Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SOCKS OVER SHOES

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 arianpower

I'd rather stay in the house and keep my socks and arse dry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

I wouldn't take him too seriously.. in the last episode he gave himeself an enema with water full of bird shit to stay hydrated..

I think I'd rather die tbh

That was pretty disturbing... "This should only be used as a last resort", yeh because colonic irrigation is so much fun, fucking knobhead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

I put this in the Dublin forum, but here goes (might save an arm or a leg). Quick & easy fix for shoes so as not to slip on ice

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭TheScribbler

Wossack wrote: »
    fell over trying haul my socks on over my shoes and banged by head off the dresser

just man up and wrap your feet with barbed wire
    A friend of mine in the army was posted to Iraq and one of the last things he was given on arriving wa a condom. 'Is this in case I get lucky in Basra?' he asked the Sargent. 'No sunshine,' he replied, 'you stretch that little beastie over your barrel to keep the sand out - it might just save your life!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,505 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Socks on the outside - an old climber's trick, that.
    Instead of wrapping a sock over your shoe, another tip is to put a strip of brown adhesive bandage (like this) along the length of the sole of your shoe, or a few short strips across the width. It won't make you look as ridiculous as wearing a sock over your shoes and provides good traction.
    This has potential!
    And you can staple it on! As long as theres staples involved i'm sold:D
    Now we're beginning to suck diesel!

Edit: Or even: Staple a cutaway woollen sock to your shoes/boots. Fuppin' brilliant, I tells ya!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5 crimmyj

I swear to god - all the ladies out there, high heels are a far preferable option than flats or runners. I walked 45 mins to and from work in Dublin all week and managed to stay vertical, having payed no heed to the looks I was getting i.e. 'where does your one think she is going in the stilettos?!' If you think about it, same concept as drilling a screw into your sole (suggested above).

Having said that, I wouldn't mind trying out the socks over shoes option. One question, must the socks be of the mad thick woolly variety or will a thinnish pair do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,505 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Wool is the traditional choice... I think the protuding hairs play their part.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

I did this on my way too and from work, with shoes that have no friction on the soles and it worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭familyguy

Or these yokeys: http://duenorthproducts.com/products_details.php?cat=89&prod=6

Heard somebody in college talking about how great they were but Great Outdoors were out of them. Found some in Go Tactical in Bray, an airsoft/outdoor equipment shop for €25 (apparently Great Outdoors were doing them for €35). They just stretch over shoes, they're fairly hardy and look like they'd take a beating. They've got 6 small metal studs in the bottom (2 spares are included) so should keep me upright on icy footpaths. Can't wait for the next couple weeks of snow now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

tba wrote: »
    What a Legend! Where did he get the tube?

The cameraman gave it to him. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

familyguy wrote: »
    Or these yokeys: http://duenorthproducts.com/products_details.php?cat=89&prod=6

Heard somebody in college talking about how great they were but Great Outdoors were out of them. Found some in Go Tactical in Bray, an airsoft/outdoor equipment shop for €25 (apparently Great Outdoors were doing them for €35). They just stretch over shoes, they're fairly hardy and look like they'd take a beating. They've got 6 small metal studs in the bottom (2 spares are included) so should keep me upright on icy footpaths. Can't wait for the next couple weeks of snow now!

Ordered these as well. There meant to be good. Will see over the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

wes wrote: »
    Ordered these as well. There meant to be good. Will see over the next couple of weeks.

Where did you order them from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 wrightit

Just got a set in go tactical in Bray today.

Not the same as familyguys but similar 25Euro

They might post them if you are can't make it to them.give them a ring 01 274 5815

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

baz2009 wrote: »
    Yeah, but ya'd look like a spanner. Mainland Europeans have no shame.
    :eek::eek::D
    It's true. I have none.

Advertisement