Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation 2010

Options
  • 10-01-2010 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

I'm aware there'a a thread for 'Operation Bore the Nation' - this one is for people who actually watch the show rather than those who solely want to slag it off. Of course, those who watch it are more than welcome to slag it off too (especially seing as GR has misguidedly been kept on as presenter), but hopefully this thread will be used to discuss the program, participants, health plans etc.

Now, can anyone tell me why RTE have started advertising the show and its website but haven't actually updated said website yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

Sorry. I don't work for RTÉ therefore cannot tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bogtotty

I don't work for RTE either but can tell you that they're fairly useless at d'oul interweb business. I kinda like the OT format. It's not as bombastic as biggest loser and the participants are usually fairly likeable. Wish Ryan wasn't presenting it though, I really can't stand the man, and he's a bit too slithery to be an appropriate presenter on a healthertainment show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Healthertainment? Dear God is that really a word? Liked this last year, helped give me that post-Christmas kick to get my lardass moving again.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mrshappy

Has the makings of being a great show - if they got rid of Ryan

The new series was launched on ryan's radio show today - still no update on the rte website though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

To be fair to RTE, the website for OT was very good last year. They had videos for each of the individual people update every week. If you were trying to lose weight, I can see how it would be a useful tool.

I found it good too, that's why it's a bit annoying that they haven't updated it yet. I know they're trying to do the whole cross media thing, but I can't be dealing with ryan on the radio. Shame they don't put more emphasis on the tv & website components.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I know two girls who are going to be in it this year, as part of the new group weight loss.

so will be watching to see them.

Rather them than me though!!:eek:

Rather them than me. The nation is well spared the sight of me and my bellies kitted out in lycra.

I like the idea of the teams, this might be a better layout than last year.

• Advertisement

So is the tv show or the radio the main platform for OT? Hate ryan on the radio and feel I've missed out on a lot here...

Can the 2 threads be merged?

Fair play to Norris et al. Shame Mary Hearny isn't taking part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

I'd say Gerry goes down to the canteen afterwards and stuffs himself with apple tarts.

The mother-in-law told Conor to go on the show - I think I'd shoot my m-i-l if she did that to me!

They keep pushing the website and it's STILL not up and running.

"last year when all the wait piled on" ... he is gonna get some fkn smack when she sees that.

Ah the two girls I know were up!!

They said that the diet is going well, I was talking to them earlier, but they are missing the sugar...

Fair play to anyone who can go on tv, In them leotards and get weighed!!

Quality wrote: »

Agreed, not a hope in hell I could do that!

"last year when all the wait piled on" ... he is gonna get some fkn smack when she sees that.

think that wedding might be off and not because of her weight!

• Advertisement

Quality wrote: »

How is it that the poor man has to go topless?

Could they not have got Brendan Courteney to get him fitted for a bra?

These people have fairly put their lives out in the open. Especially that woman Penny. I'm not sure I would be prepared to do that if I was overweight. It's more like sitting in the psychiatrist's chair and the nation is watching.

Ah I know god love them all.. those rigouts, dont leave much to the imagination!!

These people have fairly put their lives out in the open. Especially that woman Penny. I'm not sure I would be prepared to do that if I was overweight. It's more like sitting in the psychiatrist's chair and the nation is watching.

I find it fairly inspiring. Most of us tubbies do have underlying reasons for being lardasses, it's not just pure laziness. These people are very strong to be able to do this in public and hopefully will motivate the rest of us to confront our inner piggy demons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

They keep pushing the website and it's STILL not up and running.
    They mentioned on the radio show that the website was going live at the same time as the programme aired. Not a bad site, plenty of info on it. Anyone dare to try the BMI calculator this soon after Christmas :eek:

jos28 wrote: »
    Anyone dare to try the BMI calculator this soon after Christmas :eek:

Yes.
    No further comment at this time [damned mince pies...].

• Registered Users Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭furiousox

I hope they all do well but there's no point coming on tv blubbing about their weight issues and then being filmed sitting at home eating crisps and feeding their kids yorkie bars! :confused:

CPL 593H

Anyone see Gerry Ryan giving marriage advice on the show tonight. I thought we had already saturated irony with the fact that he was hosting a weight loss program.

Does anybody have Alanis Morissette's phone number, I think we have enough for another verse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 lilstar85

I LOVE GERRY RYAN lol..... i think his brill.... his straight to the point, honest and doesn't care.... bit cocky but sur if we all got paid from RTE we would be up our own arses ourselves.... think operation transformation is a bit dragged but good idea, (need to lose a bit myself ;) ) but i just cant help watching it with a can of coke, and some taytos :p

Be fair funny if they lost all there weight and stil felt low confidence..:eek:

• Advertisement

lilstar85 wrote: »
    think operation transformation is a bit dragged but good idea, (need to lose a bit myself ;) ) but i just cant help watching it with a can of coke, and some taytos :p Be fair funny if they lost all there weight and stil felt low confidence..:eek:

I'd say the producers were disappointed the first week, cos everybody had already lost weight BEFORE the thing started. Usually at week one we're at the
    stage where they're given a really tough diet.. then they come back the next week and it's like.. "I tried to stick to the diet.... but.. I was passing the fridge .. I saw the rashers sticking out.... and.... I ate a FULL FRY up"
    cue uncontrollable crying, and self blame...

I think the leaders they got this year are too strong.. Doesnt make for a good show. :-(

Advertisement