Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Look how easy it is to gear now!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

TechnoPool wrote: »
    hows the XP in av these days?

It's grand, I haven't seen much changes in it on my Rogue, if anything it seems to give more XP at lower levels.

Trouble is though, with the new dungeon system, there's a lot less AV's going on to level up in fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Overheal wrote: »
    Its fairly safe to presume all this gear youre getting so easilly will be nothing compared to what youll be wanting to drop when you get the expansion.

That's nice....the fact that in future updates there'll be better gear......have you got a crystal ball for that information?
    Take this moment to enjoy catching up to all the no-life players

My point is that there is no catch up gear wise. New players are coming in to the same level of gear as the no-lifers, yes, but it's an alt catching up with all the new to the game players as well. Casual, or hard core (doesn't exist any more really), it's mostly the same now - but only in terms of gear.
    so all the endgame toons (or most of them) will start on fairly even footing when y'all start charging into the maelstrom.

Again, only gear wise. The issue is that people aren't on level footing with their ability to play, but the majority look at the gear as the way to grade their ability. They may as well ask for boosted achievement links.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,979 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

true but in a discussion about gearing, skills a bit off topic. youre complaining about getting gear too easily but then saying gears irrelevant anyway. So whats your point?
    Delicious ironing
    My highest is a 42 so no im not there yet.
    have you got a crystal ball for that information?
    Touchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Venema

i think Cataclysm if anyone is gonna play it will be a new beginning of raiding and how casual and easy it will be
    i hope it aint as easy as they made it in WOTLK people do deserve to see endgame content but to be boosted to that kind of standard isnt right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Touchy.

No, just incredibly sarcastic when faced with captain obvious :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Iamxavier, stable the horse and put away the strawman arguments. Join the conversation if you will, but play nice please.

Everybody else, rein it back a bit please. I appreciate (every) topic(s) in this forum tends to bring about a passionate discourse, but that is no excuse for acting like a bunch of Counter-strike forum users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

RopeDrink wrote: »
    You rein in your CS Horse and I'll rein in my WoW Horse, tbh.

Mod Duel, outside Org NOW !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,979 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**;63798441']No, just incredibly sarcastic when faced with captain obvious :)

OK but please ease up, I've been playing like, 2 or 3 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

OK but please ease up, I've been playing like, 2 or 3 months?

Then ease up on calling people that enjoy playing the game more than you, no lifers :P

On topic, gearing up is crazy easy, just look at how pimped out my shammy is after a few days, running heroics as healer sure is fast on the que front...

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Laughing+Skull&n=Madjake

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kyri

I think its great that alts can gear up as it doesn't take a master mind to see that it was an alt not a main - With things like achievements and items like a cloak, trinkets, rings etc being still quite hard to to obtain if your bothered you can check out a char in great detail. What I like is it makes guilds recruiting spend more time to make sure the player is good rather then invite them to the guild then summon them to a boss fight that they know nothing about which was happening alot lately on my server anyways.

It's great fun though playing an alt in group with people playing their mains and being 10% ahead of them in DMG.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Mod Duel, outside Org NOW !!!
    Ah Ropey knows I'd kick his ass at CS any day! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Very easy to gear up atm. I had my dk sitting in some ****ty 200/213/219 gear before i closed my sub. Decided to come back for the lulz just to see how things are now and im actually supprised. This cross realm lfg is awesome as a tank or healer, bit of a pain as a dps though. ICC10/25 is just a bloody joke of a place.

But links speak louder then words i guess:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Moonglade&n=Kontraban

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hardly call ICC a joke.

The first four bosses are tough at first attempt, but then by your second weeks raid you should have no problems.

The second set of bosses are a big jump imo.

I think proven by the fact theres only one guild around thats cleared the three new bosses according to mmo.

It would be a joke if you could walz through the seven bosses one first go, but it will take some attempts.

Again I'll refer back to how looking at guides and stuff does make it easy, where as we are having a really challenging time getting through trash, a fun challenge.

The ease and rate at which people can gear alts or their mains with triumph badges is only a good thing.

There is a wealth and host of pugs going for everything on outland constantly, which is great fun. Also instead of having downtime towards Thursday-Monday when I've done all my raids, I can jump on alts and do a host of heroics to get gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

i'm sorry but first 4 bosses on 10 and 25 man in under 2 hours without knowing tactics. I call that a joke. The one problem with the lfg tool is that you have to wait 5 mins to vote kick someone, seems a bit long if you get a complete eejit in the group with you.

Then again the kick cooldown helps some of us who just dont meet the high standards :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

I've been trying to get back into wow I've 4 at
    max lelel and I've found it hard to pick a toon as my
    main. I've played with priest and dual specced and gotten some lvl 80 gear.
    I'm thinking about going as a lock or rogue now but just can't get into wow tbh

after Reading ur post I think I'll give randoms a better go.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Hardly call ICC a joke.

