Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your biggest worry......

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

UPC are threatening to cut my internet connection for the month.

Damn fair use policy.

<---goes to download more movies/tv shows.
    They're actually cracking down? And here was me laughing at all the americans thinking i was invincible behind my towering fortress of snails pace irish copyright law

Oh nothing to do with copyright. I meant their 250gb bandwidth per 30 days limit. They say 'no limit' but they don't actually mean it.
    A manager actually calls to 'warn' me that I may be impacting other users. Of course, I pointed out that only 2 weeks ago I was informed that there are only 7 users on my segment (it's new), so this was unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Doors being left unlocked at night and someone coming in. I am seriously paranoid about stuff like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

baz2009 wrote: »
    Doors being left unlocked at night

Do something that results in a life sentence in prison. You'd be sorted then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Yesterday I was worried about Feral teenage gangs but today Im worried about Burqua's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭3qsmavrod5twfe

Gingers and reverse vampires.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Loosing my penis to a whore with disease. Just kidding ,Loosing my life to a whore with disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭This_Years_Love

I'm scared of dying in a fire. When I was a child, a fire broke out at my uncle's house. My three cousins were alone in the house at the time. My uncle was working and my aunt just left them alone for a few minutes to go to the supermarket down the road. She left the oldest, who was 12, looking after the other two that were 5 and 7. She thought they'd be okay. But there was a gas explosion in the house while she was gone. Apparently the 12 year old was making beans on toast for the younger two when the brand new gas cooker blew up. The 7 year old was upstairs at the time and was rescued by a neighbour that climbed up to the bedroom window with a ladder, broke the window and pull him out. The two other boys where found downstairs in the kitchen after the fire had been put out. The older boy had his body wrapped around his younger brother's. It looked like he was trying to protect him. I was 8 at the time. My parents tried to stop me from finding out how they died, how bad it was. But the daughter of the man who saved my cousin's life was in my class at school and I learned in very graphic detail from her everything that had happened... how they died, the screaming coming from the house, the two boys burned to death, the burns covering my living cousins body. I had nightmares about this for years afterwards... I still do sometimes around the anniversary of their deaths. It's my biggest fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Massive Muscles

I'm scared of dying in a fire. When I was a child, a fire broke out at my uncle's house. My three cousins were alone in the house at the time. My uncle was working and my aunt just left them alone for a few minutes to go to the supermarket down the road. She left the oldest, who was 12, looking after the other two that were 5 and 7. She thought they'd be okay. But there was a gas explosion in the house while she was gone. Apparently the 12 year old was making beans on toast for the younger two when the brand new gas cooker blew up. The 7 year old was upstairs at the time and was rescued by a neighbour that climbed up to the bedroom window with a ladder, broke the window and pull him out. The two other boys where found downstairs in the kitchen after the fire had been put out. The older boy had his body wrapped around his younger brother's. It looked like he was trying to protect him. I was 8 at the time. My parents tried to stop me from finding out how they died, how bad it was. But the daughter of the man who saved my cousin's life was in my class at school and I learned in very graphic detail from her everything that had happened... how they died, the screaming coming from the house, the two boys burned to death, the burns covering my living cousins body. I had nightmares about this for years afterwards... I still do sometimes around the anniversary of their deaths. It's my biggest fear.

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

A fire or someone breaking into my house/car. I just have a big fear/worry of that

+ 1.

Always had a fear of it since I was small. Every time I hear or someone I know or someone near where I live being burgled, I can't sleep properly for days.

• Advertisement

lol

Dude, I know it's after hours but jeezus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Massive Muscles

NothingMan wrote: »
    Dude, I know it's after hours but jeezus!
    The story was made up, the darkest of black humour. Unless I have read it completely wrong. If so then, unlol.

The story was made up, the darkest of black humour. Unless I have read it completely wrong. If so then, unlol.

Where's the humour? Now if she had have thrown a knock knock joke in there I'd see your point.

Knock knock,
    HEEELLLPPP!!!!!

*sorry

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

+ 1.

Always had a fear of it since I was small. Every time I hear or someone I know or someone near where I live being burgled, I can't sleep properly for days.

Yeah, just the thought of someone else in your house is scary. That's why sometimes I don't like being on my own in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Right now it's what I'm going to do to pay the rent once this contract ends in mid February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

That something will happen to my kids or husband - I can cope with any money or job issues but I have nightmares about somebody snatching one of the kids or a policeman calling to the door with bad news.

Yeah, just the thought of someone else in your house is scary. That's why sometimes I don't like being on my own in the house.

So you don't like being home alone incase someone comes into your house. But once they're in your house you're no longer home alone so then you're not scared anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Home invasion
    Fire
    Let go

Why would a home invade you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

lol

Take some time off to evaluate whether you want to be part of AH or not.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

NothingMan wrote: »
    So you don't like being home alone incase someone comes into your house. But once they're in your house you're no longer home alone so then you're not scared anymore.

Yes exactly :D

I mean strangers in the house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭This_Years_Love

lol

Oh excuse me for actually answering a question truthfully on this board! You are a very sick disgusting person if you finding the deaths of two children funny!! Their names were Anthony and David C* and they died on the 15/04/89 in Cherry Orchard, Ballyfermot. Look it up if you don't believe me. They had to knock down and rebuild a lot of houses in that area because of faults found in the construction of those houses that were only noticed because of that fire.

*there's no way i'm giving my last name out on this board.

Oh excuse me for actually answering a question truthfully on this board! You are a very sick disgusting person if you finding the deaths of two children funny!! Their names were Anthony and David C* and they died on the 15/04/89 in Cherry Orchard, Ballyfermot. Look it up if you don't believe me. They had to knock down and rebuild a lot of houses in that area because of faults found in the construction of those houses that were only noticed because of that fire.

I assure you that although you will find a lot of low brow humour here, most people know where the line is. For some reason I think Massive Muscles got it into his head you were joking (maybe because it's AH). Try not to tar us all with the same brush, we're a simple folk but we mean well......most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

EDIT: *sry

Unnecessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

bonerm wrote: »
    Loosing my penis to a whore with disease. Just kidding ,Loosing my life to a whore with disease.
    Excuse me pleeease?! :eek:

</ocd post>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

My biggest fear is that I won't realise any of my dreams and be resigned to some mundane job that I hate for the rest of my life.

Scares the living crap out of me. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Serious Answer: Cancer.

Hilarious AH Answer: Oh **** it something witless and Mary Harney related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

suitseir wrote: »
    And I suppose people will say that money is NOT as important as health, etc. etc. But it IS! It is important in ALL aspects of life, in health, definitely in ill-health, good bad or indifferent it rules our lives.

Money isn't worth a ****e to you when you have an untreatable chronic condition or a terminal illness, until you have experienced this you won't realize.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Idiot.

My biggest fear would be something happening to my family or friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

That my mum won't get a transplant. Carry donor cards, people!

Biggest worry personally is that I'll never decide what I want to do and will float aimlessly through life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

I can understand your fear. A colleague of mine whom I worked with some years ago lost all of her family in a fire...just herself and her brother survived. Dreadful absolutely dreadful.

There is no barometer for worry.

Another poster said finding a lump etc. etc. I totally understand that. Let's just say I have had some experience. However, I respect all worries that people have and I certainly can understand yours. Fears such as yours or being attacked or being broken into, are by and large outside our control. It's the worries that we have and can have SOME control over bug me....but they are still there, niggling at us. One worry supersedes another, in my experience.

I wish you contentment.

Advertisement