Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Saturday 9th January 2010 )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

We've got a box out the front...I think it's for gas, and it's attached to the side of our front wall.

The snow on top of it now is almost at a level with the top of the wall itself now!

Also: just heard a forecast on the radio. Met eireann have changed their tune a little vs the 9 forecast - say further snow in leinster overnight with accumulations of 5 cm or more in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

what a great radio forecast just there!!

Shoot! Missed it! What did they say nacho??! Specifics please - (ie. Corkford!):D

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Snowaddict

Major upgrade on the Radio Forecast with 5CM at least possible overnight over most of Leinster, risk of snowfall spreading Westwards into Munster overnight. Blizzards and drifting tomorrow, 5CM - 10CM likely widely according to Joan Blackburn..

Risk of snowfall turning to sleet along coastal fringes of the East & South later tomorrow.

Apparently also further falls of sleet and snow during the week..

SA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭RockPaper

What did they say Nacho??

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭illumin

Bucketing down in templeogue, snow is nearly half way up my front drive wall :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mwrf

The precip is still bubbling up over at holyhead on the 2330 met uk radar :)
    Another few hours left in this i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Well that's vague.

What'd it say?

i didn't see it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Are you in Portmarnock?

Did you look outside!!!!!!!!!!?

I grew up in Portmarnock . It was always crap for snow

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Snowaddict wrote: »
    Major upgrade on the Radio Forecast with 5CM at least possible overnight over most of Leinster, risk of snowfall spreading Westwards into Munster overnight. Blizzards and drifting tomorrow, 5CM - 10CM likely widely according to Joan Blackburn..

Risk of snowfall turning to sleet along coastal fringes of the East & South later tomorrow.

When you say coastal fringes - where do you mean in Cork - like would that include the city - like it's pretty near the coast - i'm rubbish at Geography!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Well there is a LOT of snow coming down in Tallaght, Luas almost didn't make it all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    Are you sure nacho? Watched the forecast after the 10.10pm BBC1 news tonight and it seemed to indicate significant snow for the northeast in particular (Meath, Louth, Monaghan etc.) from Sunday evening going into Monday morning.

you can never be sure with snow. that could happen especially with the mixing of different airmasses over ireland where conditions stay the right side of marginal- which would most likely be the counties you mention as well as cavan

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Vague.....

Spill the beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I grew up in Portmarnock . I was always crap for snow

Yep always is.

Although tonight its a snow paradise, for once.

but getting milder in the south...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Weird, pretty much no snow since this morning in Monkstown. Sounds like everyone else around is getting plenty of it though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Alicat wrote: »
    And Mal-er-ide :D

I think youll find its called Tallaght-hide :D

yes and only getting less cold in the south!!! i hope this forecast isn't changed again!! of course it could well be

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

4055958581_ca65fcd9d9.jpg

Really starting to stick on my patio table in Lucan now as shown by this infra-red image!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭wushu

looks like sleet or rain here in Wicklow town tomorow evening then... oh well:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Still no snow in Tipp Town.....

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Snowaddict

but getting milder in the south...

Yes, slowly during the week but nothing significant mild mentioned, only slowly getting less cold according to Joan.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Yep always is.

Although tonight its a snow paradise, for once.
    Hmmm I'm not impressed with the amount - and I'm looking right out onto a field. It's nice and white but it doesn't look that deep.
    I can vaguely recall '82 - that was some proper snow depths!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Come on snow. Come to Cavan. You know you want to.

Yes, slowly during the week but nothing significant mild mentioned, only slowly getting less cold according to Joan.

she used the term 'southern districts' i do believe, whatever geographical area that entails!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Here's a front and rear view of my house in D12. The most snow I've seen in Ireland since the 80s.

she used the term 'southern districts' i do believe, whatever geographical area that entails!

hmm yes that could easily change to everywhere except Ulster by tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

gazzer wrote: »
    Come on snow. Come to Cavan. You know you want to.

lol

also, on a brighter note munsterlegend she did mention tonights showers pushing into munster

• Advertisement

hmm yes that could easily change to everywhere except Ulster by tomorrow evening.

or maybe just maybe the milder air will be pushed back!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement