Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who will be big in 2010

Options
  • 06-01-2010 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭

Hearing lots of noise for two door cinema club who according to a lot of people will be very big this year. Heard them on Paul McLoone last night. Not bad but wasn't bowled over. Want to hear more from Oh Emporer as really liked the single po and ham sandwich from what i have heard of them so far and Fred another band who have impressed me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Vampire weekend not bad either so could be a good year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Scien wrote: »
    It's gonna be a huge year for Mumford & Sons.

So big that teenage girls will be playing Little Lion Man through their phones on buses by May.
    If i hear that song one more time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭L.T.D

The Drums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

L.T.D wrote: »
    The Drums

+1
    Delphic might make an impact too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Been listening to any song that Everything, Everything have put out and they just keep getting better.

Very unique vocals from the lead singer. One of the albums im most looking forward to this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ColRyan

Delphic, Codes and Mumford and Sons should be huge this year. I hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Hearing lots of noise for two door cinema club who according to a lot of people will be very big this year. Heard them on Paul McLoone last night. Not bad but wasn't bowled over. Want to hear more from Oh Emporer as really liked the single po and ham sandwich from what i have heard of them so far and Fred another band who have impressed me.

+1 for O Emperor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Surfer Blood are gonna appear, Beach House are gonna inflate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 OnaedInSpace

Marina & the Diamonds. The onslaught of females taking over the music industry is going to continue for at least another year i feel. But she is really great at what she does, and banging hot too. Album drops february 14th, i think?

Local Natives I hope make it big this year, their album Gorilla Manor is fantastic. Check it out if you have not yet. And they are playing the academy 2 in early march. Yummers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Mumford & sons

king-stew wrote: »
    Mumford & sons
    I think Mumford and Sons are more mainstream then indie to be fair at this stage.

Karlusss wrote: »
    Surfer Blood are gonna appear, Beach House are gonna inflate.

Yeah I reckon th beach House record is gonna be AOTY for so many people

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭MajorThom

All been mentioned already but The Drums, Marina and the Diamonds and Two Door Cinema Club will be big this year. And a special mention for O Emperor, that song Po is flippin' brilliant.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

New album from the wrens will be worth listening to if infact it does come out!

Yeah I reckon th beach House record is gonna be AOTY for so many people
    when is it due out for release. whats their best song to date?

22nd Jan. Gila was probably their biggest single to date, though I've always thought of them more as an album kinda band than having individual standout tracks. Used to be was released as a 7" six months or so back and it's off the nw record. There is an mp3 of Norway on their site as well I think!

22nd Jan. Gila was probably their biggest single to date, though I've always thought of them more as an album kinda band than having individual standout tracks. Used to be was released as a 7" six months or so back and it's off the nw record. There is an mp3 of Norway on their site as well I think!
    Some interesting stuff in there alright. Trying to work out what their influences are. Quite like song You came to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Drake

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Depends on what you mean by Big?

A completely unknown band who are going to make a bit of an impact in the 'alt' scene?

An existing band who are going to break into the mainstream?

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Depends on what you mean by Big?

A completely unknown band who are going to make a bit of an impact in the 'alt' scene?

An existing band who are going to break into the mainstream?
    Talking about a band who will be on everyones lips by years end. And again im not that convinced about Mumford and sons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Good bit of buzz surrounding Dinosaur Pile-up. If they do actually get around to releasing an album it could be their year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭c4cat

Me!!! 6ft 4 inch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

probably some watered down nme pumped 'nu' gang of four meets omd with notunes.....we are moving from the early 80's now into the mid eighties retro 'revival'....within a year i'd say it will morph into well whatever happened in the mid eighties :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Talking about a band who will be on everyones lips by years end. And again im not that convinced about Mumford and sons.
    Give us an example for 2009 then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭ludwit

+1 on Marina and the diamonds and The Drums. so poppy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Technophobe

check out Zorbing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

+1 on the drums, also delphic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭mada999

just listening to O Emperor, and those Delphics...

not convinced by either of them or those mumfords and sons crowd either..... meh....

What bout John Shelly and the creatures....

Advertisement