Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Playoff Challenge

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

yeah because there is such a huge overlap with GAA season and NFL :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭raddo

I'm in too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

A solid 113 points puts me in 7th place in this. I have 4 players (Austin, Witten, Rice and Cowboys D/ST) who will get double points next week, which seems about the same number as everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    A solid 113 points puts me in 7th place in this. I have 4 players (Austin, Witten, Rice and Cowboys D/ST) who will get double points next week, which seems about the same number as everyone else.

Wow My team sucked balls. 2nd from Bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Not bad for me, 109 with 5 double pointers next week. I picked Ray Rice, I just knew he was going to have a good day regardless of the result, sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Scored 96 with all my players done by the time of that shootout last night. Thought I would be up there until then.

Damn you cards and packs! :D

All but 1 into next week though so that helps.

If you have all double pointers bar one, I'm sure you will be the leader after next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

112 points, not bad. If I'd picked Felix jones instead of Barber I'd probably be near the top. Some tough choices ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

Now a lot of us are faced with either keeping our doubles or going with some of the bye teams huge fantasy point earners in the regular season who you may think have a better chance of reaching the superbowl. I think Witten would be a definite keeper given how poorly the Vikes have dealt with TE's in the regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Must check this when I get home later. Pretty sure it'll suck though since my Pats pair will have scored next to nothing. Should have followed head not heart dammit :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

4th place with a solid 122...could have 4 2x players for the playoffs but think im gonna drop the Jets defense...still dunno though...have Felix Jones, Thomas Jones and Jay Feely going as my doubles for sure...what do you think about the Jets Defense against the Chargers?

I think the Chargers have too many options. They had a wide spread of TD's from recievers in 2009. Revis is probably gonna own Jackson for the most part but with the height advantage i think Jackson can still catch a few big ones. Tomlinson knows he needs a good rushing game and Benson showed that the Jets D are vunerable to it.

I'm gonna stick with the Ravens Defense this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

A laughable 79 points for me this week :rolleyes:
    And to make matters worse I only have Joseph Addai going forward to next week. Think I'll just load up with Colts and Saints and hope they win through to the Superbowl and get me double points in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

108 for me and it gets me out of 2nd last place. :D Moved up a few spots :D

I took a risk and it didn't work out, I picked 5 Chargers.:rolleyes:

In another league i went Brees, Bush, Rice, Colston, Rice, Gates, Hartley and Vikings D. Don't know why i didn't just pick the same one for the boards league. Kept some doubles i really should have changed out.

currently in 1st place with a 7 point lead :) this never ever happens! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Mad_Max wrote: »
    Scored 96 with all my players done by the time of that shootout last night. Thought I would be up there until then.

Damn you cards and packs! :D

All but 1 into next week though so that helps.
    eagle eye wrote: »
    If you have all double pointers bar one, I'm sure you will be the leader after next week.

Pity of the double pointers, I had:

Romo (7*2)
    Miles Austin (3*2)
    Thomas Jones (4*2)

Still managed 111 so not too bad.

kev_s88 wrote: »
    currently in 1st place with a 7 point lead :) this never ever happens! haha

Reckon you might have it sewn up so. You've a lot of good players going into the Championships with doubles and 3 Jets on triples. Unless they all perform how my doubles did last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Got 178 points in that round which was good. Up to fifth 20 points behind the leader. Problem is though that i've only 3 Colts going through to the final round.

• Advertisement

i bombed :( down from 1st to 4th...have peyton and dallas clark on triples, and Colston and Reggie Bush on doubles, with Garcon, Hartley, Saints defense and Pierre Thomas thrown in for good measure

Reckon you might have it sewn up so. You've a lot of good players going into the Championships with doubles and 3 Jets on triples. Unless they all perform how my doubles did last week.

I was off on that prediction. I went back to first this week and have 7 continued on for the SB. 5 on doubles and 2 on triples. Gonna be a close finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Forgot all about this - up into third, seven points in it. :)

Advertisement