Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation 2010

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

Be fair funny if they lost all there weight and stil felt low confidence..:eek:[/quote]

I'd say the big fella runnin up the hill with his jocks practically around his ankles won't be feelin the best after seein that....I know I wasn't...:eek:

Are they supposed to encourage them to lose weight or just humiliate them....??
    I wonder was Gerry warned to practice what you preach before this series....? He seems to be a bit trimmer this time round..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭susanroth

How is it that the poor man has to go topless?
    I know it was so cruel! he seems real nice as well.

Does anyone else think the whole counting calories on the bus was a bit stupid? way to get obsessed..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

bogtotty wrote: »
    I'm aware there'a a thread for 'Operation Bore the Nation' - this one is for people who actually watch the show rather than those who solely want to slag it off. Of course, those who watch it are more than welcome to slag it off too (especially seing as GR has misguidedly been kept on as presenter), but hopefully this thread will be used to discuss the program, participants, health plans etc.

Now, can anyone tell me why RTE have started advertising the show and its website but haven't actually updated said website yet?

Just watching the show and want to say

Gerry Ryan, what a total arsehole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Just watching the show and want to say
    Gerry Ryan, what a total arsehole.

Ah come Tom, that's a very generic statement. Of course Gerry's an asshole, but what did he do TONIGHT to piss you off?

Ah come Tom, that's a very generic statement. Of course Gerry's an asshole, but what did he do TONIGHT to piss you off?

He opened his mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Deise Tom wrote: »
    He opened his mouth.

Some shows are for some people, some aren't, this is a very specific show and it does what it does very well.. Ryan is hardly in it for a start, but if we all want to go for easy targets..

I'd love if Boards made it mandatory to show each posters age, cos I don't think it's fair to have an argument with a 14 year old or whatever about TV as there expectations are completely different. For what it's worth, this show is very well done, has a purpose and does what it says on the tin. It's easy to attack the host, but that's just lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Some shows are for some people, some aren't, this is a very specific show and it does what it does very well.. Ryan is hardly in it for a start, but if we all want to go for easy targets..

I'd love if Boards made it mandatory to show each posters age, cos I don't think it's fair to have an argument with a 14 year old or whatever about TV as there expectations are completely different. For what it's worth, this show is very well done, has a purpose and does what it says on the tin. It's easy to attack the host, but that's just lazy.

Do you have to reach a particular age before you can criticise Gerry Ryan??

Funnily enough I liked him on the radio in the 80s/90s, now: not so much ...

baalthor wrote: »
    Do you have to reach a particular age before you can criticise Gerry Ryan??

Funnily enough I liked him on the radio in the 80s/90s, now: not so much ...

I hope you dont. If you do have to reach a particular age, I might have reached it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭rockchik

I think the show is great!!Wheter or not you like Gerry Ryan dosents really matter....the message of the show is getting healthier and fitter and even if it changes a few peoples attitudes to health surely its worth it!And going by all the groups that have joined like the politicians and taxi drivers it seems like it is really working! Its encouraging also to see them go down in weight every week, and all the leaders, fair play to them putting themselves on tv for all to see! Looking forward to seeing the final next week!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭liverpo

Hello All

I've used the boards for a while now but wasn't sure if I should post in this section, tonight is the last in the series of Operation Transformation and I have been one of the people who featured on it, I'm not one of the leaders but one of the people who feature in the groups.

We had our final filming recently and we got a chance to meet everyone connected with the show, from Gerry Ryan (who is a decent fella off camera/mic) the leaders and the other groups participating.

We had a great day and everyone looked great.

Personally I lost 1 stone in the duration of the show, so I'm obviously delighted with that and feeling much better.

I'm cool with a bit of banter so it'll be interesting to hear what you guys say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

liverpo wrote: »
    I'm cool with a bit of banter so it'll be interesting to hear what you guys say.

target%20on%20back.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭liverpo

Hat doffed to the man in the yellow corner ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sibhey

Didn't realise this was the last episode, well good luck to everyone involved, the blond girl, Amanda (I think) is very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

liverpo wrote: »
    Hello All

I've used the boards for a while now but wasn't sure if I should post in this section, tonight is the last in the series of Operation Transformation and I have been one of the people who featured on it, I'm not one of the leaders but one of the people who feature in the groups.

We had our final filming recently and we got a chance to meet everyone connected with the show, from Gerry Ryan (who is a decent fella off camera/mic) the leaders and the other groups participating.

We had a great day and everyone looked great.

Personally I lost 1 stone in the duration of the show, so I'm obviously delighted with that and feeling much better.

Fair play to ya on losing a stone. Keep up the good work. :)

Not a fan of gerry ryan as ya can imagine but this show can only be praised for motivating people to lose weight and get more active and therefore healthy.

good on ya

Advertisement