Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last TG of the series

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

zuutroy wrote: »
    Its funny how pieces that are mildly interesting, different and a bit obscure like the piece on road signs or the cars from the 20's and 30's they had on a couple of years back are disliked, where the horrible scripted garbage like the races and the trip across the south-east of the US is heralded as TV genius.
    The show makes me cringe a lot, particularly Clarkson's right wing mania and parts where they are just playing their character ie 'lol you're old/drive slow/got you teeth done, jostle jostle'. They're certainly still capable of making good original pieces of motoring journalism (while still being entertaining and light hearted) but no one wants to see that it seems.

I like original / obscure pieces myself. Its great when they sometimes divert from the iron-clad script and do something abit unusual. But this episode just lacked something, and it was typified by the roadsigns segment. It was just tedious in the extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Whats with the superimposed comic-book graphics in the lexus test???
    It was a homage to Japanese art and manga, I thought it looked cool.
    James May's test was dull & cheap. BBC must have over-spent, especially on clarksons globe-trotting contribution.
    That was the joke, they clearly spelled out the joke, Hammond and Clarkson wasted all the money and left nothing for May. It wasn't even a subtle joke they practically told you about the joke before they told it.

Akrasia wrote: »
    It really does seem like they were just killing time for the last episode of the series and doing it badly. .
    Again it was a fairly obvious joke that they where killing time as they ran out of money for that show.

I laughed when Clarkson would jet off to another country just to test the glovebox or suspension on different road surfaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

anyone know when it will be repeated?, cant see it on the bbc channels this week, or Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

BBC3 Friday 7 pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

I know the style used in the Lexus video is Japanese/Manga in natire, but are there any tutorials out there on how to create that effect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

ScumLord wrote: »
    It was a homage to Japanese art and manga, I thought it looked cool.

Fair enough. You thought the flying saucer shooting laser beams at the lexus was cool?

Its great having loads of jokes & all but its about the cars at the end of the day, not the presenters or fancy graphics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Best of TG starts for 4 weeks Sunday 8.30. Tis bits from the last few series.

Advertisement