Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GearScore

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

The pvp resto set for Shamans is a very good starting point and easy enough to get (boring farming honor though) for you to start out in heroics, perfectly fine to heal with as the sets have a lot of great healing stats to work with if you discount the +res on them. Was still wearing the Resto pvp headpiece up until a day or so ago until I got enough badges to get the Tier head.

I wouldn't discount a healer in the pvp set so long as they've also made an effort to enchant/gem the set well enough to reach good enough stats to enable them to heal fine with it in Heroics. As for raiding with the pvp resto set, I dunno, couldn't pass judement on that myself now.

I still don't like the way gearscore doesn't take gems and enchants (and even proper class raiding spec) into account. Getting sick of watching trade spam from retards asking for high gearscore to join their raids. I go check out their own gear and at least 80% of the time they've not even bothered to enchant or gem themselves proper or even at all. I've taken to completely ignore any DK whatsoever who is running a raid, unless they're a well geared, spec'd and proper gem/enchanted tank. I won't join a raid with a raid leader who hasn't bothered to gem or enchant their gear or who has a shítty spec, or dual shít spec, I don't care how high their GS is.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Combining Gearscore with Elitist group is literally a must for me now on any pug.

Gs gives me the prequisite for people. They tell me their GS, they come close I confirm, sorted.

Then I target them and /EG, EG tells me if their gear is enchanted correctly, gemmed correctly, and is proper gear for the spec that are using. It also tells me all their raid kills, and if anyone has left them a rating or comments.

This morning I got into a random where elitist group pops the rating box at the start. Fresh of the bat I saw a tank that had got very negetive reviews from guildies and friends, so I passed this info to the rest of the group, tank left, new one came, group went on fine.

In raids its critical imo.

Especially for ICC pugs. With so many fake achiever going around, this simply tells me if they have killed a boss etc.

Ironically a warrior yesterday boasting a nice gearscore, had some gem anomolies, that EG caught, and flagged me with.

He has intellect gems......as a dps warrior...I **** you not.

That guy now carries a retard warning in my EG, which is shared to my friends and guildies, and will never set foot into a group I'm in.

Harsh maybe, but at the end of the day I'm paying my subs money to get **** done, or make good attempts, not to play with absolute spazmos.

Out of interest, that warrior had a 5.4k gearscore...which means he had raided most probably toc 25 and possibly icc already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

doesnt battle shout scale with intellect? what a pro :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I joke not when I say that I had a lvl 80 warrior try to tell me that int gems increased his crit chance...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

<3 my 5.4k Gear Score!!

whats gear score?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Lonew0lf

I wanna beat the inventor of Gearscore like a red headed step child.

I play on Vek'nilash and I'm certain we were among the first to suffer the GS plague:

"LFM naxx10 5.2k gs reg".... er????

I do agree with the idea that a higher GS reflects a characters POTENTIAL best, buts this is all too often never equaled by the players skill. And it still doesn't take into account BiS items - Darkmoon Card: Greatness being an example at ilvl 200 and is still better than most other trinkets out there for my hunter. I carry unenchanted/ungemmed gear for my mage so I can bump my GS to get into PUGS.

I've noticed players equipping higher GS items that do less DPS???

Sad thing is, if you're gonna PUG you gotta met the RL requirements and if he's looking for 5k gs for Naxx10 and you dont have it, well you're outta luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

The whole GS thing is a bit bull****, but its what the nubs seem to be going with. Glad ive got 2 5.6k GS toons i can use atm, but like said above, using my highest GS items i actually loose dps :(

Anti wrote: »
    The whole GS thing is a bit bull****, but its what the nubs seem to be going with.

Or raid leaders that want to get as much help as they can, get off your high mount, its non even an epic rare lolz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

The whole GS thing is a bit bull****, but its what the nubs seem to be going with. Glad ive got 2 5.6k GS toons i can use atm, but like said above, using my highest GS items i actually loose dps :(

2 x 5.6k gs toons... do you **** ! Link armory ! :D

I'd well believe he does without seeing

My warlock is 5.4k and my druid is 5k with two items required to equip when i get a sufficent offhand to hit my haste cap.

• Advertisement

Magill wrote: »
    2 x 5.6k gs toons... do you **** ! Link armory ! :D

Believe me or not, i couldn't really give a ****. 264 items are given away free these days.

Believe me or not, i couldn't really give a ****. 264 items are given away free these days.

Either you are literally the best player in the world or you play on a private server, where they do give them away for free.

I like to think the standard of player and pug on my server is pretty high, I dare say the highest from experience, and yet there is nothing but endless disasters trying to get pugs to get through fester and rotface...

Granted the first 4 bosses are easy, I think saying they are a free giveaway is slightly vague and misleading

Not really,

you can get 2 x 7 frost badges a week from dailys, 5 more for the weekly raid and then more from Icc pugs, there are alot of people going around with quite a few of the vendor items already

Granted you do have to put the work in for what, rotface and the ones after that. But the ones before hand are a bit of a joke really. And no way i would say im the greatest player in the world, but im pretty damn handy. You can ask the guys on here in the same guild as me, i embarass other hunters in much better gear.

Linkzor your armory then m8 !

Ah he's not lieing, he's a class player. Fine Hunter and excellent tank.
    Group up with him sometime and see for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

my guild leader

gearscore of 5900 last time i checked.

think he will be / is the first person to break the 6000 on laughing skull horde

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Ah he's not lieing, he's a class player. Fine Hunter and excellent tank.
    Group up with him sometime and see for yourself.

Not doubting that, just that an item lvl of 5600 is quite high for an alt, unless your in a really good guild / have alot of time. Its like an average itemlvl of 251 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I dunno my main is 5.6 and my alt is 5.4 and I have like a life and stuff. Turbo easy to gear really. Admittedly the alt is a tank so it doesn't take long to find high end pugs.

**** gearscore, I need to get an add on that can calculate retardscore.

Just had a random in PoS, where when I went in to attack some trash, the healer kept running the other way.

"Where are you going? Get over here and heal me!"

"No, i'm skipping that trash"

"You are are you? Why?"

"It's faster"

--I die-- (No res)

"My corpse run was faster eh? OK this time stick with me and don't run off"

Run to next trash pack

"Where the **** are you now? You're over there dying on trash that's out of the way...'tard"

"OMG STFU you don't know me WAH WAH WAH my mommy blah blah"

copeyhagen wrote: »
    my guild leader

gearscore of 5900 last time i checked.

think he will be / is the first person to break the 6000 on laughing skull horde

Loot council ?:D

• Advertisement

MD on the hunter, greatest thing you can have at your disposal on a crap pug. MD the healer everytime it's up and blame the tank for not holding aggro.
    If it's a crap pug, might as well get a giggle out of it.

Just make sure it is a crap tank though, otherwise he'll spot that you've done that, and kick you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

i have 3 chars over 9000 gear score, but im not going to link the armoury either so ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Gigilowgonewild

WoW-Heroes, Is alot better,

Advertisement