Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's One I Made Earlier... (Creative Arts thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

K guys, need your advice. I'm modding my arcade stick with custom art and buttons, and I've made two designs. I wanna know which one you think looks better.

One is basically a wallpaper with my name and a splatter effect:

c0565.jpg
    And here's how it'll look on stick. Click below for bigger
    4a742.jpg

The other one I designed myself, and is below:
    107687.jpg
    And here's the mock-up. Click the image for a bigger version
    107685.jpg

So what'd ye think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

First one IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

First one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

First one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

for looks the first one,but if you put something more of yourself in th second one,it's more original.

first one for awesomeness

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

First one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Second one :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

First one (how will you get it printed)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

They both suck!

(first one though, really... :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I actually quite like the second one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Second!

Cool guys, one last thing, just in case you're wondering in the second one, it's honda doing a sumo headbutt, but shadowed over

664042-picture_3_super.png

As some of you know, myself and my band had our first performance to a crowd on Friday in the school talent show.

Here's our effort:

Crappy camera and the school's electronic drums are quite basic, but you get the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

As some of you know, myself and my band had our first performance to a crowd on Friday in the school talent show.

That was pretty well done, fair play :) Played that once or twice with my own band, we didn't like it much though. Not sure what part you were playing there, but the drums/bass/guitar trio played together very well, and I enjoyed the guitarists' clean tone especially!

Keep on going and hone your performance now ;)

EDIT: just saw your sig! Very nice drumming, if ye missed a beat at all I didn't notice it! :)

Currently working on a short animation in Flash, just to practice drawing. Happy with how it looks so far :)

108510.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Flash animation, now there's something I'd like to do myself. If only I were not so desperately poor. :(

Then I'd get to submit terrible stuff to Newgrounds and insist that I'll make better ones if they vote 5/5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

6p9kxw.jpg

More portfolio....I have to do a "study" on one object for my portfolio and present my "studies" on fifteen "sheets of information". It's all a load of bull but you have to do it! Being the weirdo that I am my object is a pheasants claw...lots of people in my class are doing sheep and cow skulls though....not long now until my interview. Sorry if this is massive!!

That is incredible. I wish I was that talented :o

Some serious drawing talent there, Arcade Panda! Is that portfolio for college entry of some sort?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Some serious drawing talent there, Arcade Panda! Is that portfolio for college entry of some sort?

Ya I applied for LIT and that's it. Fingers crossed I get in:o I'll be heartbroken if I don't but I'll just try again next year.:)

• Advertisement

Ya I applied for LIT and that's it. Fingers crossed I get in:o I'll be heartbroken if I don't but I'll just try again next year.:)

Ah coolio. That's a good attitude to have! Best of luck :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Wow, Panda! Amazing yet again. If you don't get into LIT, there's no hope for anyone!

Old thread is old...

Anyway, we've finally got some music with vocals on our band myspace, so anyone that wants to give it a listen, I'd love to hear some feedback :)

http://www.myspace.com/theplexmusic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Old thread is old...

Anyway, we've finally got some music with vocals on our band myspace, so anyone that wants to give it a listen, I'd love to hear some feedback :)

Lil tip: Play it more,the drum and guitar kind of drift out of sync in places.

And maybe up the music a note,it'd probably fit better with your singer voice.

/being a douche

Really good for a first song though,all you need now is a mullet and a facemelting solo and your set.

Lil tip: Play it more,the drum and guitar kind of drift out of sync in places.

I think that might be something to do with our recorder, all of the instruments were on separate tracks, and may have gone slightly out of sync when we "bounced" them together...

Or maybe I'm just making excuses :p
    And maybe up the music a note,it'd probably fit better with your singer voice.
    As in, make it higher? Take everything up a fret or two sort of thing?

That's strange, cause the girl our singer goes to for lessons told us we're forcing her to sing too high, and to take it down a notch.

So who do I believe? Think I'll go for the compromise and leave it exactly as it is :p
    /being a douche

Really good for a first song though,all you need now is a mullet and a facemelting solo and your set.

It's not being a douche at all, I'll welcome constructive criticism, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Old thread is old...

I like! Singer is very good, and [whatever instrument you play] in particular was excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Niallwithaz

I made this for my Junior Cert. wood project a couple of years ago. I thought Calvin Harris's album cover was cool and went from there! :D

calvin-harris.jpg

4199580926a10874326609l.jpg

That's strange, cause the girl our singer goes to for lessons told us we're forcing her to sing too high, and to take it down a notch.
    :)

Nice song Bob! Quite a good recording too, I think :) What gear did you guys use? And your guitarist? Sounds nice!

Anyways, I just wanted to say, in my opinion, although your singer is very good, she seems to be singing way low. Like, I'm a dude, and I sang along with her and it felt low even for me. There's no way that can be 'too high' for her, considering she's female. Just my two cents!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I'm currently writing a series of poems, some of them are on my blog, don't want to reveal my blog until there's stuff worth reading on them.
    Basically, I want to create a series of poems, one for each month of the year. It may be related to a concept I relate to that time, or an experience I had then.

Here are two of them:

december

the photograph I took last december
    didn't look like the picture hanging on the wall.
    whichever soul painted it
    must start and paint again.

I stood outside in the frozen world
    and took a photograph
    as snow engulfed the ground beneath us
    and the world turned to ice

I found an old machine.
    And I used it to capture the scene.
    Frozen in time, as cold as the night,
    Is the photograph I took, shining bright...
    a light in the darkness of my mind,
    the photograph reminds me of that split-second
    in time.

The painting differed in one way.
    Not only was I captured in the image
    There stood some soul by my side.
    One is an idea, one is a record.
    Neither of them seem to be true.
    Did I lose my way, some cold December?

So I'll take a brush in one hand,
    and erase the image of what never was.
    I do not know who created it,
    but I will destroy it.

And leave only a photograph of a frozen moment.
    Frozen in time.
    Eternal.
    (fwiw, here's a photograph I took in January (yes, I know the poem is a bit wrong there) that inspired the poem http://i28.tinypic.com/292xiq8.jpg )
    june

hope.
    ascend to new heights.
    discover new worlds.
    see the world through new eyes.

hope. it brought me there.
    on that night, June
    I climbed the mountain
    opened my eyes
    and looked below

I saw nothing.
    surrounded by mist
    I saw only
    the everlasting glow
    of the sunlight
    shining down
    on the world below
    and giving us
    hope.

You didn't even see the sun fall from the sky.
    Do you remember? That night? June?
    You didn't even see the mountains below.
    Have you forgotten? It all? The world below?
    You didn't see anything.
    Had you seen it all? And forgotten? Lost your hope?
    You didn't believe you'd see it.
    You only had to believe. Can't you remember?

stand amongst the clouds
    and look down
    realise that you've got nothing
    other than what you've been given.
    hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Since arts are being crafted I'll throw in a doodle I did recently that I actually liked so much I kept it, which is a rare thing for me.

Home_by_K_R3N.jpg

Advertisement