Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water supply warning in Fingal/Garristown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭dtf

I live in the Luttrellstown area of Carpenterstown. We have had water at the mains, but no water getting to the water tank in the attic since Saturday afternoon. Suspected it might have been frozen internal water pipes.

Just checked the attic tank now on Sunday night, and the water is flowing again. Judging by the number of people in the area who have experienced the same problem, i'm thinking that the water pressure was too low to reach the height of the attic. It's unlikely that everyones internal pipes have frozen, besides the really cold tempratures were on Thrusday / Friday and not Saturday when the problem seemed to arise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

I've checked my tank - no sign of ice.

Still no water in my upstairs taps or toilets tho :(

No apparent sign of burst pipes either.

Hope it will be back tomorrow..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Matamoros

My kitchen cold tap is back on but my upstairs taps and loo aren't working, hopefully the thaw should get the water pressure back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Matamoros wrote: »
    My kitchen cold tap is back on but my upstairs taps and loo aren't working, hopefully the thaw should get the water pressure back.

Same situation as me - but my tank has water in it?????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

My cold tap in the kitchen is gone, but the hot tap is alive.

The other day, the hot tap went and the cold worked!

Back out with the hair dryer, just in case ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Ciaran187

In Hartstown. Mains water gone in the past hour. Anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Friend rang me to say its gone in Riverwood. Other parts in Castleknock still ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Mains gone in Fernleigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

IMPORTANT NOTICE
    WATER SUPPLY CRITICAL - FINGAL AREA
    Monday 11th January, 2010
    Fingal County Council's principal water reservoir at Ballycoolen and all other reservoirs in the county are at critically low levels. Across the region, all Councils are continuing to produce water on a 24 hour basis but water supplies throughout are at critical levels because of increased demand.
    As a result Fingal County Council will be throttling water supply from today. Water supply will NOT be cut off completely but all areas will experience reduced pressure and there may be a disruption to supply during the day or at night over the next couple of days. Greatest restrictions will applied at night-time when there is lower demand on the supply.
    The Council will continue to monitor water levels over the coming days. Regular updates will be provided by e-mail to Councillors, on our website www.fingalcoco.ie, on Aertel P624, Press release to radio and television, and posts on Twitter.
    We appreciate the co-operation and patience of all our customers at this time.

Taken from http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Water/CustomerServices-WaterDepartment/EmergencyInformationUpdates/

Gaspode wrote: »
    Who's have thought we'd all be delighted to see rain in January!

The more the better tbh. :eek:

Water all around us, just none in the pipes, and whats there leaking away through old pipes and new leaks. What a country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Im in Corduff and the water has gone within the last hour.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭dtf

What a county more like. Its time Fingal County Council got off their arse and stopped running things like football clubs in North County Dublin and spent more time working on the real issues like improving the infastructure of the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭blue_steel

Carpenterstown Road: Just in and no mains water.
    Closed heating system has dropped 0.5 bar and can't top up cos no mains pressure. Just marvie :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Waters gone for me in Lutrellstown. Guess we'll be eating chips with our spaghetti bolognese:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

No water for me either ... I am really p!ssed off ... So they re saying they're not cutting it off yet, they did and right now we cannot be sure when they will be able to turn it back on?
    There will a lot of smelly people in work tomorrow ...

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭blue_steel

Where are you Caroline ie ?
    I am seething watching the news. "Councils in greater Dublin may be forced to cut off supply..." THEY ALREADY HAVE.

blue_steel wrote: »
    Where are you Caroline ie ?
    I am seething watching the news. "Councils in greater Dublin may be forced to cut off supply..." THEY ALREADY HAVE.

I am on the same road as yourself...

102184.jpg

Wonder is it improving or getting worse and my end of D15 is the 1st to get hit.

Ours was gone earlier but is back now. Someone on the radio said it wouldn't take long for supply to build back up if demand fell. They said demand was only 15% higher today vs 25% the previous day. With the rain on the way I don't think it will be a problem for long.

I don't think laurellodge and riverwood have thebsame supply riverwood has far more lime and some told me
    it's fed from Meath.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I havent noticed any change in water pressure or interruptions to supply at this end of D15.

EMERGENCY WEATHER UPDATE AND INFORMATION - 7pm Monday 11th January

WATER SUPPLIES CRITICAL
    As a result of record breaking peaks in water usage in recent days, reservoirs in the Fingal County Council area are at a critically low level. In order to recharge water storage and return to normal supply levels, Council Engineers are currently “throttling” water supplies across the whole county. Throttling means reducing the volume of water going into the network from the reservoir.
    Although the public water supply is not cut off, some customers will suffer reduced water pressure or a complete loss of water as a result of throttling. Areas most affected today include most of Castleknock, Blanchardstown, Clonsilla, Oldtown, The Naul, Donabate, Rush, Lusk and parts of Balbriggan.
    The Council has allowed extra water into the public supply this afternoon to alleviate water shortages but water restrictions will have to continue until our reservoirs return to normal levels. Water tankers may be deployed in the coming days if water is unavailable for long periods of time.
    Details of tanker collection points and times will be published here and on Aertel P624.

Fingal County Council is urgently appealing to water consumers to conserve available water supplies as we do what we can to allow reservoirs to recharge. Supply restrictions will have to continue while levels remain low.
    Residents across Fingal are especially asked NOT TO LEAVE TAPS RUNNING as this wastes vast quantities of water

great

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

The County Council notices seem to suggest that the cause in low water volumes is root caused to people leaving their taps on.......off to the ranting and raving forum for me.

LeperKing wrote: »
    The County Council notices seem to suggest that the cause in low water volumes is root caused to people leaving their taps on.......off to the ranting and raving forum for me.
    they re leaving the taps open so it doesn't 'freeze' .. morons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xeni

No water since the afternoon in Riverwood area. Just great...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SNOOP101

Water in laurel lodge is also still gone

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

LeperKing wrote: »

Are you suggesting that those selfish sods who have left their taps running almost solidly for a week aren't to blame for the fact that there's now no water in the reservoir?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Gaspode wrote: »
    Are you suggesting that those selfish sods who have left their taps running almost solidly for a week aren't to blame for the fact that there's now no water in the reservoir?
    No. LeperKing is going to the R&R forum to R&R about the selfish sods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Seemed to be a burst pipe on the road from the park to Castleknock at the junction of Auburn Ave tonight, also one in the park approaching the first roundabout from town. Water wasted all over the place! Too late in the day to phone them in so the waste continues.

• Advertisement

Maybe theres a out of hours number?

Advertisement