Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's One I Made Earlier... (Creative Arts thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

Colm! wrote: »
    I'm currently writing a series of poems, some of them are on my blog, don't want to reveal my blog until there's stuff worth reading on them.
    Basically, I want to create a series of poems, one for each month of the year. It may be related to a concept I relate to that time, or an experience I had then.

Here are two of them:

(fwiw, here's a photograph I took in January (yes, I know the poem is a bit wrong there) that inspired the poem http://i28.tinypic.com/292xiq8.jpg )

They're really really good Colm :) I especially love "June", it's simply a glorious poem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Nice song Bob! Quite a good recording too, I think :) What gear did you guys use? And your guitarist? Sounds nice!

Thanks man :)

You mean recording gear? We're lucky in that we've got a relative of the guitarist who really wants us to do well, and he happens to be in the money aswell :pac: So a few months ago he surprised us and bought one of these

166686.jpg
    And it's the balls :p

Guitarist is using a Mexican Fender Strat with an assortment of pedals :p
    Anyways, I just wanted to say, in my opinion, although your singer is very good, she seems to be singing way low. Like, I'm a dude, and I sang along with her and it felt low even for me. There's no way that can be 'too high' for her, considering she's female. Just my two cents!

I'll keep that in mind, and while I didn't notice it really before, a few of you have pointed it out now, and it's obvious, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Here's an acrylic painting of some zebras that I painted

luckymeadows001.jpg

And here's a portrait I did of Dexter Holland from The Offspring. His eyes are a bit (actually...very) wonky...must fix that...eventually!
    stuff002-1.jpg

And here's a painting of a horse

phone001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

^ Graet artisitic talent

Since arts are being crafted I'll throw in a doodle I did recently that I actually liked so much I kept it, which is a rare thing for me.

Home_by_K_R3N.jpg

And woah. I just absolutely love the style of that. It should be an animation!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

"Sing a Sad song for those who are gone,
    You won't wait long for those who carry on."

This has been in my head for the last few days,is it from a poem?or a song?
    I've no idea where I heard it,but I'm pretty sure I didn't make it up.

lil help?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

AllInOne wrote: »
    They're really really good Colm :) I especially love "June", it's simply a glorious poem!

I've been working on the series for some time now, as I've just hit 11 posts on my blog I've decided to start advertising it: http://asisaidiwould.blogspot.com/
    Four of them are there, I'm hoping to do more before I leave for IC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Since arts are being crafted I'll throw in a doodle I did recently that I actually liked so much I kept it, which is a rare thing for me.

Home_by_K_R3N.jpg

It reminds me of Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Home_by_K_R3N.jpg
    Prints of that would be pretty cool. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

"Sing a Sad song for those who are gone,
    You won't wait long for those who carry on."
    lil help?

It reminds me of the start of a John Montague poem we did, I think it's The Locket. It's starts off something like "Sing a sad song, for the lady who is gone, fertile source of something something.
    Jackobyte wrote:
    Prints of that would be pretty cool.

If you want I could send you a copy on some glossy photo paper, but I don't really know how to do prints otherwise. I think the site I uploaded it onto (deviantart) do all kinds of prints but, to borrow a Black Books quote, "Don't make me sick into my own scorn". It's all to do with money and royalties and things I can't even begin to pretend to care to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

If you want I could send you a copy on some glossy photo paper, but I don't really know how to do prints otherwise. I think the site I uploaded it onto (deviantart) do all kinds of prints but, to borrow a Black Books quote, "Don't make me sick into my own scorn". It's all to do with money and royalties and things I can't even begin to pretend to care to understand.
    That would be putting you to trouble then. I was just saying that you could make money from your doodles if the are all like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Ok, so I was practising drawing hands last night, and so, for funsies I decided to have them spell a certain internet site :P

Sorry about the shíttyness of the picture, it's taken on my phone as I have no camera :(

37987_1544372333748_1368200296_1471387_7517342_n.jpg

And, I know, the 's' is terrible, but you try making an 's' shape with one hand! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Sorry to pimp the band again, but we just put 2 new songs on the myspace page, any comments would be appreciated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

The first two are pretty good, I like the singer's voice.

Something happened to my webpage which made Rivers and Rocks play three times over each other, with about one second in between each of them. Turned it into an epic wall-of-sound, lost shoegazing classic. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

All great except the drumming, which was a crock o' shìte. Get rid. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Finished this rococo-style wallpaper design today, I'm going to be using it in the background of a drawing I'm working on. Happy with how it turned out, though getting it to tile properly was confusing. :p

rococowallpaper.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Finished this rococo-style wallpaper design today, I'm going to be using it in the background of a drawing I'm working on. Happy with how it turned out, though getting it to tile properly was confusing. :p

rococowallpaper.png

The egg with the musical notes around it wouldn't happen to be a link's awakening reference would it?

Craguls wrote: »
    The egg with the musical notes around it wouldn't happen to be a link's awakening reference would it?

Not intentionally, but yeah, it does look like it's got something to do with the Wind Fish with the notes and those wings underneath it! It's a reference to another game that appeared on a Nintendo console, one with bears, backpacks and jigsaw pieces.

So, I finished that drawing! Here 'tis, if you'd like a look. Sorry for double-posting, by the way.

