Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

EP Mooney liquidation auction

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

have the prices at home, so will check it out for you this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 19,908 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Hi all,

I am having a little difficulty. My father won a bid on the diesel 2010 BLUE Suzuki SX4 at ep mooney auctions for 12000e and was 100% on the price and happy, considering the forecourts market value of this car.

however, there seems to be a confusion. The Auctioneer appears to think that the hammer price was 13000e. Now we are certain that this is not the case. Why they do not have recorder or video in place is beyond me? That much cash being turned over and no written or recorded agreeement except verbal??? And the law probably will favour the auctioneer!!

I wonder has anyone else the same issue with eauctions???

Auctioneers could just ask for another 1000euro and most would not contest this thinkng it was their mistake???

They seem like a one man operation if you ask me!!!!

Now maybe it`s just an auctioneers mistake but who knows?

Did anyone else recorded the price for the diesel Suzuki BLUE SX4 2010? Only blue one in the auction!! This would really help me out. Auctioneer may settle at our price if he finds another person who saw the hammer price.

Thanks and I hope you can help.

Tipperarycahill

:):):)

was it 12,000 that he bid? surely there are further fees and costs on top of that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭alias no.9

The Auctioneer appears to think that the hammer price was 13000e. Now we are certain that this is not the case.

Auctioneer may settle at our price if he finds another person who saw the hammer price.
    Cyrus wrote: »
    was it 12,000 that he bid? surely there are further fees and costs on top of that

I think he's been very clear that the auctioneer has been disputing the hammer price before auctioneers fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭OCD

bf wrote: »
    have the prices at home, so will check it out for you this evening

i also have the price of the SX4s at home and i'll let you know later too.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭crótach

Jesus that's great, they have no proof of the agreed price! Just get a couple of people to say the hammer price was 10000 instead!

• Advertisement

Hi all,

I am having a little difficulty. My father won a bid on the diesel 2010 BLUE Suzuki SX4 at ep mooney auctions for 12000e and was 100% on the price and happy, considering the forecourts market value of this car.

however, there seems to be a confusion. The Auctioneer appears to think that the hammer price was 13000e. Now we are certain that this is not the case. Why they do not have recorder or video in place is beyond me? That much cash being turned over and no written or recorded agreeement except verbal??? And the law probably will favour the auctioneer!!

I wonder has anyone else the same issue with eauctions???

Auctioneers could just ask for another 1000euro and most would not contest this thinkng it was their mistake???

They seem like a one man operation if you ask me!!!!

Now maybe it`s just an auctioneers mistake but who knows?

Did anyone else recorded the price for the diesel Suzuki BLUE SX4 2010? Only blue one in the auction!! This would really help me out. Auctioneer may settle at our price if he finds another person who saw the hammer price.

Thanks and I hope you can help.

Tipperarycahill

:):):)

bad news mate, the hammer price was 13k. in fairness to the auctioneers, they have 2 guys up at the top recording the prices and everyone's radioed up to each other so i'd be surprised if they got it wrong.

they only make another 50euro from that 1k you're disputing with them so it's not as if they really care about the 50 quid but if they got it wrong for their client (the liquidator) well, then they tarnish their reputation so it's in their best interest to record everything accurately.

OCD wrote: »
    bad news mate, the hammer price was 13k. in fairness to the auctioneers, they have 2 guys up at the top recording the prices and everyone's radioed up to each other so i'd be surprised if they got it wrong.

they only make another 50euro from that 1k you're disputing with them so it's not as if they really care about the 50 quid but if they got it wrong for their client (the liquidator) well, then they tarnish their reputation so it's in their best interest to record everything accurately.

Yep, Lot 99 Blue Suzuki SX4 hammer price was €13k excluding VRT & fees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭oxegen85

hey bf,

do you know what the 08 Lancer went for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

anyone know how much the 07 Pathfinder went for?

Lancer went for €8k i think. 07 Commercial pathfinder was €9k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ChristyM

Sorry about another query BF, but do you know what the 08 7 seater Pathfinder went for?

Thanks

Christy

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tipperarycahill

Hi all,

First can i thank you all for your speedy replies. I posted this up to try and get a fair overview of the arguement as best as possible for my father and mother. I have Just read the replies and phoned some trades people who attended the auction last week.

- comments on boards heard 13000 and forecourt car buyer/seller in Dublin heard 12000 along with my Dad and Mother. It appears to be stalemate.

Having personally not met with the director or seen the auction in full operation but having listened to my father since the debate ended in agreement, they are a very good business and well operatored, so at least they are an honest company. They have come to an agreement and both parties are content with this(or else there would be no agreement).

I would like to stress to any auctioneer that in this century where kids are using the internet, mobile phones and computer games, that they splash out and buy a video recording system and an audible recording system to back up on a verbal agreement. It can only help the matter and provide real proof for both parties.

Thank you all very much for your help guys

ChristyM wrote: »
    Sorry about another query BF, but do you know what the 08 7 seater Pathfinder went for?

Thanks

Christy

€28k

Hi all,

First can i thank you all for your speedy replies. I posted this up to try and get a fair overview of the arguement as best as possible for my father and mother. I have Just read the replies and phoned some trades people who attended the auction last week.

- comments on boards heard 13000 and forecourt car buyer/seller in Dublin heard 12000 along with my Dad and Mother. It appears to be stalemate.

Having personally not met with the director or seen the auction in full operation but having listened to my father since the debate ended in agreement, they are a very good business and well operatored, so at least they are an honest company. They have come to an agreement and both parties are content with this(or else there would be no agreement).

I would like to stress to any auctioneer that in this century where kids are using the internet, mobile phones and computer games, that they splash out and buy a video recording system and an audible recording system to back up on a verbal agreement. It can only help the matter and provide real proof for both parties.

Thank you all very much for your help guys

If your Mum and Dad and that other seller heard 12k then I surmise they must've just missed the next call of 13k. Very easy done but I can guarantee you that 13k was the hammer price because there were 3 other people on my row all writing down the prices and we were constantly checking each other's notes. We were also only 5-6 rows from the auctioneer and had a giant speaker not too far from us so if your Dad came to an agreement for less that 13k then tell him he should be happy in the knowledge that he is not getting screwed.

Anyway, only posting this as it comes across as though your Dad is still a bit miffed. Hope he enjoys the car. They are a superb little machine and well built. Happy motoring!

€28k

:eek:
    crazy money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 airs

Hi, Could anyone tell me what the Fiat 500 went for? Planned on bidding but swine flu stopped me in my tracks..

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ChristyM

€28k

Thanks for that BF, much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭dizzydiesel

Absurdum wrote: »

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Bought for €28k and selling for €33k????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

That really pisses me off, how many creditors did they leave hanging, yet it's no problem to buy back your old stock with cash. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

• Advertisement
Advertisement