Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training log

Options
  • 04-01-2010 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

1st:11miles at easy pace
    2nd:am 5.5miles pm 10miles
    3rd:am 5miles pm 3.5miles @ 6min pace

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

1st:11miles at easy pace
    2nd:am 5.5miles pm 10miles
    3rd:am 5miles pm 3.5miles @ 6min pace

Are you training for anything in particular and what kinda distances do you focus on i presume more a higher distance runner like marathon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭traininglog

7miles today.
    I am building a base at the moment with the view to maybe running 5k on the track in the summer.
    My goals are more day to day at the moment!!!

2miles am
    8.5miles pm
    total 10.5
    Felt really fresh tonight,yesterday was a slog.
    pace was 6.30-40

12.5miles/92minutes

Loved every minute of this run,passing by cars stuck in traffic.
    IT bands very tight,gona book in for massage end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Speedy44

7miles today.
    I am building a base at the moment with the view to maybe running 5k on the track in the summer.
    My goals are more day to day at the moment!!!

You seem to be in pretty good condition at the moment, what kind of 5K time are you looking for in the summer?
    I'm also training with that in mind, want to get a good winter base and then see what happens.
    Best of luck with the training.

• Advertisement

I have never ran a 5k on the track,im hoping to run under 15.30.My pb is 15.45 on the roads which was run on 2months of mileage and no workouts.
    I havn't set in stone what i will run in the summer.Wuld like to bring down my 800m and 1500m pb's which are 2.02 and 4.09
    Jan/Feb/March i will spen building my mileage up to a consistant 80miles per week.during this phase i will add tempo runs and hill workouts.
    In April i will make a decision wether to run track or go for a fast half marathon.
    The main thing is to stay injury free and get plenty of miles in the legs.
    Not sure when i will race,probably do a 10k middle of March(gona look up calendar now)

6am morning run of 5miles,boy ohh boy was it slippy.Still havn't fallen yet(touch wood)
    ran this evening and wasn't too bad did 9miles

total today 14miles

am 5.5miles(48mins)very slippy underfoot

pm 9.5miles nice steady pace (68mins)
    total miles:15miles

10miles steady in 78mins.
    sore throat today and hamstring little tight.

am: 7miles steady,was sgtill half asleep but went at a nice clip.
    pm: 10miles + ran at heart rate average 142,felt very relaxed but hamstring still tight,will have to stop putting odf going to a massage therapist:eek:
    got the new Irish Runner today,
    Looking at Dunboyne 4mile as my first race back.

• Advertisement

am:very easy run today,couldn't get my heart rate above 140.was stuck in 2nd gear.
    11miles covered
    some nice food now and feet up for the day:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Looking at Dunboyne 4mile as my first race back.

What sort of time would you be aiming for ? Dunboyne is nice and fast. Well it was I haven't ran the new course yet, not too sure if the race has been held on the new course come to think of it !

As im just getting back into the swing of things after a nice break im not sure.
    I would be very dissapointed if i didnt run under 20.30
    be a nice opener !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

What sort of time would you be aiming for ? Dunboyne is nice and fast. Well it was I haven't ran the new course yet, not too sure if the race has been held on the new course come to think of it !

This race will be over a new course, and the exact distance hasn't been confirmed yet either... No guarantee it will be a 4 miler.

I can point you in the direction of a nice 5 miler on St. Patricks Day ;-)

will be away warm weather training then:D

pm:7mile run steady
    went 30seconds a mile faster than this morning.
    felt good.

will be away warm weather training then:D

By any chance this wouldnt be with a certain college athletics team no?

am:2.5 miles easy and some stretching.(lower back little tight)

pm:11.5miles ran 8miles at 6.30 pace,felt really strong and heart rate remained steady @ 150-155

total:14miles

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

Thats a nice run yesterday evening, nice confindent run, your obvisouly a competitive runner. Are you in a club? How many years have you been running? Whats your favourite distance?

Not with at club at the moment but have been in the past.
    Been running 8 years or so but still not sure what my best distance is but hope to run a good marathon in the next couple of years.

Tonight:11mile run 7min pace,seem to have my confidence back but need to control the miles and especially the pace.
    doing an easy session tommorow just to ease my way back.
    Plan is to introduce hills and tempos over the next few weeks.

total:11miles

• Advertisement

Been running 8 years or so but still not sure what my best distance is but hope to run a good marathon in the next couple of years.

Tonight:11mile run 7min pace,seem to have my confidence back but need to control the miles and especially the pace.

I hope to have a few tempos between 5-8 miles over the next few weeks and if you would be interested in company send us a PM and maybe we can arrange something always good to have a bit of company

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

I aint going to try and match you for the 1000 miles. Your log is very impressive to say the least.

The miles will drop in a few weeks Village.Missed out my 1.5mile run to bus stop this morning:rolleyes:
    What you training for Village.

Tempos would be great Ecoli,just let me know when.
    send you my schedule the weekend and we can sort out something.

6mile run this morning.Didn't get much sleep last night and was running like a zombie.
    Plenty of rest today and food and drink(the right type;))

9mile run tonight,felt really good.think this morning it was lack of sleep and food.
    just looking at log there and my last 7 days have been over 100miles:eek:
    Next few days im going to listen to the body and probably have a very easy day or rest day.
    kept thinking of my holidays in 17days time on the run:D

total [EMAIL="today@15miles"]today:15miles[/EMAIL]

tonight i ran 9miles steady,legs and body felt back to normal.this mornings run was a shock to the system,lack of sleep and my run the previous evening was late so not enough time to recover.
    17days to my holidays:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

The miles will drop in a few weeks Village.Missed out my 1.5mile run to bus stop this morning:rolleyes:
    What you training for Village.

Marathon in April. Hope to get close to 2.50.

rest day today.probably tick over next couple of days and do a long run monday;)

Didnt have time to train today outdoors so hit the treadmill.
    last time im running on them bloddy things:mad:
    achilles and calfs very tight after.
    did some speed play but best thing i got from session was my treshold running was around the 14.8kph pace,not a happy bunny but gave me a shot of reality that im doing too much at the moment and need to bring the pace of my runs up and cut the junk miles out.

total miles was 9
    covered 10k in 42.22 on the treadmill,ran outdoors a little after but was short for time as i was going out.

• Advertisement

Sunday 8miles easy
    Monday 4mile run in 21.36 followed by 12 x 120m hills

Advertisement