The first four bosses are tough at first attempt, but then by your second weeks raid you should have no problems.

The second set of bosses are a big jump imo.

I think proven by the fact theres only one guild around thats cleared the three new bosses according to mmo.

It would be a joke if you could walz through the seven bosses one first go, but it will take some attempts.

Again I'll refer back to how looking at guides and stuff does make it easy, where as we are having a really challenging time getting through trash, a fun challenge.

The ease and rate at which people can gear alts or their mains with triumph badges is only a good thing.

There is a wealth and host of pugs going for everything on outland constantly, which is great fun. Also instead of having downtime towards Thursday-Monday when I've done all my raids, I can jump on alts and do a host of heroics to get gear.

Wow, a whole week to adapt :rolleyes:

The content is piss easy and i will grow very bored of it very fast, im sick of this watered down content tbh..

Games, especially against the computer are ment to be challenging. Making them easier for lazy/slow people is just lame, its like playing super mario and having no mushrooms/turtles etc in the levels. How can you enjoy it when its clearly dummed down for you??

Raiding used to be a thing of overcoming the challenge and it taking weeks/months to over come a boss, now random pugs can roll through them with ease, and guilds are one shotting new bosses.

Hard modes? they are what they should be and all people get rewarded with who do them is the same loot with a minor upgrade to stats, lame. :(

nix wrote: »
    Wow, a whole week to adapt :rolleyes:

The content is piss easy and i will grow very bored of it very fast, im sick of this watered down content tbh..

Games, especially against the computer are ment to be challenging. Making them easier for lazy/slow people is just lame, its like playing super mario and having no mushrooms/turtles etc in the levels. How can you enjoy it when its clearly dummed down for you??

Raiding used to be a thing of overcoming the challenge and it taking weeks/months to over come a boss, now random pugs can roll through them with ease, and guilds are one shotting new bosses.

Hard modes? they are what they should be and all people get rewarded with who do them is the same loot with a minor upgrade to stats, lame. :(

i was gonna post about how if i joined a random pug heroic that my dps wouldnt be up to scratch and id probably get kicked but your comment just says it all about the folks that play wow. I joined a BG the other day on my rogue who i havnt got any decent gear for and someones link the 2 level 70 swords i have from TBC Bg's? I mean **** off i know my gear is **** thats why im playing was what i was thinking.

what about the casual gamer who hasnt hours to play? Sure content shouldnt be "piss easy" especially the new raid stuff (i raided most of TBC bar the black temple and other place..) but spare a thought for those of us who cant/wont commit to the time sink involved again..

I'm talking raids here, not heroics. I dont mind boosting randomers in heroics at all, i do it all the time.

I'm talking about the content difficulty and i believe people should have to raid through everything to gain the experience to take on the tougher challenges. So if you ding 80 you should have to join a guild thats raiding naxx, then go ulduar and then go toc, then icc.. etc

The raids should get harder as we progress, not be easy all the time.

everybody has to start somewhere, they just shouldn't start at the top :cool:

Alot of people skip the learning curve of the game, join a guild with good gear and no experience, get blasted when they are found out to be clueless of how to play their class, know tactics and then moan about those people being "elitists", its silly really. and i tire of people being ignorant to it and blaming everybody but themselves.
    Scram wrote: »

what about the casual gamer who hasnt hours to play? Sure content shouldnt be "piss easy" especially the new raid stuff (i raided most of TBC bar the black temple and other place..) but spare a thought for those of us who cant/wont commit to the time sink involved again..

If i wanted i could commit 2-3 hours for 3 evenings a week and raid in a high end guild, totaling 6-9 hours a week to be at the level im at, its not that much to be honest. I play more than that though as i raid on my alts etc too, its cold outside damnit! :P

The point is

When you experienced these " hardcore raids" you did them with 40 people, and had no aid like there is today.

Content today is 10 or 25, and a stupid amount of help on the internet.

If you have the dps numbers, the healing numbers, and tanks with half a brain, you can read all the guides that hold your hand and walk you through.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, try doing the raids without looking at guides, and you'll see they are clever, inventive and for the first few times...tough.

I take more pride in the fact of downing bosses after I have(with guild) figured the fight out ourselves and cleared, more then one shotting a boss after spending an hour reading a guide : /

I'd also question where is the skill of the so called "uber guilds and player" who are effectively, reading a walkthrough guide : /

I would also point out that there is no heroic mode out yet, so I'd really stop having a " watered down content" whinge.

When ToC came out my guild got through it pretty quickly on 10 man, 2 hours max first go to clear it.

