Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your biggest worry......

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

padi89 wrote: »
    Money isn't worth a ****e to you when you have an untreatable chronic condition or a terminal illness, until you have experienced this you won't realize.
    Don't kid yourself. Even in terminal situations money is a contributing factor to the kind of care you'll receive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

Getting my girlfriend pregnant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Polar Girl

I think that while money may dictate how well your treatment is- It would more so make you realise how insignificant money actually is and lessen it's importance to you. Your life is everything and if your faced with a terminal disease money is meaningless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Polar Girl wrote: »
    I think that while money may dictate how well your treatment is- It would more so make you realise how insignificant money actually is and lessen it's importance to you. Your life is everything and if your faced with a terminal disease money is meaningless.

My friend has a degenerative condition which will ultimately end his life. He and his family and friends have thrown all the money they have to getting him treatment abroad to lengthen his life. Money is certainly not insignificant to him, without it he'd be dead in a matter of years, with it and the most up to date treatments, he can live 20-25 yrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Been buried alive!! scares the bo*lox outta me!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭ninalucy1985

Drowning or suffocating or waking up next to brian cowen or trying to be smart on a forum and reading over my post to find out my spelling is arseways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Sleepy wrote: »
    Don't kid yourself. Even in terminal situations money is a contributing factor to the kind of care you'll receive.

Can't say i agree with you there, you may have more options open to you initially but ultimately if no treatments are working your money can only go so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Oh excuse me for actually answering a question truthfully on this board! You are a very sick disgusting person if you finding the deaths of two children funny!! Their names were Anthony and David C* and they died on the 15/04/89 in Cherry Orchard, Ballyfermot. Look it up if you don't believe me. They had to knock down and rebuild a lot of houses in that area because of faults found in the construction of those houses that were only noticed because of that fire.

*there's no way i'm giving my last name out on this board.

I remember the fire. I lived just 100m from the house at the time. Those old 'legoland' houses where deathtraps.

The whole community was shocked by what happened. Such nice kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

I'm scared of dying in a fire. When I was a child, a fire broke out at my uncle's house. My three cousins were alone in the house at the time. My uncle was working and my aunt just left them alone for a few minutes to go to the supermarket down the road. She left the oldest, who was 12, looking after the other two that were 5 and 7. She thought they'd be okay. But there was a gas explosion in the house while she was gone. Apparently the 12 year old was making beans on toast for the younger two when the brand new gas cooker blew up. The 7 year old was upstairs at the time and was rescued by a neighbour that climbed up to the bedroom window with a ladder, broke the window and pull him out. The two other boys where found downstairs in the kitchen after the fire had been put out. The older boy had his body wrapped around his younger brother's. It looked like he was trying to protect him. I was 8 at the time. My parents tried to stop me from finding out how they died, how bad it was. But the daughter of the man who saved my cousin's life was in my class at school and I learned in very graphic detail from her everything that had happened... how they died, the screaming coming from the house, the two boys burned to death, the burns covering my living cousins body. I had nightmares about this for years afterwards... I still do sometimes around the anniversary of their deaths. It's my biggest fear.

If only you had used paragraphs I'd be bothered to read that.....oh well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

jd007 wrote: »
    If only you had used paragraphs I'd be bothered to read that.....oh well

Banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

A lot of posters here are pointing out that their biggest fear is losing their job or not having enough money for basic needs. They all make a good point, and as long as its relevant, they are right. If you are healthy and cant afford food or mortage then lack of money is a huge and valid fear.

12 months ago, I had a normal life. Then my husband was made redundant. we had a baby, so the loss of husbands (much loved) career and money was our biggest worry. Then he got a great job, we thought we were made until he died 6 weeks after starting. The following month my mother was diagnosed with cancer.

My point is- money is a valid worry. I just didnt realise how much I took for granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭sKepTics_George

Not getting enough points in me Leaving Cert, i will be in big trouble.
    I hate the education system !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Sleepy wrote: »
    Polar Girl wrote: »
    I think that while money may dictate how well your treatment is- .
    My friend has a degenerative condition which will ultimately end his life. He and his family and friends have thrown all the money they have to getting him treatment abroad to lengthen his life. Money is certainly not insignificant to him, without it he'd be dead in a matter of years, with it and the most up to date treatments, he can live 20-25 yrs.

Somebody who posts here (sorry I don't know who) has a sig that reads "Money doesn't buy happiness... but it does buy a more pleasant form of misery" I think it sums up the money issue perfectly.

I'm scared of mice. I'd be happier to stay out in the cold tonight than stay in a house with a mouse. My mothers cat brings dead mice sometimes, I can just about cope with that but if there was a live one I'd be screaming.

Scared of cancer too as someone else posted earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Dying alone, lonely and sad :(
    I'm the youngest by 9 years in a very small family (5 of us incl parents don't have any cousins or anutie/uncles etc that I know anyway) none of us are into having kids and my partners 8 years old than me not looking too good so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Not getting everything I want to experience done in time.
    Life really is soo short it frightens me when I really think about it.

Money is a valid worry. It controls everything.:mad:
    It makes you loose years.:mad:

Drowning.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

lol

your fuc king sick and should be banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

my biggest concern is my daughters health and happiness.

and thank you channel 4, tsunami's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

your fuc king sick and should be banned

Banned - Attack the post not the poster, regardless of the context.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Being banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

gamblitis wrote: »
    Getting my girlfriend pregnant.

Getting his girlfriend pregnant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Suffering.

Advertisement