Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite Guinness Ad

Options
  • 02-01-2010 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭

Wowzers - I've been watching TG4 all afternoon and they're showing a new Guinness ad. It has really uplifting type hillbilly music in the background and the men are mega-hot. I normally don't pay attention to ads but Guinness always do them really well. I know most hot-blooded women I know like them cos the men are all rugged and manly. Also they always get really good landscape shots in. Do men like the guinness ads too?

And what was your favourite guinness ad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

The one from about 1996/97 with the psychic twins. One guy out in the middle of a desert and a water tower falls over.
    Nice DJ Shadow tune too.
    Have never been able to find it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

The one with the surfers & white horses
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcdDg30VBgo

Or the domino ad :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Sougog02A

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

ronaneire wrote: »
    The one with the surfers & white horses
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcdDg30VBgo

]

Good choice!

That surfers ad got voted number 1 in the 100 Greatest Ads on Channel 4

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/G/greatest/tv_ads/results.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

dolliemix wrote: »
    Good choice!

That surfers ad got voted number 1 in the 100 Greatest Ads on Channel 4

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/G/greatest/tv_ads/results.html

Yeah it's one of the all time greats I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

This one

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

This a close second.

I like the white Christmas one with the scenes from all over Ireland, the fox, and o'connells pub, etc. captures the essence and magic of the season.

the new years ad with the fireworks and arthur guinness signature in lights is pretty class too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Tá siad ag teacht!

During the ESB strikes back in the day
    This 30 seconds of darkness has been brought to you by Guiness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Lemondrop kid

Pity they changed the Guinness - dont know why or even how/what way but it aint the same. IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 vidhead

Anyone know what the music is, the hillbilly/banjo one in the latest Guinness ad? Its really good but totally different to the one on YouTube which is a bit naff...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

Or this

Or this

lol! At the end of that ad it says 'drinking responsibly is brilliant' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

My own personal favourite Guinness ad. It's a tribute to the legendary explorer that was Tom Crean.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Ah they're all excellent, more recently the noitulovE one was very good.

But, this Guinness ad was the first one that really grabbed my attention, I watched it every time it came on TV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

cashback wrote: »
    The one from about 1996/97 with the psychic twins. One guy out in the middle of a desert and a water tower falls over.
    Nice DJ Shadow tune too.
    Have never been able to find it online.

its called 'stem' its from the 'endtroducing' album, the first album ever made up entirely of samples or at least its known as such

indough wrote: »

its called 'stem' its from the 'endtroducing' album, the first album ever made up entirely of samples or at least its known as such

Oh thanks but I actually meant the ad. Yeah the album is in my top five of all time, brilliant stuff!

sorry i thought you meant you couldnt find the song oops :p

this must be it, very poor quality though

also found this while looking for it, a bit naughty

• Registered Users Posts: 14 The Book Thief

Really like all the Guinness ads but my favourite is the Christmas ad 'even at the home of the black stuff they're dreaming of a white one'. Think that's the line and the ad is usually only shown in December- the last thing that actually respects that Chrismas doesn't begin in September!! So Christmassy!

Wow, I'm impressed you managed to find that, spent ages looking myself. Now my curiousity is satisfied!

• Advertisement

:eek::eek::eek:

Was that second one shown on Irish tv?

i have no idea but the comments on youtube seem to suggest it was shown somewhere else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

This is my fav. Ironically I actually hate the tune (but the message and the sentiment more than make up for it).

Found this on you tube but its not the same music. Ill keep looking.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

scotchy wrote: »
    Found this on you tube but its not the same music. Ill keep looking.

Its funny. I saw the new Guinness add for the first time earlier this evening and knew it was a guinness add before there was any mention of Guinness...

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Thank you so much. I have wondered for years who that song was by. Heard it played by Donal Dineen many, many years ago but he never said who it was by at the end and I've been wondering since.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭chickenpoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX_IfxPg8Aw

This is my favourite, always loved the guy in it and just realised now when rewatching it that it's Michael Fassbender. The song is fantastic as well, really makes the ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

chickenpoo wrote: »
    The song is fantastic as well, really makes the ad.

The song is Hey Day by the late Mic Christopher. Here's an extended version:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

chickenpoo wrote: »
    just realised now when rewatching it that it's Michael Fassbender.

Oh yeah... the English bloke from Inglourious Basterds. I knew I recognised him from somewhere when I seen that film.

Advertisement