

Going to post up less selections from now on and hopefully i'll not see the bank diminish into nothing. :D

Thanks for following and your horse nearly won today too. Was just pipped at the post. :eek:

Bank is at 93pts with one horse left to run.

4.15 - Flamestone - 8th :(
    4.45 - Brazilian Brush - 9th :eek: Still in shock.
    5.15 - Tatawor - 6th :(
    5.45 - Satwa Gold - 2nd @ 15/2 :mad:
    6.15 - Admiral Cochrane - 1st @ 11/10 :)
    6.45 - Desert Dreamer e/w - Don't know but nowhere of note :(
    7.15 - Hurakan e/w - Still to run.

Very dissapointed in todays picks and apologies to anyone who followed any of the donkeys. :o

Bank - 93pts (-7)

• Advertisement

Ah it's not going as well as expected, pitty about my NAP today and lots of seconds.

Going to post up less selections from now on and hopefully i'll not see the bank diminish into nothing.

Thanks for following and your horse nearly won today too. Was just pipped at the post.

Bank is at 93pts with one horse left to run.

Good stuff, I might have an eye for horses haha.
    What odds was he dya know?

You're doing well mate, just do EW's :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement