Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Playoff Challenge

Options
  • 04-01-2010 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

NFL Playoff Challenge

Just something to keep us going as the Fantasy Football season is over. It works similar to soccer fantasy football, in that you can pick any player you want (ie several teams can have the same player). Its just about accumulating as many points as you can through each round of the playoffs. Ive created a league, so feel free to join.

League Name: Boards.ie League
    Password: Ochocinco

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Just joined but can't seem to enter a team, has it been opened yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,866 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

In

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Picks can be made from 5pm today I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

In

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

I joined up but where do you log into to join the league?

• Advertisement

I joined up but where do you log into to join the league?

Go to Leagues, Use the Search function to search for the League and click on it and press join it will then ask for password. Took me a few minutes to figure this out also haha :D

Go to Leagues, Use the Search function to search for the League and click on it and press join it will then ask for password. Took me a few minutes to figure this out also haha :D

Jaysus i'm blind. Didn't even see the league tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

im in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭_Buck Rogers

will join up later :)

/gets coat, leaves for avatar

Has anyone else tried to pick players? fook me its painful. Anyone else having slow problems?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Has anyone else tried to pick players? fook me its painful. Anyone else having slow problems?

Yeah its been quite slow. It only opened up this evening so I imagine traffic is high at the moment.

Im stuck, I dont know whether to go for a Warner - Fitz combo (Packers secondary doesnt look as fearsome as it did since Big Ben had his way with them, and Warner is more than capable of doing the same) or a Rodgers - Jennings combo against a poor Cardinals secondary (who may up for it the playoffs). At the moment, Im leaning towards Rodgers - Jennings. I think I'll avoid Brady - Moss, seeing as with Welker out, there's no way Moss wont see double coverage.

Didn't think it would be this slow. Thought peak traffic would be after 5pm ET when most Americans get home from work. I'll have a go later but might wait till tomorrow morning if still slow and then a final adjust before the games if necessary. Gonna be a bit of a difficult pick with so many reruns on this cards this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I'm in. I do this every year. It's great craic and keeps up the fantasy fun after the regular season craic is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

In. That was annoyingly slow.

Who is the Dillon Panthers? :D

I should have thought of that, I'm an East Dillon Lion myself.:)

eagle eye wrote: »
    Who is the Dillon Panthers? :D

I should have thought of that, I'm an East Dillon Lion myself.:)

Go Lions! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Didn't think it would be this slow. Thought peak traffic would be after 5pm ET when most Americans get home from work.
    Yeah right - you clearly don't work in an office :D

Couldn't get in earlier, but it seems to be running pretty quick at the moment.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Yeah its been quite slow. It only opened up this evening so I imagine traffic is high at the moment.

Im stuck, I dont know whether to go for a Warner - Fitz combo (Packers secondary doesnt look as fearsome as it did since Big Ben had his way with them, and Warner is more than capable of doing the same) or a Rodgers - Jennings combo against a poor Cardinals secondary (who may up for it the playoffs). At the moment, Im leaning towards Rodgers - Jennings. I think I'll avoid Brady - Moss, seeing as with Welker out, there's no way Moss wont see double coverage.

I went with Rodgers-Jennings myself. It was between that and Romo-Austin. Don't really feel there's another combo outside of that going to put up huge numbers.
    Welker would have been a shoo-in, but I'll be surprised if Brady has anywhere near a 300 yard game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

must remember to join this later. was annihilated in my play-off final at weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

NFL?..Strange how Irish people, especially living in the South Dublin area, aka by the locals as "mini-L.A", want to live like these upper-middle classed highly mediated television shows and support the NFL and not the GAA .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

flag123 wrote: »
    NFL?..Strange how Irish people, especially living in the South Dublin area, aka by the locals as "mini-L.A", want to live like these upper-middle classed highly mediated television shows and support the NFL and not the GAA .

Not from mini-LA (lol) Don't know about others but I support the GAA and follow the NFL. Not sure what it is to you anyway.

How do you know we don't support the GAA? You know nothing about me. I know something about you, however: that you associate sport (and by extension, the enjoyment, revelry and competitiveness that goes with it) with some sort of misguided nationalism. Pathetic. I suppose you hate cricket even more? Time for bed now buddy; you clearly had a bad night.

Wow look at the narrow mindedness in this post. Where you got that any of us live in South Dublin is beyond me. If you are referring to me because of the Tallaght thing you couldn't be more wrong by thinking I live in South Dublin.

Oh by the way you do realise TCD has an American Football team right? Guess it doesn't matter how rich or poor one is to enjoy all kinds of sports. But I guess you wouldn't know that because that brain of yours is too small.

Its safe to say everyone posting on this board enjoys a wide variety of sports including those of the GAA. :rolleyes:

Do you even have any idea about the NFL or American football? Most of the people that play are from working class backgrounds so what upper middle class am i supporting?. We're hardly in here predicting who will win the Ashes or fúcking Wimbledon.

And to contradict your ignorance i'm from Finglas and have played both hurling and football for years. Not to mention i go to every Dub game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Ref throws flag! 15-yard penalty for flag123.
    signal38.gif
    Don't do this again.

What really makes me laugh is that some random fool thinks everyone on a .ie site on the internetz is Irish or lives in Ireland.:pac:

eagle eye wrote: »
    What really makes me laugh is that some random fool thinks everyone on a .ie site on the internetz is Irish or lives on Ireland.:pac:

Didn't you know that is his superpowers kicking in. :p Narrow minded people have tunnel vision especially dumb a$$ nationalists. Apparently if you love Ireland and the GAA you can't love any other sports also. :rolleyes: Besides didn't you know everyone on a .com is American? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

Ha ha ha ha!! This guy is hilarious, if from a fu#ckin bog in Mayo!! Better go upstairs and get my Levi's and burn them in the garden, just in case people don't think in Irish enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

It's best not to feed the trolls. It's strange that he picked this thread of all threads but maybe it's because it was on top at the time.

And yes, go Lions! My team, Gold Lion, is now part of the league and my team is picked.

I think the rules this year are much better as in previous years, you became more limited in the number of changes you could make as the playoffs progressed. This meant that if you (essentially) didn't predict the correct winning teams (especially in the conference championships), you would be left with inactive players for your Super Bowl team. I think the new format is much better where you can change your team as much as you like but you're rewarded for picking players who go the furthest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

i'm in. SamCro ftw!!!

Advertisement