Banjo_Kazooie_Teddy_by_Banjo_FellaBFBA.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

UP shoes!
    upshoes.jpg
    yeah, I know the pictures don't match-up but meh..

upshoes2.jpg
    I don't know what to do with the sides yet though...and I don't have sealent so they're not waterproof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

illiop wrote: »
    UP shoes!

I don't know what to do with the sides yet though...and I don't have sealent so they're not waterproof.

You could draw badges on the side like the ones that Russell has on his sash? I dunno if that helps:)

Russell-up.jpg

Sash.jpg

Seriously cool idea btw!

• Advertisement

You could draw badges on the side like the ones that Russell has on his sash? I dunno if that helps:)

Oooh thats a good idea! I really have to get the "grape Soda" badge thing in somewhere too. I got the idea off Deviantart (I don't have an account I just look) there are some seriously cool ones hand-done shoes there.

Oooh thats a good idea! I really have to get the "grape Soda" badge thing in somewhere too. I got the idea off Deviantart (I don't have an account I just look) there are some seriously cool ones hand-done shoes there.

Could you put up a link please? I'd love to see!:) Where do you get the pens and stuff?!

Here!

These
    are the only other "up" ones I've found, aren't they amazing?

I started off using acrylics, that's what most of the ones online seem to be done with but I found it difficult to apply so I started using my markers. I can't think of the name right now (and they're downstairs somewhere) but they are they are in most art shops and definately in the "art and hobbies shop".
    They do tend to bleed a little though and are probably not the best for the job but they were just what I had. I would recommend painting a layer of white over the shoe first because they bleed less that way.

The shoes were just €3 in Pennys. They aren't waterproof and I'd imagine sealent is expensive...but mine don't really fit me anyway so that doesn't matter!

Those Up shoes are amazing! I'd love to do something like that, there are some pretty funky Pokémon ones aswell!:cool:

Thanks a million! I'm going to go into Silkes in Limerick and see if they have anything in there. I'm all excited now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

brummytom wrote: »
    The only other Creative Writing thing I've done was a silly Irish song about a bigamist

I've only just re-found this.

A silly song I wrote like a year and a half ago (no one will read this, will they? )

If anyone knows it, I set it to the tune 'Courtin' in the Kitchen'
    Come all ye gather round
    And listen to me tale
    Last night was homeward bound
    But i stopped and had a wail
    For I bumped into Eileen
    She asked what I was thinkin
    I says to her; “You know, you don’t look too bad after drinkin’?”

With me toora loora la
    Me toora loora laddie
    A-toora loora la
    And me toora loora laddie

I moved in a bit closer
    To satisfy my hunger
    She said “Do you like fish?
    ‘Cos you smell like a fishmonger”
    At this I took great hurt
    She said “I’m only jokin’”
    She smiled and she laughed as my face she started strokin’

With me toora loora la....

She led me by the hand,
    With this i was uneasy
    A Colleen dragging Paddy could look, to others, sleazy
    I entered to her house
    As we kissed one another
    As she turned on the light, standing, staring was her mother

Well she raised up a broom
    And madly started screaming
    So I ducked and I manoeuvred and said, “I best be leavin’”
    The mother wouldn’t budge, so I pushed her out the window
    I thought that she was dead, until in the door she walked so

And so I stayed the night, outside I left me carriage
    Awoken by her mother, say’s “When will be the marriage?”
    Since you are acquainted with my youngest daughter
    If you do not wed her, then by god, there will be slaughter

With me toora loora la...

So later on that day, to her I vowed to marry
    With her mother still in pain, to the pub I had to carry
    I dressed meself all nice as I went to pop the question
    But my suit it got all ripped by an eejit at the session

With me toora loora la...

The wedding day it came, i prayed for no disaster
    I grinned as I looked over at her mother all in plaster
    The priest he said to me “Will, as your bride, you take her?”
    When in my marched my wife and says “No he bleedin’ won’t sir”

With me toora loora la.....

Chaos did ensue, with everybody screaming
    I said “Will you shut up? And just listen to my feelings:”
    “One wife is too few, and three wives is too many
    But two seems quite alright – just Eileen here and Jenny

With me toora loora la.....

So now I’m left with none, but the best of both world’s sampled
    Of wives I’ve had a few, as my wealth it is quite ample
    But Eileen’s always special, To me, she’s like no other
    And the icing on the cake, was the passing of her mother

:/

If you read all of that, fair fúcking play

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I just read all of it.

Now, I insist that you a) link me to a version of the original recording of "Courtin' In the Kitchen" and b) record a version of your own lyrics and post it in the Soundtrack to Your Angst thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I just read all of it.

Now, I insist that you a) link me to a version of the original recording of "Courtin' In the Kitchen" and b) record a version of your own lyrics and post it in the Soundtrack to Your Angst thread :D
    One of my favourite versions:

I recorded it at the time, even thinking about it makes me cringe. I could pm you it, but I'll warn you - it's even worse than my attempt at Raglan Road :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

One of my favourite versions:

I recorded it at the time, even thinking about it makes me cringe. I could pm you it, but I'll warn you - it's even worse than my attempt at Raglan Road :eek:

I haven't heard that song before. But the Toora Loora made me think you were talking about this song:

Also, your version was very funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

If you read all of that, fair fúcking play
    I didn't just read it all but I actually sang it in my head in the tune of the song.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

[Up shoes]..and I don't have sealent so they're not waterproof.

Those are so sweet! If you paint regular PVA glue over them it should stop them getting wrecked in the rain :)

Advertisement