Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite Guinness Ad

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

The dancing one :D with that cool Latin music

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭scotchy

vidhead wrote: »
    Anyone know what the music is, the hillbilly/banjo one in the latest Guinness ad? Its really good but totally different to the one on YouTube which is a bit naff...

The tune is called Classical Gas. It sounds great on the banjo in the ad.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

scotchy wrote: »

here it is with original artist Mason Williams with Eric Clapton

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Horsetiger

Didn't last long on TV but my favourite ad!

Hi Horsetiger your link isn't showing up. Use these instructions to post your youtube link :)

If you want to add a YouTube video just click the YouTube Icon up on the top right when submitting your post and these tags will come up ..

[.youtube][/youtube]

You then just cut and paste everything AFTER the = in the YouTube URL and place it in the centre of the tags.

Which for the video you just wanted it would be ..

[.youtube]wzQvwgyCaRU[/youtube]

• Advertisement

:cool:

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I like the 'born of our land' advert with the trees rising up and playing rugby. Mystical and uplifting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

"Tá siad ag teacht".

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 vidhead

Ta Scotcy, Horsetiger....I KNEW i had heard it before, as soon as it came on the ad I was singing to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Back in the 80's there was a class Guinness ad I've been trying to find on Youtube this ages to no avail. There was a man surfing in guinness I think, the water was brown anyway:o, there was class saxaphone music playing to it.. I used to love it. Anyone remember this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Juggler_

it has to be that dancing lad. Thats was class!

:o

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Doolittle51

:cool:

1 minute in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj5OT3z1VGA

:cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

The one where the man gets the tv and starts walking and everyone followed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

dolliemix wrote: »
    here it is with original artist Mason Williams with Eric Clapton

Just Mason Williams. It's an urban myth that Clapton has ever even done a cover version of the tune (he hasn't). It's probably because it was the only non-Clapton tune featured on the soundtrack from The Story of Us.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭umpire bat

The Christmas ad with the Claddagh, Custom House and Mrs Connells pub on the Hill of Skryne. Very evocative and makes me long for a pint near a fire in a good local with good friends.
    We need to get out and meet people again and shun the whole wishy washy concept of "a Video, chinese takeaweay and a bottle of wine" as a form of entertainment.

:)

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭The Oggmonster

I don't know if it's been mentioned but the music in the new ad (Classical Gas) is played by Lisa Simpson in the episode Last Exit to Springfield. There's where a lot of people would have heard it before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Warfi

I don't know if it's been mentioned but the music in the new ad (Classical Gas) is played by Lisa Simpson in the episode Last Exit to Springfield. There's where a lot of people would have heard it before.

Yeah Lenny asks her to play it too after she's finished her strike song :)

It' also in an episode of Frasier (Frasier acts as mentor for a friend who decides to copy Frasier's life, including the furniture in his apartment. The song is played as Frasier tries to re-invent his own apartment)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nyskjerrig

It is indeed a Classical gas performed by Uzbek musician Janna, pic and info here:
    http://www.banjohangout.org/myhangout/home.asp?id=16836

You can listen to the tune here:
    http://www.banjohangout.ws/banjohangout.org/storage/audio/classical--16836-25161722112009.mp3

Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Annee

I really wanted to see if I could download the music from the current Guinness ad 'The World', so I emailed Guinness to see exactly who it's by.

They told me it's a cover version of Mason William's track 'Classical Gas', which we already knew, but that it's actually a version released by a Nashville group called Area Code 615, recorded in the 1970s.

Here's the recording up on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ynnSdBIda8 (synced to a video of birds for some reason...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 SxE

• Registered Users Posts: 19 basemann

Can Anyone tell me what was the music used in the 1970's/ 80's beach advert. They used to play it in the cinema for years. It's the one Christy Moore mentions in his D.T's song about the guy on the surfboard. It sounds like Peter Framtom. Anyone have a youtube link?

Advertisement