Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Training log

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭traininglog

Monday total :14miles as i did and early morning run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Sunday 8miles easy
    Monday 4mile run in 21.36 followed by 12 x 120m hills

20.30 in dunboyne will be a stroll in the park for you at this rate.

went for 9mile easy run a 7min pace.achilles niggling at me but manageable.
    total miles this year 210miles.
    Spent 40minutes stretching tonight,worked on hips,calfs,hamstrings,arms,chest,neck,quads and back.
    Plan on doing a hill session friday or saturday.

9miles again tonight but @ 6.20 pace
    achilles ok.anyone experienced problems with their achilles before?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭DJS

Im forever having problems but all I can say is after a hard session icing it really helps. If it gets to the stage were u just cant run on it head to a masssage therapist.

Another thing I was told to do but never got around to actually doing, You can buy heel raisers that u put in your running shoe that obviously raises the heel so that there is less pressure on ur Achilles Tendon

Hope it clears up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

anyone experienced problems with their achilles before?

calf raises, ice, physio and look at runners you are wearing. all helped when i got achilles tendonitis last summer. like DJS says if it gets sore to run on stop and take a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Yes runners EOL (end of life).
    When my calves start to ache and achilles gest sore then I know I need to decommission them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,533 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I'm having a mild form of the same problem at the moment. After doing a bit of googley-boogely, I saw a mention of applying some Arnica cream to the area (along with a load of recuperative exercises), which the Mrs just happened to have handy. So after doing a tough session last night, I applied some, and perhaps it's a placebo, but it doesn't seem as painful this morning. I'll certainly give it a go again. Arnica is a form of natural anti-inflammatory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Yep as mentioned above problems with runners etc. A good stretching routine can obviously help. If you haven't got a foam roller I'd invest in one also. I found my achilles pain originates from the calf muscle so a good stretch of this helps me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

How's the achilles traininglog?

• Advertisement
Advertisement