Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Winter Tyres... and wheels

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,791 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ok, I can't find anywhere in IRE or UK that sells Michelin X-ICE :(

Need 2 new tyres for all season too so would like to get 2 of these and 4 winters in the one delivery if possible. Any other places besides eyretyres/camskill that offer a good service to Ireland? Maybe somewhere in Germany, or Finland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Hi Cormie, not sure if its been mentioned already but did you try eiretyres and camskill?

yup, camskill all sold out pretty much of all their winters and eiretyres don't have the X-ICE. I'd like to get them if I can, but if absolutely nowhere has them, I guess I could get some other type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

Have you tried to find Nokian Hakkapeliitta R tyre instead of X-ice?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I did a good bit of research on this recently, ended up ordering a set of Continental Winter Contact 830P from eiretyres. Apparently Vredestein SnowTrac won a lot of awards this year, but they weren't available in my size - eiretyres have them too.

• Advertisement

Yup, have also searched for the Nokian with no luck :(

Anan, would you have gone with the Vredestein if they had them in your size over the continental? Just based on what I've read about the X-ICE, they seem perfect for the conditions we get here. Did the Vredestein/Continental seem to suit or conditions or would they be for areas with much heavier snow and that? Are they studded? The michelin X-ICE aren't studded but apparantly act nearly just as good as studded ones.

It's very hard to tell, there are only so many reviews you can read before your head starts to spin! I'd say you'd be more than happy with either.

Yeah, I'm stuck in X-ICE mode at the moment just because 1, maybe 2 recommendations on boards but these above would probably be fine too.

Still after some wheels too, spotted these: http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=174712&cat=45 but not sure if they'd fit the Astra G I have.

This is taking forever to sort out :P

cormie wrote: »
    This is taking forever to sort out :P
    I hear ya. There's only so much research you can do, at some point you just have to put in the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

camskill.co.uk stock winter tyres afair, and ship overnight to Ireland for the right price.

More than you need to know about wheels here: http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html
    Wow, superb link there, lots of info on suspension systems etc too. Nice one!

• Advertisement

Since this was bumped, I got myself a pair of rims from adverts, they came off the exact model I have so are the perfect fit. Still interested in getting winter tyres anyway.

Advertisement