So the 10 man ICC is a step up alright from ToC, but not enough that it excludes everyone. And the new three bosses are another step up again, as will the final two tiers.

Then you have them all, in heroic, and if thats a piece of piss ( proved by the amount of pugs completing it) then I'll bow down to that style of thinking.

Theres still no ToTGC pugs on my server that actually complete the instance.

• Advertisement

ummm an hour looking through guides? >_<

i skip through a brief tactic guide (2-3min) as a required to be in the raids im in with my guild, the rest is in game learning curve and DBM.

We did the same in tbc for SSC for example, we spent weeks on most of the bosses even with the tactics from guides on the net. I'm not even gonna go near how long it took us to down vashj. SSC had no hard mode, it was challenging from start to finish, except the lurker.

The raids in wotlk are a cake walk if ya ask me in comparison, some of the heroic modes are piss easy too..

And i think hard modes are lame, ive already seen the content and the very small marginal upgrades you can get dont make it worth while, id rather it be a challenge from the start.

TheDoc wrote: »
    The point is

When you experienced these " hardcore raids" you did them with 40 people, and had no aid like there is today.

Content today is 10 or 25, and a stupid amount of help on the internet.

If you have the dps numbers, the healing numbers, and tanks with half a brain, you can read all the guides that hold your hand and walk you through.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, try doing the raids without looking at guides, and you'll see they are clever, inventive and for the first few times...tough.

I take more pride in the fact of downing bosses after I have(with guild) figured the fight out ourselves and cleared, more then one shotting a boss after spending an hour reading a guide : /

I'd also question where is the skill of the so called "uber guilds and player" who are effectively, reading a walkthrough guide : /

I would also point out that there is no heroic mode out yet, so I'd really stop having a " watered down content" whinge.

When ToC came out my guild got through it pretty quickly on 10 man, 2 hours max first go to clear it.

So the 10 man ICC is a step up alright from ToC, but not enough that it excludes everyone. And the new three bosses are another step up again, as will the final two tiers.

Then you have them all, in heroic, and if thats a piece of piss ( proved by the amount of pugs completing it) then I'll bow down to that style of thinking.

Theres still no ToTGC pugs on my server that actually complete the instance.

i agree with what you say, now im a stubborn bastard and when it comes to wow i dont like to read tactics well who does really. prefer to learnt he fight first with my own eyes and heck if we wipe ok.

I dont care if this isnt the way its done its the way i do it. after all its better to learn by your mistakes than read some guide and more fun.

i skip through a brief tactic guide (2-3min) as a required to be in the raids im in with my guild, the rest is in game learning curve and DBM.

We did the same in tbc for SSC for example, we spent weeks on most of the bosses even with the tactics from guides on the net. I'm not even gonna go near how long it took us to down vashj. SSC had no hard mode, it was challenging from start to finish, except the lurker.

The raids in wotlk are a cake walk if ya ask me in comparison, some of the heroic modes are piss easy too..

And i think hard modes are lame, ive already seen the content and the very small marginal upgrades you can get dont make it worth while, id rather it be a challenge from the start.

Yeah i agree and went though the same thing as you. SSC was hard, heck we wiped on trash mobs at the start then boss wipes and no guide can really tell you what to do. You have to learn it yourself.

Getting Vash down was one the best moments in wow for me and the other dude in neterstorm. After getting both them down and being able to enter the black temple i couldt take anymore and did 2 boss fights in the black temple and stopped raiding. It was just too much time and effort for what really amounted to nothing at the end of the day. I was just burned out but it was fun at times. So i made some alts and leveled them up.

At the moment im back with my lock trying to gear up and watching people in random pugs print off dps meters at me...sigh. I know i dont ahve the gear to raid with my guild nor want to, i just want to be able to do decent damage without a tank beating me on the damage meters, yeah its happened. But my "Gearscore" is way below theres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 padraigggg

So I don't think anyone is really saying how the changes affect their own gameplay.

In what way does the change actually affect your personal gameplay?

padraigggg wrote: »
    So I don't think anyone is really saying how the changes affect their own gameplay.

In what way does the change actually affect your personal gameplay?

The only thing it really does it make heroics a way to gear up for raids. Ive done a lot of heroics in the last week, and ive enjoyed the way there cross-realm but i know to be part of my guilds raid team i still need a lot more. As a casual player its great, you get the sence of acivement from getting gear at your own pace. I think its the best thing blizzard have done in a long time.

Also just today i went to help out a guildy do the "hilt" quest thingy and it dropped i won it and ive got myself an awesome new weapon and the quest was the best quest ive ever done in wow great fun to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I cannot agree more with this. +1000000.

Advertisement